THE BROWNS BOARD

So Kiko isn't being fined?

letsgojackets

Are they waiting until the end of this week's schedule or what? Still pissed off he goes helmet to hemlet on a QB mid slide. Fucking bullshit. I hope he blows out a knee. I don't care call me a dick but I've had my ACL reconstructed too. Only good thing about that was my therapist was hot.

I believe fines are not announced until Tuesday, we still have Sunday and Monday games to go

There is no fucking reason for Kiko to get fined.

kikonow.gif

He drops his shoulder and helmet to where Hoyer's ribs are before the sliding motion begins. Hoyer slid far too late, and it's his own fault that he's out for the entire year (and maybe Gordon's for dropping that pass in the first drive and forcing Hoyer to make plays with his feet). Hoyer had the opportunity to slide earlier or run out of bounds, but he didn't and Kiko made a football move.

Why would he be fined? QB left the pocket and is running up the field. QB either needs to go out of bounds

or get the fuck down.

Look, I think it sucks that Hoyer is done. We actually had a shot at having a good season.

If you think the QB should be off limits, then put a red jersey on them like in practice.

i didn't like the hit ONLY because i'm a fan of the team which it had affected.

that being said the hit didn't put hoyer out for the season. either it's a bad field and his cleats got caught up in it and made his slide look like a bad movie, where you know something bad is going to happen but you just don't know how bad it is. or he just had a huge brain fart and went about his slide the wrong way.

i personally will root against this guy for the rest of his career, but that doesn't mean it was an illegal hit. like i had said before he reminds me of a roided up polygirl.

BUT if he were on our team and we were dissecting the video like you want to do, i guarantee your view might be different.

i hate ray lewis (hate....it's a strong word) dislike ray lewis very much but he had played for the browns his jersey would be stained and worn out by now.

if he gets fined i'll be shocked.

Gipson led with his shoulder.

Kiko clearly led with his helmet. Hoyer shouldn't have slid like that - if he hadn't, he'd probly be okay.

But leading with the helmet is not a clean, legal hit on a defenseless player.

If Kiko had simply led with his shoulder, it would have been fine.

That's just how I see it. We'll see if he gets fined or not.

well from what i remember didn't he also do a troy polygirl jump the line at the QB move right as the ball was snapped?

polygirl does that every game abd has never been fined. i thought 'launching' yourself with helmet first was the big no no nowadays?

so if you launch yourself with your arms out in front of you but still make contact with your helmet first shouldn't that be a fine? (not saying that is what happened in the hoyer hit....i thought that was clean)....even though the guy is a roided up dick.

It could go either way. What speaks against a fine is that Alonso dropped to that level practically simultaneously with Brian doing the same. He could not have predicted that. These guys have to make millisecond decisions when making their plays. That said, and what speaks for a fine, is the poor tackling tecnique that he used. It is more of a late lead with helmet dive than a clean arm wrap up attempt.

calfoxwc, I mostly agree with what you said except for the "defenseless player" part. A quarterback, when deciding to scramble, is not a defenseless player just because he´s a quarterback.

At any rate I wish both Brian and EJ quick recoveries.

attachicon.giforiginal.gif

Can't find it anyway but I guess I'm wrong. We'll see Tuesday...

I think the top one here is what you are referring to: http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/03/brian-hoyer-took-a-hard-hit-from-kiko-alonso-appeared-to-twist-knee/

Sorry, can´t figure out how to enbed that here like Vapor Trail did.

I think the top one here is what you are referring to: http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/03/brian-hoyer-took-a-hard-hit-from-kiko-alonso-appeared-to-twist-knee/

Sorry, can´t figure out how to enbed that here like Vapor Trail did.

Oh wow. Imagine that Kiko looks up and then crowns him. Sorry for the shitty thread guys Vaportrail has put me in my place. I won't start any threads from now on. Go Browns.

Oh wow. Imagine that Kiko looks up and then crowns him. Sorry for the shitty thread guys Vaportrail has put me in my place. I won't start any threads from now on. Go Browns.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you can see that he lines up for his ribs at the same time Hoyer decides to drop. It was definitely helmet to helmet, so there is an argument for a flag, but it was clearly not intentional so there's no cogent argument for a fine. Why are you still whining about it?

brian-hoyer-a.gif

You have no idea what you're talking about, you can see that he lines up for his ribs at the same time Hoyer decides to drop. It was definitely helmet to helmet, so there is an argument for a flag, but it was clearly not intentional so there's no cogent argument for a fine. Why are you still whining about it?

brian-hoyer-a.gif

Actually, this view gives me a new perspective on it. Again, the hit to the head had nothing to do with causing the injury...but it is a fact that he does lower his head in order to make helmet to helmet contact.

That is clear to me.

What may also be apparent is that he is allowed to do this...one Hoyer breaks contain and starts to scramble he loses his protection and is just another runner....who, apparently under the rules, can be the subject of a helmet to helmet hit.

Remember the James Harrison hit on Josh Cribbs a couple of years back? He planted the crown of his helmet into Cribb's helmet.....no penalty, no fine, no nothing. This is apparently the same sort of thing.

You can lead with your helmet? Surely that can't be.... I understand that he's a runner...

but spearing anybody with the helmet surely isn't legal.

You can lead with your helmet? Surely that can't be.... I understand that he's a runner...

but spearing anybody with the helmet surely isn't legal.

It's not even legal to do it as the runner any more. To be fair, he's at most leading half with his helmet, more with his shoulder. Trouble is, if you try to tackle someone with your shoulder, you're head's going to be in the vicinity, you can't lead with your shoulder and leave your head behind...

ya, but the shoulder straight on, leads with the head first. He could

have side-shoulder bumped him out of bounds in a huge way, sending him flying

out of bounds - but he clearly dove at him helmet first. I don't see an attempt

to hit him with the shoulder there. Or shoved him out of bounds with his hands.

Actually, this view gives me a new perspective on it. Again, the hit to the head had nothing to do with causing the injury...but it is a fact that he does lower his head in order to make helmet to helmet contact.

That is clear to me.

What may also be apparent is that he is allowed to do this...one Hoyer breaks contain and starts to scramble he loses his protection and is just another runner....who, apparently under the rules, can be the subject of a helmet to helmet hit.

Remember the James Harrison hit on Josh Cribbs a couple of years back? He planted the crown of his helmet into Cribb's helmet.....no penalty, no fine, no nothing. This is apparently the same sort of thing.

I just have to disagree, he is lowering his head to chest-level before Hoyer drops and ends up with his head at that same level. I don't think the helmet-to-helmet contact is intentional. It wasn't even a direct helmet-to-helmet hit. I love Hoyer, but the injury is on him. He should have either stayed upright and ran out of bounds, or entered a clean QB slide earlier.

ya, but the shoulder straight on, leads with the head first. He could

have side-shoulder bumped him out of bounds in a huge way, sending him flying

out of bounds - but he clearly dove at him helmet first. I don't see an attempt

to hit him with the shoulder there. Or shoved him out of bounds with his hands.

You can see in the gif the arms go round, he's trying to wrap him up, rather than knock him out of bounds. It's just bad luck for the helmet to helmet.

I just have to disagree, he is lowering his head to chest-level before Hoyer drops and ends up with his head at that same level. I don't think the helmet-to-helmet contact is intentional. It wasn't even a direct helmet-to-helmet hit. I love Hoyer, but the injury is on him. He should have either stayed upright and ran out of bounds, or entered a clean QB slide earlier.

Well, the key phrase as you said is "lowering his helmet".... on that play, to me seeing it, it is completely counterproductive for him to have lowered his helmet. His tackle would have been far more efficient if he had not lowered the helmet. The only purpose I see for him lowering his head is to crashbang into Hoyer's head.

Again...I am not saying that this play was illegal or should have been penalized, nor do I believe at all that the head to head hit had anything to do with the injury (it could actually have been worse had he kept his head up). I just say that lowering his helmet was superfluous.

Archived