THE BROWNS BOARD

Jason Campbell Awesome Play Action

ITHIKA

I will take "average" and go 8-8 with a shot at the playoffs, all I want is it to be November and the Browns still be in the hunt, dont even care if we make it in, just be fucking relevant again

That's it. Just be relevant. Make the news for once. Give ESPN something to talk about. Be entertaining.

This is what we need. We need a QB to go in and do what a QB does. We don't need him making 20+ yard runs... or flip passes. It's those small things like selling the fake that can be a huge difference. Maybe Campbell can take this opportunity and just blow everyone away. Hoyer did... why not JC?

I will take "average" and go 8-8 with a shot at the playoffs, all I want is it to be November and the Browns still be in the hunt, dont even care if we make it in, just be fucking relevant again

We won't make the playoffs with 8-8 but we may be relevant and entertaining the rest of the season

That's it. Just be relevant. Make the news for once. Give ESPN something to talk about. Be entertaining.

On ESPN's NFL Live yesterday Herm Edwards gave us some props; said we have a top ten defense and all we need is a quarterback who doesn't lose games for us to be competitive. Everyone agreed it was a positive move to bench Weeden and start Campbell. They showed Weeden's highlights of the flip handed pass two games in a row and missing wide open receivers by a mile.

What I've seen from watching jc's highlights are a few things. He can throw quick bible screens to wrs and slip screens to rbs. He has good deep ball accuracy and throws well on the naked bootleg. With that being said, I don't expect him to be as good as Hoyer. But he'll be far superior to weeden. I see Cameron having a huge day as well. In all the footage I watched of jc, Cooley in wash and miller in oak were his fav targets.

What I've seen from watching jc's highlights are a few things. He can throw quick bible screens to wrs and slip screens to rbs. He has good deep ball accuracy and throws well on the naked bootleg. With that being said, I don't expect him to be as good as Hoyer. But he'll be far superior to weeden. I see Cameron having a huge day as well. In all the footage I watched of jc, Cooley in wash and miller in oak were his fav targets.

Go ahead internet - make your jokes! I'll start with:

Hopefully the KC defense parts like the Red Sea on Sunday.

Camphell is a POS QB..expect more of the same...

That's a little extreme...

He's gonna add a different wrinkle to the offense. Keeping him upright will be a challenge.

He does bring the chance of hope which flipped its way out of town last week.

I have to chuckle at the title of this thread though..

I'm not expecting much. I think the main reason why they had to bench weeden is cause of that KC passrush. The benching of weeden say's more about the faith the staff has in the o line more than it does about either qb. JC has a chance to evade the rush for a second or two and maybe make a play downfield....weeden has no shot. Hali and Houston may have had 3-5 sacks each if weedens in the game. I know JT would have been able to hold one of em off but the pressure from the right would have made weeden spill into JT's man every time. KC seems to do that well, they look like they over pursued but they dig in and cut down the lane "real" quick.

it is when its done right. only a handful of qb's sell it well these days in the 80s most did.

Yup... nearly lost art. Only the top QBs "sell it" these days.

I think Brady is the best today.

Sipe was damn good... maybe the best Browns' QB...

Best ever? Maybe Stabler.... tough call...

Let's not give up totally on JC. After all, he was the NFL Player of the Week (Week 5, 2007)

Spewed on my screen... LMAO...

Yup... nearly lost art. Only the top QBs "sell it" these days.

I think Brady is the best today.

Sipe was damn good... maybe the best Browns' QB...

Best ever? Maybe Stabler.... tough call...

Spewed on my screen... LMAO...

Rodgers is very good at it.

Boomer was indeed...

Another that just came to mind was Steve DeBerg. I think he led the league in faked out camera men a couple years.

Archived