THE BROWNS BOARD

What the Hell Got Into Greg Little?

bonedawg

Little was playing like a man possessed today. Sure, he got those two stupid-ass penalties, but he got them because he was fired up. I don't know who lit a firecracker in his ass, but if he can play with that level of intensity week in and week out, he will be one of the better WRs in this league. Good to see him acting like he gave a damn out there today. Nice redemption of Bess as well. The real pisser is, even if we forget about Hoyer, if Campbell would have started every game for us this year, we'd be challenging the Bungles for the division lead and be talking about playoffs...fucking Weeden.

Great to see little catch and carry the rock like he did. Instead of being pissed at Weeded, be pissed at the coaching staff for seeing something in Weeden that somehow made them think that the Brandy could play QB in this league. We have seen 2 QB's play the position as it should and somehow Weeden started weeks 1 and 2. The only thing I can think of is that they were respecting the draft pick.. that's the only thing I can think of.

The first penalty was obviously an easy call because you can't throw the dudes helmet but it was damn funny. I think he got jobbed on the 2nd call. There was a ton of taunting and trash talking going back and forth between the two guys after that play.

if he keeps his head on straight and is committed to upgrading his game by working out more, staying late watching films and just becoming a sponge to soak all the football knowledge the coaches can give him, he'd be a legit #2, if not borderline #1.

In the post game presser, Cambpell said he told Little it was his week, Because the ratbirds would double Cameron and Gordon all game

The first penalty was obviously an easy call because you can't throw the dudes helmet but it was damn funny. I think he got jobbed on the 2nd call. There was a ton of taunting and trash talking going back and forth between the two guys after that play.

It was using his hands to taunt the DB that got him flagged. I'm all for getting fired up in a game but he's gotta cut that shit out. Fortunately that didn't burn us but it easily could have. You can trash talk in the game and not get a penalty easily. There's no excuse for the two penalties he got because they're going to throw the flag every time.

A little Too Much attitude for me. You better catch 7 balls for 122 yds if you're going to cost the team 30 yards by being an idiot. If this guy could just catch the damn ball, get back to the huddle, and do it again I'd like him much more than acting like an idiot every time he catches it.

Having said that, he sure had one hell of a game... I'd like to see that a little more consistently...

A little Too Much attitude for me. You better catch 7 balls for 122 yds if you're going to cost the team 30 yards by being an idiot. If this guy could just catch the damn ball, get back to the huddle, and do it again I'd like him much more than acting like an idiot every time he catches it.

Having said that, he sure had one hell of a game... I'd like to see that a little more consistently...

This^ except I love the attitude....Just be smart about it and keep it between the whistles.

I like his badass attitude, goes with his running back build. He took on that corner after the long run. Kid has loads of talent and did NOT have a hands problem in college. If we can show some patience with him, we might have the WR trio we dreamed of in preseason. Just like we now have the OL we thought we had (again... it was the QB!).

There is a difference between a badass attitude and a dumbass attitude. I do think he got screwed on the second call for sure. The first call was pure dumbass on his part. As long as other teams know he will react like that they will continue to get those penalties from him. The second he has a few good catches he seems to throw humility out the window and go back to thinking he is gods gift to the NFL.

Little has flashed the potential to be a strong 1B to Gordon's 1A before. Maybe it'll stick this time. But we should not have to choose between his Dropsie and his Self-centered personna.

We have seen 2 QB's play the position as it should and somehow Weeden started weeks 1 and 2. The only thing I can think of is that they were respecting the draft pick.. that's the only thing I can think of.

Just as there are range masters in golf, there are practice players in football. I'm guessing Wheezy is one.

Makes all the right reads in the video room...

Makes all the right throws on the practice field...

Can't put either talent on the field in a game.

There is a difference between a badass attitude and a dumbass attitude. I do think he got screwed on the second call for sure. The first call was pure dumbass on his part. As long as other teams know he will react like that they will continue to get those penalties from him. The second he has a few good catches he seems to throw humility out the window and go back to thinking he is gods gift to the NFL.

Not sure whether you can call a reaction to being choked to death dumbassed. The officials should use replay for those instances too as it was clearly visible to me at home.

I could only listen to the game,

but what happened on the penalty against a Bmore player for throwing Little to the ground for unecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter?

Was Little gettin into guys' heads? That could help too?

Nah that was kind of a bad call also. The ball was thrown Littles way but he didn't catch it, the defender pulled him down from behind. There was a delay on the tackle which is what drew the call but he couldn't see if Little had the ball.

I have no problem with that big shoulder chip. Chud needs to cultivate that chip mentality across the board. Put the league on notice that the Browns are back and they can and will kick your ass if you take them lightly. drinks all around!!!!

Nah that was kind of a bad call also. The ball was thrown Littles way but he didn't catch it, the defender pulled him down from behind. There was a delay on the tackle which is what drew the call but he couldn't see if Little had the ball.

It wasn't a bad call. No matter if the player has the ball or not he cannot be picked up and slammed to the ground. It was one of the new "points of emphasis" rules put in place by the league this year.

If he had caught it and the same tackle occurred, the penalty would still be called.

I'm not going to fault him on either penalty and this is why.

1) It wasn't stupid crab like punting the ball like he used to do.

2) The first call should be have been offsetting. The other guy took him to the ground and started to choke him.

3) That is borderline taunting at best considering what I saw through the whole game from both sides.

It wasn't a bad call. No matter if the player has the ball or not he cannot be picked up and slammed to the ground. It was one of the new "points of emphasis" rules put in place by the league this year.

If he had caught it and the same tackle occurred, the penalty would still be called.

I didn't think he picked him up and slammed him....looked more like he whipped and swung him down....I could be wrong because I missed the play and only saw the replay.

I didn't think he picked him up and slammed him....looked more like he whipped and swung him down....I could be wrong because I missed the play and only saw the replay.

He clearly picked him up and body slammed him. I've read two different people talking about the penalty and both said the same thing. If he had the ball or not, it's a penalty either way this year.

Archived