THE BROWNS BOARD

All you former Weeden supporters need to apologize

HurricanE

hated both the TR and weeden picks.

just goes to show you what happens when your FO misses on picks. sets you back years.

fucking gordon is leadin the league today with ctches/yac and they only threw it to him what, 12 times?

shows how much confidence this coaching staff (WHO I PUT MY STAMP ON IT NOW.........SUCKS!!) has in him.

just goes to show you what happens when your FO misses on picks. sets you back years.

fucking gordon is leadin the league today with ctches/yac and they only threw it to him what, 12 times?

shows how much confidence this coaching staff (WHO I PUT MY STAMP ON IT NOW.........SUCKS!!) has in him.

Eh I was ok with TR just not the fact we jumped up to get him.

Half the people here were supporting Weeden, I said from the begining he was garbage. I think this game vs Jacksonville speaks for itself.

I'm sorry... who are you? And how many of your 51 posts were about how bad Wheezy is?

MIK, I think the coaching staff is doing their best of making chicken soup out of chicken shit.

maybe.....

BUT

we do have a lot of talent on this team. from JT to mack on the OL is solid. we've got a serious#1WR and a decent #2. even with old retread RBs we had a decent running game today. i get it, we have no QB BUT how come other teams with worswe guys can win games? horton is supposed to be some defensive genious that will be hired as a head coach next year. fine with me, see ya. people say we don't need to draft a real #2 CB. well they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. the krueger signing was a waste and mingo and sheard need to bulk up and go to some serious lawrence taylor camp in the off-season. i thought we were only a couple of guys away from completing the defense, but i was wrong. if the FO was smart they'd pick 4 out of 5 picks on D next year.

the coaching staff blows. no creativity. no balance. pure shit. and we had a TE who was #2 in the league the first 5 games. what happened there? you can't coach the guy to get off his blocks mr. TE coach? cameron should be growing and acheiving more. yet he has fallen by the wayside. and what does chud do for anyone? gobble gobble gobble?

I agree, basically this whole forum including the Mods were all WEeden supporters. All my posts get deleted. Unreal.

Ya, we hoped for goods things from our first round draft pick, then we realized he sucked ... A long time ago.

Your posts were not deleted, they were merged into the "I have Colt McCoy's pubes in my teeth" thread.

Z

Ya, we hoped for goods things from our first round draft pick, then we realized he sucked ... A long time ago.

Your posts were not deleted, they were merged into the "I have Colt McCoy's pubes in my teeth" thread.

Z

And you're telling me you wouldn't want Colt McCoy on this team? Please, we would be an easy playoff team with him at the helm. You guys rip people apart for not going along with your Weeden dick riding escapade.

And you're telling me you wouldn't want Colt McCoy on this team? Please, we would be an easy playoff team with him at the helm. You guys rip people apart for not going along with your Weeden dick riding escapade.

Yes, I am saying I would not want Colt McCoy on this team.

I gave up on Colt McCoy right about the same time I gave up Weeden ... right around the 16th start.

I had equal hope and support for both ... and I equally gave up on them when they sucked.

They both suck, dude, it's not our fault, what do you want us to say?

Zombo

Everyone was saying that Weeden looked decent in the pre-season, was in a system that apparently suited him, with a guy renowned for improving QBs - he had a legitimate chance to get better, and many of us were expecting it. Turns out he actually got worse than last year, somehow. if he can't succeed in this offense, he can't succeed anywhere.

we do have a lot of talent on this team. from JT to mack on the OL is solid. we've got a serious#1WR and a decent #2. even with old retread RBs we had a decent running game today. i get it, we have no QB BUT how come other teams with worswe guys can win games? horton is supposed to be some defensive genious that will be hired as a head coach next year. fine with me, see ya. people say we don't need to draft a real #2 CB. well they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. the krueger signing was a waste and mingo and sheard need to bulk up and go to some serious lawrence taylor camp in the off-season. i thought we were only a couple of guys away from completing the defense, but i was wrong. if the FO was smart they'd pick 4 out of 5 picks on D next year.

the coaching staff blows. no creativity. no balance. pure shit. and we had a TE who was #2 in the league the first 5 games. what happened there? you can't coach the guy to get off his blocks mr. TE coach? cameron should be growing and acheiving more. yet he has fallen by the wayside. and what does chud do for anyone? gobble gobble gobble?

Offensively our OL is nowhere near "solid". Both guards and Schwartz have serious limitations.

Defensively we are suffering from the conversion to the 3-4. A conversion that has taken me from skeptical to optimistic to disappointed. The parallel time line to my path is the league's OCs figuring out how to attack us.

The D-line is solid. Taylor is approaching elite status at NT and Hughes has far exceeded my draft day expectations. Our DE's are space eaters capable of generating QB pressure albeit not on a consistent basis. Where the 3-4 conversion is foundering is at the LBs and for the 3-4 there is not a worse position at which to founder.

It's hard to find a pass cover capable LB in the lot. Sheard is still playing like a DE. Ditto for the 270# Kruger, who was a DE/ ILB "tweener" with the Ravens. Neither is fast enough to speed rush from an upright stance. Our designated speed rusher is not strong enough/ lacks the technique to bull rush and play the run.

While fast our ILBs lack the size and strength to stop the run on their own. I love DQ's heart and speed, but he is not the impact ILB we need. Thus TJW is called upon to stuff the run... a job he has excelled at this year. But with his focus on the run, pass defense suffers.

Secondaries really don't care what alignment the front 7 are in. They just need consistent QB pressure from as few defenders as possible. The number that defines "few" in our case has risen steadily through the year.

Everyone was saying that Weeden looked decent in the pre-season, was in a system that apparently suited him, with a guy renowned for improving QBs - he had a legitimate chance to get better, and many of us were expecting it. Turns out he actually got worse than last year, somehow. if he can't succeed in this offense, he can't succeed anywhere.

People really need to stop saying "everyone". What you are saying was said was said, but not by everyone.

People really need to stop saying "everyone". What you are saying was said was said, but not by everyone.

Fair enough. But when someone says 'everyone was saying' it should basically just read as 'what seemed to me to be the overriding opinion on the board'

The majority opinion was that who knew how good he could be after last year and Shurmurs outdated offense. Let's see what he can do this year in an offense that seemed to be tailor made for Weeden to succeed. We found out that it was tailor made for him to suck at even higher levels of suckiness than he displayed last year which is hard to believe since he sucked pretty bad last year as well.

Well boys and girls I don't apologize for jack shit. If Brandon Weeden starts next week I'll root for him then and the week after and the week after that. I hope he gets his shit together and beats the Pittsburgh fucking Steelers.

Speaking of sucking somebody's pecker could you guys maybe dust off your knees for a minute and look at some replays from the defensive side of the ball? I sat here watching that game with one of our esteemed posters and we watched play after play after play as the faguars converted just about every third down they faced. 4, 8, 13, 12, six, 5 yards every time the bastards touched the ball.

And that wasn't with a Joe Namath at the helm.

And Gordon can't catch any ball that's not near him. That means somebody got it ther.

Am I disappointed that Brandon Weeden hasn't led the Cleveland Browns to a stack of winds? No shit. Just like the other 60 fucking quarterbacks that everyone hates that kept such a great Super Bowl caliber team from their destiny of greatness.

WSS

I was meh on the TR pick too...I wanted tannehill over weeds.what still gets Me is Lomtardi wanted nothing to do with Josh Gordon and the kid is playing lights out football. and this years draft outside of Mingo looks..."shitty"...Im really leery of the upcomming draft...but I'll give Lomtardi props on bringing Hoyer on board.

This FO has been a bit hit and miss on bringing in players to be honest.

Bess - Miss

Kruger - I'm calling it a miss

D Bryant - Hit

Mingo - too early

Groves - injury riddled hit (when he plays our rotation is much better and we tend to get more sacks)

McFadden - way too early, but hasn't done much good yet

Slaughter - miss, thus far

Gilkey - promising

A Bryant - hit

McGahee - miss - though I'm not sure what else we could have done

Hoyer - hit

Campbell - hit

Greco's new, 5 year contract - not looking great so far

Dion Lewis - too early, but promising

I agree, basically this whole forum including the Mods were all WEeden supporters. All my posts get deleted. Unreal.

For the same reason we're Browns fans- that is unless you want to see a first round pick flop. I was of the "show me" mode. I've never deleted any of your posts. But keep on being a jerk, we can arrange that.

McCoy might possibly be an upgrade over Tanney, definitely over Weeden, but not Campbell. His ship sailed, and I'm not regretting it.

The majority opinion was that who knew how good he could be after last year and Shurmurs outdated offense. Let's see what he can do this year in an offense that seemed to be tailor made for Weeden to succeed. We found out that it was tailor made for him to suck at even higher levels of suckiness than he displayed last year which is hard to believe since he sucked pretty bad last year as well.

Nostradamus is blowing his horn he just knew Wee-Done was gonna suck from the get-go. He was only slightly ahead of the curve.

i was a big mccoy supporter for the longest time, only because under mangini and with a running game the team played hard and looked very young and hungry and rob ryan defense WAS pretty good.

then the holmgren/shurmur under the table deal. holmgren basically drafted mccoy and when he saw that he wasn't all that lied to the kid's face and drafted weeden. mccoy's skillset just wasn't there for a downfield attacking style of offense and his height diminished his skills even further from not being able to see over the line. sure he could scramble but he ain't no russell wilson.

it was time to part ways when holmgren ran for the hills with his pot 'o gold, never apologizing for anything.

mccoy might have had a better record than weeden at this point only if he threw 15 yd. slants and outs and gordon ran for 50 yds a catch. but dude, the guy is gone. there's nothing anyone can do about it.

weeden just plain sucks with his decision making and his total lack of pocket presence and not being able to throw the ball with touch. just nothing but fastballs.

this draft will be huge.

Bess - Miss was brought in to be a possession receiver- Developed some dropitis, but what are you looking for in a #3 WR?

Kruger - I'm calling it a miss expensive, but does not suck

D Bryant - Hit

Mingo - too early

Groves - injury riddled hit (when he plays our rotation is much better and we tend to get more sacks)

McFadden - way too early, but hasn't done much good yet

Slaughter - miss, thus far

Gilkey - promising

A Bryant - hit

McGahee - miss - though I'm not sure what else we could have done was brought in as a one year rent-a-player. Stats as good or better than Richardson's. You were expecting LeSean McCoy numbers?

Hoyer - hit

Campbell - hit

Greco's new, 5 year contract - not looking great so far

Dion Lewis - too early, but promising

Bess - Miss was brought in to be a possession receiver- Developed some dropitis, but what are you looking for in a #3 WR?

Kruger - I'm calling it a miss expensive, but does not suck

McGahee - miss - though I'm not sure what else we could have done was brought in as a one year rent-a-player. Stats as good or better than Richardson's. You were expecting LeSean McCoy numbers?

Call Bess a miss because of the dropitis - for a possession receiver, it's the worst possible thing. Plus, he seems to have been promoted to #2 receiver, under the radar. 28ypg not great for a number 2 or 3.

Kruger doesn't suck, but we need more than that from a major offseason acquisition.

McGahee - it's difficult to see what else we could have done, but I'm sure we could have got 35 ypg, 2.8 ypc from any of the backs we have had available this year - Ogbonnaya, Rainey, Whittaker, or whoever.

Archived