THE BROWNS BOARD

Big announcement at 2 PM

Tim Couch Pulls Out

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/browns-to-unveil-plans-for-firstenergy-stadium-during-news-conference-this-afternoon-1.444426

Browns to unveil plans for FirstEnergy Stadium during news conference this afternoon
By Nate Ulrich Published: November 13, 2013

The Browns will unveil their plans for FirstEnergy Stadium during a news conference at the stadium at about 2:15 p.m. today, the team announced this morning.

The Browns have been working on renovation plans for FirstEnergy Stadium, and the NFL approved $62.5 million in funding for such improvements in October when the owners met in Washington.

Browns CEO Joe Banner said in July that the renovation project, which could cost about $120 million, would likely unfold in two phases during the next two offseasons.

A year ago, Banner indicated the installation of new scoreboards and sound systems were part of the plan.

“Clearly in the area of technology as it relates to scoreboards and sound systems, things have advanced so far from when these systems came from,” Banner said. “I don’t want to prejudge anything, but it’s inconceivable we won’t be making some very dramatic changes there.”

FirstEnergy Stadium, formerly known as Cleveland Browns Stadium, opened in 1999 and seats more than 73,200.

i don't mind the new color tweaks with the new numbers embroidered with colored edges, logo patches on the jersey, no probs. wider to narrow stripes on the helmet, no probs, even a flat paint job on the helmet for different games.

but a logo on the helmet will NEVER happen. and the basic colors that we start tweaking (from the seal brown fading to a darker or lighter brown) same with orange will NEVER change.

so what i described won't piss me off. it might piss those off that want fuscia and teal added to the uniforms.

i don't mind the new color tweaks with the new numbers embroidered with colored edges, logo patches on the jersey, no probs. wider to narrow stripes on the helmet, no probs, even a flat paint job on the helmet for different games.

but a logo on the helmet will NEVER happen. and the basic colors that we start tweaking (from the seal brown fading to a darker or lighter brown) same with orange will NEVER change.

so what i described won't piss me off. it might piss those off that want fuscia and teal added to the uniforms.

I don't think anyone is advocating adding tael or fuschia.

I, too, want what you described. I want the overall look of the jerseys to stay the same, but modernized. I don't think we need any sort of drastic changes whatsoever. I believe that a jersey similar to Seattle's would be nice, with the orange used as an accent color on larger, more modern numbers.

I think changing the helmet stripe minimally would go a long way. I'd personally like to see them emulate what OSU has done, widening the middle stripe, making the middle stripe metallic while the outside stripes are matte.

We do not need a logo on the helmet. Our helmet stripe IS the logo. It's the focal point of the helmet and is easily recognizable. Accentuating that is all we need.

The brass has said over and over that the helmet won't have a logo, even if the team does (and it's rumored to be the brownie). They've also said that "The Browns" will obviously continue to feature brown as the primary color. In fact, they've said the color scheme (brown, orange, white) will remain the same.

It'll be about design. We've seen some really cool stuff. If you really want the Browns to be just like always, Marion Motley wore a white helmet, not an orange one. Sipe wore orange pants while Hoyer wore brown. The shade of brown has changed a dozen times. The stripes have changed even more.

The notion that we've always worn the same uniform is wrong.

I dont mind uniform mods just so we dont have that stupid hillbilly look ,like the titans or stupid gawdiness like the shehawks

What does this mean.....

"Currently, we have the lowest percentage of seating in the lower bowl than any stadium in the country," Banner said. ". . . Some of the upper-bowl seats will become lower-bowl seats."

They will charge you more money for the same seat? Also it looks like they are adding a lot more add space....

Anyone else a little annoyed at the added fans in the pictures showing the future renovations? It made it a lot harder to actually see the changes to the lower sections rather than saying "oh, hey, this new picture looks pretty".

What does this mean.....

"Currently, we have the lowest percentage of seating in the lower bowl than any stadium in the country," Banner said. ". . . Some of the upper-bowl seats will become lower-bowl seats."

It means they're going to take about 10-15 rows of upper bowl, strategically demolish them, and add them to the lower bowl. It's not a tough job, if it's done right.

It's similar to what Oakland does on a regular basis, but much more permanent.

What I see, primarily, is that they are taking away those 3000 seats in order to construct more billboard space for advertisements in their place. Perhaps, yes, the scoreboard will be enlarged.....but the ad space will be increased by a far greater degree.

I mean, this is just a fucking Peggy Lee announcement: "Is that all there is"?

What I see, primarily, is that they are taking away those 3000 seats in order to construct more billboard space for advertisements in their place. Perhaps, yes, the scoreboard will be enlarged.....but the ad space will be increased by a far greater degree.

I mean, this is just a fucking Peggy Lee announcement: "Is that all there is"?

There's no perhaps. Each endzone scoreboard will be tripled in sized, plus the addition of new LED video boards and video strips.

http://www.firstenergystadiumproject.com/#about

The renderings and comparisons are pretty neat. It makes you realize just how antiquated our 15 year old stadium actually is.

There's no perhaps. Each endzone scoreboard will be tripled in sized, plus the addition of new LED video boards and video strips.

Yea, all to be used primarily for more advertising.

The renderings and comparisons are pretty neat. It makes you realize just how antiquated our 15 year old stadium actually is.

Yea, all to be used primarily for more advertising.

And this surprises you?

And this surprises you?

If they triple the size of the video scoreboard so that replays, highlights etc. can be seen much better, then I guess it is a fair trade if they also use those boards to show ads during down times......and, hopefully.....it is that ad revenue that pays for the improvements. And not the ticket buyers/taxpayers.

If they triple the size of the video scoreboard so that replays, highlights etc. can be seen much better, then I guess it is a fair trade if they also use those boards to show ads during down times......and, hopefully.....it is that ad revenue that pays for the improvements. And not the ticket buyers/taxpayers.

Unfortunately, it's going to come out of the taxpayers and ticket holders pockets up front. I would expect a fair price hike for the foreseeable future.

I'd be willing to pay an extra 20 dollars per game if it meant we'd have a contending team and a nice stadium. I think that's a fair trade.

Unfortunately, it's going to come out of the taxpayers and ticket holders pockets up front. I would expect a fair price hike for the foreseeable future.

I'd be willing to pay an extra 20 dollars per game if it meant we'd have a contending team and a nice stadium. I think that's a fair trade.

The stadium isn't going to change that much.....I mean, your seat is not going to be wider, longer, softer. The vid vid video might improve.

The beer won't be better, or cheaper.

Let's put it this way.....it still can't match my sofa and fridge.

And Sherrod Brown is probably going to push a bill that since so much taxpayer money is being used for these private businesses, then the blackout rules are going to have to be eliminated, and that all games must be broadcast regardless of the sellout status.

Archived