THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer

Westside Steve

Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

WSS

I've seen mocks with us taking McCarron with Indy's pick. I'm fine with that.

I'd honestly rather mccarron than any of shep's sexy pics. The only two QBs I'm really interested in are mccarron and manziel and I'm on the fence on manziel. The others I think of as fad picks.

Yep. I don't think any are worth a trade up.I do trust our folks to get the right guy, but I'm hoping for Hoyer to have a complete recovery. I could live very well with a Hoyer & McCarron duo. Manziel bothers me somewhat, but DAMN, that kid makes stuff happen!

We'll see............

Mike

Mike Peen and Cal are correct.

I have no idea if Mccarron is the guy but as I've said before just because you draft a guy in the top 5 doesn't mean he's a world class quarterback.

And be realistic. If we draft a guy really really high Hoyer will not have a fair shot at the starting job.

Those decisions are only made on the field of play, not in practice.

WSS

Agree 1000%

Let's roll with Hoyer...Shore up LB and secondary with those pics..BUT...Snag a good WR if one is there by draft or FA....Let's do this Cleveland!!!!!

Is an all A&M 1st round feasible?....Evans & Manziel?

It's fun watching all these guys, but we'll just have to wait & see what REALLY happens.

Mike

Both the Hoyer and Campbell insertions have clearly shown that even an average QB can elevate this team. Not sure who will pan out, but the hyped QB class of 2013 has bust written ALL over it.

I personally don't have the time to watch all the college games, but the one's I have watched haven't impressed me that much. Most of these guys are throwing to wide open receivers. Who among them is throwing BEFORE they are open? That is the guy I want. That is what is required to succeed in the NFL, you must anticipate the break and throw to the spot. Who is doing this the best at the college level right now?

I notice that when the defense steps up your chances of winning improve greatly as well.

WSS

Possibly they feed of the success of the O? I think they did yesterday at any rate. I am not going to say Bess lost the game, but his tragic play was hard to overcome that late in the game.

Possibly they feed of the success of the O? I think they did yesterday at any rate. I am not going to say Bess lost the game, but his tragic play was hard to overcome that late in the game.

Possible? Sure but that's their job whether or not theyre inspired.

I think that it may be that Kansas City has been over rated all season and lucky to be eight and 0.

Probably we should have beaten the fuckers.

Good that we held them to field goals when we did but not necessarily good to let them march down the field as often as they did.

WSS

Possible? Sure but that's their job whether or not theyre inspired.

I think that it may be that Kansas City has been over rated all season and lucky to be eight and 0.

Probably we should have beaten the fuckers.

Good that we held them to field goals when we did but not necessarily good to let them march down the field as often as they did.

WSS

It was a bit reminiscent of Dick Jauron's bend-not-break defence, not the aggressive, turnover causing D we were told to expect from Ray Horton.

Did today just prove that Hoyer isn't necessarily that great, but that any decent thinking QB can have success in our system?

On part one... I don't think so.

I never felt the energy in Campbell Offense that I did during Hoyer time. Execution seemed to be much crisper under Hoyer.

As for part two...

Success?

I really enjoyed Hoyer. I thought it might be the story of this season, the thing that made it fun and special. What a shitty thing to happen. I like so much about him: Decisive, mobile, quick release, underrated arm, teammates dig him.

Upside: He'll be a Brown next year. He'll rehab, compete, etc. I think he felt the love and his brief experience will make him even more confident. He can be a good quarterback in this league.

Downside: He turns 29 in October, he's coming off major knee surgery, and he has like 4 starts in his life. There's not a chance in hell that the Browns will take a pass on drafting a quarterback in the top 10-ish.

BUT... maybe Hoyer pulls a Brees. Maybe he keeps Manziel on the bench (or whoever).

On part one... I don't think so.

I never felt the energy in Campbell Offense that I did during Hoyer time. Execution seemed to be much crisper under Hoyer.

As for part two...

Success?

Success in the sense that it wasn't his fault we lost.

That's success in Cleveland, as of late. It's quite sad.

Yup...

Downside: He turns 29 in October, he's coming off major knee surgery, and he has like 4 starts in his life.

Somehow his age would make his success all the sweeter...

And it would allow us to "raise" his replacement.

Was Aaron Rodgers the last successful QB to sit and learn for at least a full season? Seems like sink or swim in the deep end is much more prevalent now than it used to be.

Yup...

Was Aaron Rodgers the last successful QB to sit and learn for at least a full season? Seems like sink or swim in the deep end is much more prevalent now than it used to be.

I don't like it one bit. Rookie QB should get 1 year minimum to sit and learn. The speed of the game from CFB to NFL doesn't compare and most people don't understand that.

He's just right for that role. Stop making me agree with you all the time.

I think we're drafting Manziel.

Yup...

Archived