THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Play President/GM for the draft

Frenchie

It's amazing the Browns are above .500 for the first time in 6 years and we are talking about the draft in Week 6. I do, however, love talking draft so I will have to jump in. The Browns WILL BE drafting a quarterback OR 2 this year. Brandon Weeden would haveto do nothing short of making a Pro Bowl this year and leading the Browns atleast 1 round into the playoffs. Let's get real. And why do I see so many suggested picks on defense? I'd be shocked if the Browns don't use atleast both 1st round picks and their 2nd on offense. Possible even 2 receivers.

1. Marqise Lee, WR - USC

1. C.J. Mosley, LB - Alabama
2. A.J. McCarron, QB - Alabama
3. Justin Gilbert, CB - Oklahoma State
3. C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE - Iowa
4. Jack Mewhort, OT - Ohio State
4. Xavier Su'a-Filo, G - UCLA
5. Carlos Hyde, RB - Ohio State
6. Larry Webster, OLB - Bloomsburg
7. Demonte McAllister, DT - Florida State

Really like your write up, RD. Well written with plenty of well-reasoned depth... especially for as early as it is for such an effort.

Love your Bama conection. I still am not thrilled with DQ against the run and think AJ is a nice fit for a Defense oriented team.

After seeing him spin Roby like a top most of the nite, I fell in love with Jared Abbrederis (WR, Wisconsin). I know it's bad to fall in love with a player, but... JA is a nfldraftscout.com projected 3rd rounder at present, but stock is rising.

One area where I think it is time to spend a high pick on is interior line. "Common wisdom" 'round here is you don't spend a 1st on an OG. I think our 2nd #1 or our #2 goes there this year. There are five OG's in that range at present, with Gabe Jackson (Ms St.) squarely in the mix.

Evans has great speed for a guy that's 6'5", very good hands and I don't think he's as unpolished as you make him out to be. He's Johnny's bailout guy, and we've seen that all year, he goes up and gets all those terrible throws made by Manziel.

A lot of those "terrible throws" are by intent, if not design. Manziel trusts Evans to "rebound" them...

That said, at the next level it is not Evans' speed that will be in question, it's his agility.

first post on here, be easy! Would think the Browns take a QB in the first and would have to say I would also. Then look at maybe a WR or somebody on D. If we were to draft a QB im not a fan of the dual threat QBs, much rather a pocket passer, not clued in much for college football so who are the top Qbs?

Bridgewater

Boyd

McCaron

Hundley

Anybody else?

What are your thoughts on Manziel?

Welcome, Welsh... Stayed and played a round in your countrside a decade+ ago during the last Mad Cow scare...

We have a whole QB prospect thread here:

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26799

Bridgewater and Boyd will surely be gone...

I don't think McCarron is the answer, and Hundley, while terrific in college,

I don't know that he is the guy who has "it" and sees the field.

There's Mariota, who I would think fits the bill for the Browns,

and the kid from Miami. But it's so early, I can't bring myself to work up

a stupid mock draft right now. There's the kid from Stanford...but...

I think Mariota is the qb I'd draft with one of the two first round picks.

Manziel is too short for my liking, (by the way, I'm confused, some have Bridgewater at 6'3" and Boyd at 6'1",

some have them reversed I think...?) and his arm strength isn't all that. And, he's a nutjob. He doesn't fit

the Browns' lockerroom.

People are kidding themselves and are NCAA honks if they think that kid is gong 2nd round. I LOVE the fact he tells the NCAA to go fuck themselves I'll sign 7k autographs if I feel like it cause I got damn well earned it. That kid is Drew Brees with way more wheels and maybe even a stronger arm.

first post on here, be easy! Would think the Browns take a QB in the first and would have to say I would also. Then look at maybe a WR or somebody on D. If we were to draft a QB im not a fan of the dual threat QBs, much rather a pocket passer, not clued in much for college football so who are the top Qbs?

Bridgewater

Boyd

McCaron

Hundley

Anybody else?

Are you from Wales? Are you familiar with our Cotswald cronies?

Bridgewater

Boyd

McCaron

Hundley

Anybody else?

Greetings to you, Welshman! McCarron is one of most mediocre QBs in the draft. Mariota, Mettenberger, Manziel and Hogan will all be drafted before him. Maybe Murray and Carr, too.

Archived