THE BROWNS BOARD

weedens quote

browni8878

when asked about the booing weeden said quote "you just have to laugh at it". How about we laugh at your 13-30, pick six, fumble lost performance, you piece of shit. That's all you can say. How about saying "sorry i fucked your season up". Get this guy off the team, Try marquis gray at qb next week. Try not passing 50+ times a game. obi with a nice 6.5 ypc. but i guess he cant hang on to the rock.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331124005 (weedens quote here)

I forget exactly who it was that did this but as far as I'm concerned I have no problem with the player walking off the field giving the fans the finger.

And to the same crew that cheers when a player is hurt.

WSS

It literally was me who make Jake Plummer flip the fans (me) off in Denver. I ruined his career. Sorry Jake I was drunk.

when asked about the booing weeden said quote "you just have to laugh at it". How about we laugh at your 13-30, pick six, fumble lost performance, you piece of shit. That's all you can say. How about saying "sorry i fucked your season up". Get this guy off the team, Try marquis gray at qb next week. Try not passing 50+ times a game. obi with a nice 6.5 ypc. but i guess he cant hang on to the rock.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331124005 (weedens quote here)

Or we can ask ourselves why couldn't our defense even put pressure on Raplesburger more than twice, with him being sacked 4th most in the NFL. I'm not defending Weeden's play, but there is more than the fair share of blame all around. How the hell does Hadden get beat like that? Why did we stop blitzing? Etc.

Weeden was put in and did what he did. He didn't lose the game. Our Defense sucked. Our offense sucked. The team sucked.

That is all true BUT it would be nice if Weeden occasionally acted like it mattered and that he realized how badly he and the team were letting down the fans who PAY him.

Weeden came in and did no better or worse than campbell. Well, OK, slightly worse. But given that Campbell was having another poor, checkdown filled game, that's not a good thing.

Ya, but the difference is Campbell was obviously playing hurt for the last few weeks... Anytime the guy even got touched he was riving in pain... How bad does the back up have to be when the coach would let a guy that was probably less than 50% play over him...

Weeden comes in and throws the ball all over the place... The worst of many was Bess wide open and he has to dive to make a catch and lands a yard shy of a first down, chucks a pick 6. Then acts like he doesn't even care. He's a pile of worthless crap. He really has zero upside. Worst 1st round pick in NFL history.

Ya, but the difference is Campbell was obviously playing hurt for the last few weeks... Anytime the guy even got touched he was riving in pain... How bad does the back up have to be when the coach would let a guy that was probably less than 50% play over him...

Weeden comes in and throws the ball all over the place... The worst of many was Bess wide open and he has to dive to make a catch and lands a yard shy of a first down, chucks a pick 6. Then acts like he doesn't even care. He's a pile of worthless crap. He really has zero upside. Worst 1st round pick in NFL history.

Well I think he cares, but the fact of the matter is he's just an awful QB. He won't be on the squad next year but you can't blame for where he was drafted. I'll give the guy credit, at least he's not being a total a-hole about it. Also, Jamarcus Russell will always be the worst 1st round pick in NFL history. Again, at least Weeden shows up in game shape and isn't out making purple drank.

Do you honestly expect a professional athlete to be worked up because the fans of the garbage team he plays for don't like him?

No, he should not be worked up because the fans of the team he plays for don't like him. He should be worked up because of the reasons those fans don't like him.....and he should be worked up because if the team he plays for is garbage....then the majority of the burden for that team being garbage falls on his shoulders. He should be worked up because of his own poor play and performance. The fans here just didn't decide to not like him....on the contrary, the fans here were all ready to fully be on his bandwagon after a very good preseason performance. But when the bright lights went on, he has completely choked....and he should be fully cognizant of it.

For him to not care about that....for him to just act mercenary and say "WTF...just give me my paycheck". Well, that is a guy that soon will not be receiving any further paychecks..

It's not his fault that the Browns picked him, it's not his fault that Browns fans continue to believe that the crap product on the field "this year" is going to be good despite the running decades-long proof to the contrary.

No, it is not his fault that the Browns picked him. But it is his fault that he sucks so bad. And if the fans believed that "this year the Browns are going to be good" it is because we believed in his potential....and he and only he turned that faith and belief into disillusionment.

The first part of the quote didn't annoy me, but the full quote kind of did.

“You’ve just gotta laugh at it,” Weeden said. “All you can do is march down the field and throw a touchdown. I didn’t hear any boos after I threw that touchdown.” http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/marla-ridenour-browns-factory-of-sadness-keeps-churning-out-disappointment-1.447346

I could have been really drunk in the 4th quarter, but I don't remember scoring a TD till garbage time.

Do you honestly expect a professional athlete to be worked up because the fans of the garbage team he plays for don't like him? It's not his fault that the Browns picked him, it's not his fault that Browns fans continue to believe that the crap product on the field "this year" is going to be good despite the running decades-long proof to the contrary.

Yes I as a fan expect him to get worked up, and bring his fuckn' A game, because we as fans buying tickets are paying his fuckin' salary!

If you were hired, and payed a ton of money, to be a logical well spoken representative, despite tons of evidence that you are a self serving, gumm-flappping, wind-bag.....would it be your fault when reality came to the surface?

Actually, I AM hired.....to be both on occasion. When I am able to present a logical argument....when the facts and the law are on my side I can and do present them in a very cogent fashion......But, when the logic, the facts and the law are against me then perhaps I do have to come off with some gum-flapping windbaggery.

But, you see, in my case I do not control those facts and arguments. I deal with what I have to deal with and try to make the most of it.

In Weeden's case, HE controls the facts and arguments. He controls the ball.....and should control it such that it he does not fumble it....or throw an interception....and hit an open receiver.

He did an outstanding job of it on the one drive, but otherwise? No. Why can't he bottle what he had in that drive and drink from that elixir all the time?

What if what you are seeing"is" his A game?

I think our front office is convinced that you are right. And that is why he probably will not be here beyond this season.

What is hair pulling is, as I said above....he has shown traces of brilliance. He is like a rollercoaster....very high highs, very low lows, but the lows are much more frequent these days than the highs.

As an attorney, you work to make the most money you can for your firm....no more, no less; in a system that is a complete and total cluster f***. That can't be compared to making split-second decisions under duress.

Well, I AM my firm....so I am free to figure out however I want to make my money.

But, I think as a general rule you would be wrong. I only do litigation occasionally now....but I can tell you that handling a trial is no less of a situation of duress and subject to split second decision making than playing Quarterback would be. Its just that often in a trial the stakes are much more consequential than they are in a football game.

I mean, just go ask any trial lawyer you know.

As an attorney, you work to make the most money you can for your firm....no more, no less; in a system that is a complete and total cluster f***. That can't be compared to making split-second decisions under duress.

That may be true, and probably is, but that doesn't make him a bad human being. He can only do what he can do.

Well... I never said he was a bad human being. But he does suck as a QB, and is clearly out of his league.

As a Browns fan, you are not able to see what most people can easily see. Every mediocre QB in the NFL can show sparks of brilliance but the difference is that you see that spark and you are sold that he is great. Most of you guys simply don't have the ability to sit back and watch for a while before you base your very soul on the guys ability to bring you something you have so desperately wanted for 50 years.

I don't think that has anything to do with being a Browns fan. It has to do with being the fan of a team that just can't get a decent QB playing for them. (there are any number of other teams out there in the same boat)

In other words, we are in the same position that Steeler fans were in between having Terry Bradshaw and BR play for you.

I mean, you brought out your string of Mark Malone's, Bubby Bristers, Kordell Stewarts, Neil O'Donnells, Tommy Maddoxes, over a 20 year period.

While we had a Bernie Kosar taking the Browns to AFC title games, you had that pile of muck.

Sure, you have been lucky that you have had "the guy" for the past decade.

But once BR is gone, you never know, you may go back to the Bubby's for another 20 years.

We have had that kind of bad run here.

I agree, and all I'm saying is that your anger should be at your team for taking him where they did. He is what he is and that's why there really wasn't much interest in him by anyone but the Browns.

Oh you bet your ass I'm angry at the Browns for drafting him where they did. IMO when the new owner took over, I believe it is a big reason why they didn't keep fat ass! When you draft an almost 30 year old rookie, it damn well better be a home run, because anything less is a terminable offense! As for this new regime, they had an opportunity to make a splash in free agency and grab Alex Smith and hire a credible coach like Andy Reid, and they didn't do so! Now nothing against Chud, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I need to see a little bit more out of the coach, in regards to intensity and lighting a fire under the asses of these players!

What didn't you see from the guy when he was playing college football that would make you wonder if he would be able to play in the pros?

He has a rocket for an arm Kicked ass in college and was a powerful and accurate passer. It just didn't translate when he got into the motion and speed of the actual NFL.

I hear people bellyaching that he throws the ball too hard. Well tough shit. If you are a professional receiver you should know the difference between the speeds that different quarterbacks throw.

Either that or you shouldn't be playing professional football.

Perhaps that is mitigated by the fact that they practice with different guys every 15 minutes and don't get used to anyone's style.

WSS

Weeden is our third quarterback this year. He's the only one we got left, and we're not contending for anything.

Under those circumstances fans should support him when he comes in. Signing a 4th QB in week 13 is not going bring us a playoff appearance ;-).

As a Browns fan, you are not able to see what most people can easily see. Every mediocre QB in the NFL can show sparks of brilliance but the difference is that you see that spark and you are sold that he is great. Most of you guys simply don't have the ability to sit back and watch for a while before you base your very soul on the guys ability to bring you something you have so desperately wanted for 50 years.

There was a reason Weeden got booed- most of the fans know he's terrible.

All somewhat true, except you failed to recognize the original point. We Steeler fans understand that when we get the latest in a string of mediocre QB's, we don't instantly expect that mediocre QB to take us to the promised land, predict idiotic things, and then get ridiculously upset when it doesn't happen.

We understand that with a bad or even average QB, the odds are not good that the team will go all the way, however, due to a solid organization behind that average QB, it does occasionally happen........like with Neil ODonnell and Kordell Stewart.

And Oh By The Way......it's not luck. Which is why the Steelers have been the best of the best under the Rooneys and why the Browns have been the worst of the worst under blah blah blah.

We were hoping that after a pretty good preseason, and in an offense that was tailored to his strengths- Weeden would drastically improve his second year. He not only didn't improve- he seriously regressed. He is what he is- and I'd lay some serious money he won't be on the Browns next season.

Oh, I know darn well what a great qb looks like- spent most of Sunday night watching the Patriots- Broncos game. Manning and Brady are in another universe talent wise than what the Browns have at quarterback with Weeden. Even Campbell is just a mere journeyman- and he showed it before he got hurt.

The first part of the quote didn't annoy me, but the full quote kind of did.

Youve just gotta laugh at it, Weeden said. All you can do is march down the field and throw a touchdown. I didnt hear any boos after I threw that touchdown. http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/marla-ridenour-browns-factory-of-sadness-keeps-churning-out-disappointment-1.447346

I could have been really drunk in the 4th quarter, but I don't remember scoring a TD till garbage time.

He didn't hear boos because everyone had already left.

They left because his shit performance, and they won't come back until he's gone.

Brandon Weeden is literally the worst quarterback the Browns have ever had.

Did you mean writhing? I don't usually point out spelling errors because no one is writing term papers here, but that is egregious. Rive means to split apart violently as in, "The Browns locker room was riven with strife after getting their asses blown off by the Steelers." If you meant rive, my apologies.

Now on to Wheezy, I believe he was trying to say that you can't get caught up on mistakes you make, and that you just have to move on to the next play. Except he chose to express it with the cliche of "laugh it off and move on." QBs have to have short memories to keep their head in the game, but smart ones don't tell the media that they laugh at their mistakes like its some big joke. Fans don't want to hear that shit. Luckily for Weeden, he won't have to worry about laughing off mistakes much longer unless it includes dropping the clipboard on the sidelines. I don't even want him as a QB2, because that means he still has a chance to hit the field in a Browns uniform. I'd say trade him in the off-season, but I don't know what team would offer anything in return outside a bunch of practice squad scrubs.

He didn't hear boos because everyone had already left.

They left because his shit performance, and they won't come back until he's gone.

Brandon Weeden is literally the worst quarterback the Browns have ever had.

Disagree on that. I would say Brady Queef.

All somewhat true, except you failed to recognize the original point. We Steeler fans understand that when we get the latest in a string of mediocre QB's, we don't instantly expect that mediocre QB to take us to the promised land, predict idiotic things, and then get ridiculously upset when it doesn't happen.

Well, trust me, you are wrong about that. I don't know how long you have been around these boards....but when you had the Kordell's and the Bubby's and the Tommy's THAT is exactly what Steeler fans did.

We understand that with a bad or even average QB, the odds are not good that the team will go all the way, however, due to a solid organization behind that average QB, it does occasionally happen........like with Neil ODonnell and Kordell Stewart.

And Oh By The Way......it's not luck. Which is why the Steelers have been the best of the best under the Rooneys and why the Browns have been the worst of the worst under blah blah blah.

Of course it is luck. You were lucky that BR fell to you instead of having some other team that needed a QB pick him up (which could have included the Browns). You are lucky that he didn't turn out to be of the ilk of Kyle Boller/JP Losman/Rex Grossman/Vince Young/Brady Quinn/Jamarcus Russell/Josh Freeman/Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow....and other previous first round draft picks that have been taken over the years, 50% of which bust.

I mean, your the team that passed on Dan Marino when you needed a QB in 1983. (a year the Browns had no draft pick in the first round)

Archived