THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Draft, Quarterbacks, November Edition

Shep

I'd like to get some clarity on Hundley's, uh... clarity of mind. I read one blurb that said his intelligence is in question, then saw him interviewed and he seems like a very sharp guy. He has a lot of Cam Newton to him, without the diva personality.

Watching him a lot, it is irritating that one day he looks like a possible top 2 or 3 pick... another you see him early in round 2 and think he's "raw."

He's way too inconsistent. Browns FO better stay away.

I've said it before & I'll say it again...There isn't a slam dunk number ONE QB in this draft & I just hope & pray we don't trade up to take one of 'em.

I'll trust this FO to use our picks wisely.

Mike

"That link has us taking Sammy Watkins and a running back. Maybe they've watched Campbell the past two weeks."

Remember the 'good old days', Zombo, when Browns fans actually talked about THE CURRENT NFL season rather than the 'what ifs' down the road?

It's been a long, long time and dozens of top of the draft picks have been flushed down the toilet.

What is the curse and why was it administered?

Just watched Alo's cut-up of Carr V. Wyoming at Draft Breakdown. A few things:

1. Very quick release, throws with serious RPMs. Spins it.

2. 3/4 release, similar to a lot of NFL QBs.

3. VERY athletic and nimble, throws great on the run.

4. Keeps plays alive and eyes downfield.

He can absolutely run some RO for Chud. I think he's my favorite right now (among the guys we can get to). He's kind of a bigger, faster, stronger-armed Brian Hoyer, but some of what he does looks similar. They'd go well together as mentor and protege', I think.

"That link has us taking Sammy Watkins and a running back. Maybe they've watched Campbell the past two weeks."

Remember the 'good old days', Zombo, when Browns fans actually talked about THE CURRENT NFL season rather than the 'what ifs' down the road?

It's been a long, long time and dozens of top of the draft picks have been flushed down the toilet.

What is the curse and why was it administered?

Good to see you peeking your head in, Professor.

We are 1/3 of the way to removing said curse.

We beat Baltimore.

Now if we beat Cincy and Pittsburgh we will be in first place at 6-5 we will roll.

I've always said we need to draft smarter, not higher.

Winning breeds winning.

I think this admin gets it, Johnny, stay tuned ...

Zombo

I think it's possible to talk about the current season and upcoming game against the Bengals... and imagine what we'll do in an offseason so loaded with draft picks and cash. Hell, it's fun to look even farther down the line, with new uniforms and a legit franchise quarterback playing in an overhauled stadium. Free agents who put the Browns at the top of their list.

We might get to enjoy a long run of Browns success. Damn. I shouldn't have written that.

Fresh CBS mocks, both guys have Johnny going 5th to the Vikings. He's rocketing up. One has Carr to the Browns, another has them waiting until 25 to take Mettenberger (wouldn't love that). Both have the Browns taking a QB and WR in round one. Both have Carr in round one now.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson could be a good picks.

Does the David Carr experience put anyone off of the potential of going for Derek Carr? (These guys must be at least 12 years apart in age.)

If Buffalo needs an OLB, then Khalil Mack would be a natural for them. IMO Browns could use an ILB....but apparently none are rated high enough to go first round?

Not amongst the Sr's so depends on which ILBs declare, GIP.

Tennesee's A.J. Johnson is a highly regarded Jr. He's 6'2 - 243 and 4.8-ish fast.

As for Carr... no, being David's little bro doesn't DQ him. David actually had a chance to be a good NFL QB, but he was so sorely abused behind the expansion Texans' porous O-line.

What should at least should give folks pause on Derek is that he posts big numbers against weak competition. Against quality teams he's like 0 for his career. Much was made of his beating Boise St. for the first time this year. Of course it turns out Boise St. (6-3) has slumped a little in 2013.

I've only seen one of his games this year, the Boise St. victory. He has a chance of being good, but is still an undisciplined wild card. I need to see more of him.

Archived