THE BROWNS BOARD

Where are the End Arounds to Benjamin in This Offense?

Soju

I think we should utilize his speed and maximize it to the best of our ability. We have to use a little more trickery/gimmick plays, reverses, etc., with Weeden in there to take the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Not that he's terrible, but he is the top 5 worse in the league.

Benjamin should be doing ALL kick returns also. I believe he is over his muffed catches.

Fuck me but I agree with you. :D

What a shock. The further you read my posts the more you'll see I am a fan that strictly offers advice to make this team better and call out the things that need to be called out. I am an excellent poster.

What a shock. The further you read my posts the more you'll see I am a fan that strictly offers advice to make this team better and call out the things that need to be called out. I am an excellent poster.

lol

Jesus Christ....

What? I provide insight based on facts without the orange colored glasses afixed to my face.

Would you rather want a father who always said you are doing a good job like a liberal pansy teacher in today's American school who don't use red colored pens because it might offend the student, or be like a military drill instructor that gets the best out of his recruits?

I AM THE DRILL INSTRUCTOR, YOU ARE THE RECRUITS. Follow me and I'll steer this team philospohy into a winning culture and to an 11-5 season.

post-2966-0-02916900-1381110014_thumb.jpg

Soju might have delusions of grandeur but he is right about one thing... Teams don't get better by patting themselves on the back. Even when they win they hit the film an study their mistakes. I played 4 years OL/DL in high school and even at that level you are always pushing to get better, even after a win.

I think Benjamin ought to return everything as well. He's shown a special talent for it and the muffs will pass with repetition.

And the delusion continues.

You are, at best, a mediocre poster with an insufferable attitude and a superiority complex

I think we should utilize his speed and maximize it to the best of our ability. We have to use a little more trickery/gimmick plays, reverses, etc., with Weeden in there to take the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Not that he's terrible, but he is the top 5 worse in the league.

Benjamin should be doing ALL kick returns also. I believe he is over his muffed catches.

A good point, with valid insight...

...and back to business as usual.

What? I provide insight based on facts without the orange colored glasses afixed to my face.

Would you rather want a father who always said you are doing a good job like a liberal pansy teacher in today's American school who don't use red colored pens because it might offend the student, or be like a military drill instructor that gets the best out of his recruits?

I AM THE DRILL INSTRUCTOR, YOU ARE THE RECRUITS. Follow me and I'll steer this team philospohy into a winning culture and to an 11-5 season.

It's official you're going to be the next Stalin.

3px0s8.jpg

Dude... you realize you don't PLAY for the Browns right? You also don't make personnel decisions, you know that too right? Hopefully, you also understand the fact that you DO NOT COACH the Browns, right?

You are a FAN! That is all. Don't tell other fans that we need not be excited about wins, but need some type of "Fan Instruction" that will make the team better...

Do you realize how delusional that makes you sound?

Drink some beer, sit back in your armchair, and just watch the f***ing game!!! How's that for some fan drill instruction?

Ohh ya...

End arounds lead to big plays (10+ yds) maybe 1-10 times, at all levels of football. Probably less in the NFL... Why make a post about a play we'll probably run 3 times all season?

As far as kick returns... Who cares? We just need somebody back there that actually knows how to just take a knee...

One or at most two of those per game would be OK, though I don't think when you go back and look at Norv Turner's teams that you have ever seen them do a lot of end arounds. Did Michael Irvin ever do any?

And all I can say is that there must be a definite reason they don't use Benji on kickoff returns. OK, so, you don't use him.....still you gotta get someone that CAN do this job. And that ain't Little. I still think this Whittaker kid...if he get activated might be the solution...somewhat.

Based on what we saw on Thursday night. I'm fine with putting Rainey back there to just catch the ball and kneel down and start at the 20. Would be about a 10 yard field position improvement from what Little did the first two times.

Based on what we saw on Thursday night. I'm fine with putting Rainey back there to just catch the ball and kneel down and start at the 20. Would be about a 10 yard field position improvement from what Little did the first two times.

Do we even need anyone back there? Surely if it bounces in to the end zone it's a touchback, so start the guy on the 15 yard line :D

Do we even need anyone back there? Surely if it bounces in to the end zone it's a touchback, so start the guy on the 15 yard line :D

It's a live ball until the receiving team downs it in the end zone or it goes out of the end zone. So yes you would need someone back there to make sure it doesn't turn into a 70 yard onside kick.

I think Benjamin ought to return everything as well. He's shown a special talent for it and the muffs will pass with repetition.

I brought up the question in the tavern and the usual answer was that (Benji) was too little? I think he should be back there.

Yup... that would be me saying that...

Kick offs simply do not offer the broken field opportunities that punt returns do.

IMO for KO's you trade some speed/ elusiveness for tackle breaking ability, which I assume you'd agree that Benji does not have.

End arounds are the slowest developing plays in football, risk is much higher than the reward, regardless of how fast the guy running.

Having end arounds in game plan depend 100'% on the discipline of the "backside" DE and OLB. If they stay at home, as they should, then they do not work.

The next time we play a D where the backside chases, then odds are you'll see an end around. But will likely be Gordon, since Benji is not seeing much WR time. Hard to fool even undisciplined teams when you put in your "end-around-guy" in an unusual situation for him..

Friggin' hilareous...

Quick wide or bubble screens (the 40-yard play in the 1st quarter vs. Cincy) interest me more with Benjamin. Early success down the field with Gordon and Cameron can open up more cushion for Benjamin. They can be easy, rhythm-building throws for Weeds. They can also effectively be a running play considering our RBs. An end around (or more likely a jet sweep out of shotgun or WildDawg) is good to show once in a while.

Quick wide or bubble screens (the 40-yard play in the 1st quarter vs. Cincy) interest me more with Benjamin. Early success down the field with Gordon and Cameron can open up more cushion for Benjamin. They can be easy, rhythm-building throws for Weeds. They can also effectively be a running play considering our RBs. An end around (or more likely a jet sweep out of shotgun or WildDawg) is good to show once in a while.

Yea, the bubble screen does seem like a play very suitable to deploy Benjamin in. Good thinking Butch.

We can bust his balls all we want but on this one hes on the money. Honestly he not much more of a dick than most of us can be at times. Almost every poster here including myself can be an asshole at times. I was told when I was completely new thats the way of the board lol

We can bust his balls all we want but on this one hes on the money. Honestly he not much more of a dick than most of us can be at times. Almost every poster here including myself can be an asshole at times. I was told when I was completely new thats the way of the board lol

I'm not a dick, you're a dick, you faggot munching dick!!!!!!1111!!!!

Archived