THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeds getting one more week!

BrownsKidd

You don't need to watch a quarterback for 10 games to see how he plays. One will do, actually. Three? You pretty much know who he is at that point, whether it's green and confused... or decisive and comfortable playing the position. Hoyer very much looked that latter in three games and the last preseason game. He never looked anything but so it's pretty conclusive.

Yes, he's limited, as someone else put it. He's short-ish with a medium (but not weak) arm. But he's smart, mobile, reads defenses well, a natural leader, and very accurate (everything Colt McCoy isn't but keeps getting accused of anyway). He can start in this league. I don't know if he's going to get another shot next year (he turns 29) but he might while the rookie figures things out. Maybe until the bye unless he goes all Drew Brees.

I can't fathom why Weeden would be on anybody's roster. He's neither young nor polished. He's nothing you want.

I agree Shep. I think we keep Hoyer and start 2014 with him as QB while the 1st round draftee gets to absorb the NFL a bit.

I agree Shep. I think we keep Hoyer and start 2014 with him as QB while the 1st round draftee gets to absorb the NFL a bit.

That's the only way it makes sense. I wanted to smack bull today through the radio for saying that if the Browns draft a qb 1st round next year that he'll be the starter on opening day next year. Under no circumstances should that happen. Look we could have drafted Andrew Luck and he would have struggled, that's just the way it works here in Cleveland. Facts are facts. Couch probably would have had a nice career for himself somewhere else.To play qb in Cleveland your balls have to have been crafted on the temple mount. Just the way it is.

He's not? Is there a team in the NFL that would trade their current starter straight up for Weetarded? The Bills don't count because their 4th starting QB of the season now that Lewis is hurt and they've signed Flynn. Who else would trade their starter straight up for Weetarded? I'm going through all the teams in the league in my head and I can't think of one team that would make that trade. Jacksonville...maybe...but even that is a stretch.

Ponder and Gabbert- but taking in the age factor, I doubt it. Wee-done is at the apex of his (limited) talents. Those other two might actually improve.

Eli Manning is sucking right now, as is Carson Palmer- But they only got the Weester beat by a couple of years.

i think chud is starting to show the dumb ass that he looks like.

and where is turner in the second half of these games with his dynamic offensive play calling? seriously?

6 games winning at half time and lose half of them?

bad coaching in my eyes (minus stoopid QB play).

and if it easn't for brian hoyer making something out of norv's busted plays i think we'd be winless just like the gints.

You don't need to watch a quarterback for 10 games to see how he plays. One will do, actually. Three? You pretty much know who he is at that point, whether it's green and confused... or decisive and comfortable playing the position. Hoyer very much looked that latter in three games and the last preseason game. He never looked anything but so it's pretty conclusive.

Yes, he's limited, as someone else put it. He's short-ish with a medium (but not weak) arm. But he's smart, mobile, reads defenses well, a natural leader, and very accurate (everything Colt McCoy isn't but keeps getting accused of anyway). He can start in this league. I don't know if he's going to get another shot next year (he turns 29) but he might while the rookie figures things out. Maybe until the bye unless he goes all Drew Brees.

I can't fathom why Weeden would be on anybody's roster. He's neither young nor polished. He's nothing you want.

I'm not campaigning for Wheezy, but you probably would have traded Peyton Manning after his rookie season given his initial numbers.

Weeden is terrible. He's gonna make a big throw with that bazooka every once in a while, tantalize you like DA... but he blows. And I didn't hate the pick at the time.

It's not just numbers. I watched Manning plenty during his rookie year and no, I wouldn't have traded him. That was before rules changes and rookies putting up crazy efficiency numbers out of the gate. Same for John Elway, who didn't have great rookie numbers. They both clearly passed the eyeball test.

Weeds looks confused, scared, and slow, mentally. Physically, I think his ability to run has been vastly overrated. If he had a brain and knew what to do and when, his wheels are just fine. Certainly WAY better than Brees, Brady, or Manning.

Maybe CLE should invest in some Weed Whacker...

original.gif

What kills me is that Ogbonnaya was open for a few seconds with a chance to gain some yards with Weeden looking RIGHT AT HIM before he "threw" it. But it's really no use complaining. He's here for the rest of the year unless Hoyer learns to play on one leg.

What kills me is that Ogbonnaya was open for a few seconds with a chance to gain some yards with Weeden looking RIGHT AT HIM before he "threw" it. But it's really no use complaining. He's here for the rest of the year unless Hoyer learns to play on one leg.

He stated he was trying to throw it over bonny's head. I beleive that. I think he was getting chased and wanted to throw the ball out of bounds without cocking his arm back and risk the fumble. So I see what he was trying to do but it's simply inexcusable to try to lob the ball that far on 1st and 10. If he'd taken the sack we'd most likely be mad but more mad at the O line for letting every single player on the Lions front line into the backfield. Lost in all this is that Browns o line eats whole asshole. The whole thing. Just eats it. Yes a qb like Hoyer mitigates this fact with his quick reads but still how fucking terrible is that? We have to resort to 5-10 yd slants cause the O line can't give our qb more than 2-3 seconds to throw the ball? In weedens case it doesn't matter cause last year he was able to take a coffee break in the pocket before looking downfield. That's what makes me kind of mad about last year, we finally had an o line that could attract a really good FA qb. Instead we're back to having to look at qb's that can run like forest the instant containment breaks.

Archived