THE BROWNS BOARD

underclassmen

Solon16

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Donald Washington, DB from buckeys....don't really have a value or round on him but not a bad choice in later rounds.

Also later in the Draft wouldn't mind Alabama RB....Glen Coffee...Coffee's 117-yard average in league games was tops among SEC backs. Not a bad conference to lead all RB's in

Complete Draft Order: of Note Phily has #21 and #28....could they want Crabtree?

1 Detroit Lions 0 16 .000 .559 143-113

2 St. Louis Rams 2 14 .125 .533 136-119-1

3 Kansas City Chiefs 2 14 .125 .537 137-118-1

4 Seattle Seahawks 4 12 .250 .498 127-128-1

5 Cleveland Browns 4 12 .250 .572 145-108-3

6 Cincinnati Bengals 4 11 (1 tie) .281 .553 141-114-1

7 Oakland Raiders 5 11 .313 .520 133-123

8 Jacksonville Jaguars 5 11 .313 .537 137-118-1

9 Green Bay Packers 6 10 .375 .504 129-127

10 San Francisco 49ers 7 9 .438 .447 114-141-1

11 Buffalo Bills 7 9 .438 .453 116-140

12 Denver Broncos 8 8 .500 .457 117-139

13 Washington Redskins 8 8 .500 .479 121-132-3

14 New Orleans Saints 8 8 .500 .496 127-129

15 Houston Texans 8 8 .500 .518 132-123-1

16 San Diego Chargers 8 8 .500 .516 132-124

17 New York Jets 9 7 .563 .471 120-135-1

18 Chicago Bears 9 7 .563 .475 121-134-1

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9 7 .563 .480 123-133

20 Detroit Lions (from Dallas) 9 7 .563 .498 126-127-3

21 Philadelphia Eagles 9 6 (1 tie) .594 .514 131-124-1

22 Minnesota Vikings 10 6 .625 .504 129-127

23 New England Patriots 11 5 .688 .480 123-133

24 Atlanta Falcons 11 5 .688 .459 117-138-1

25 Miami Dolphins 11 5 .688 .461 118-138

26 Baltimore Ravens 11 5 .688 .521 132-121-3

27 Indianapolis Colts 12 4 .750 .498 127-128-1

28 Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina) 12 4 .750 .488 125-131

29 New York Giants 12 4 .750 .502 127-126-3

30 Tennessee Titans 13 3 .813 .459 117-138-1

31 * Arizona Cardinals 9 7 .563 .486 124-131-1

32 * Pittsburgh Steelers 12 4 .750 .525 133-120-3

* Subject to Super Bowl

Arm strength anyone??? Will go very high in the draft........... B)

I personally think is the best QB in this draft

Wow! That was a freakin rope. However, after seeing Graham Harrell and the kid from Missouri playing outside of that Big 12 - I'm not sure I trust the numbers any of them posted. Bradford suddenly looked stoppable out of conference too.

Of the QBs, I like Sanchez the best. He absolutely shredded the Big 10's best 2 defenses. I think there's ALOT of upside with him if he doesn't get rushed into a starting role before he is ready on a horrible team.

- Tom F.

Wow! That was a freakin rope. However, after seeing Graham Harrell and the kid from Missouri playing outside of that Big 12 - I'm not sure I trust the numbers any of them posted. Bradford suddenly looked stoppable out of conference too.

Of the QBs, I like Sanchez the best. He absolutely shredded the Big 10's best 2 defenses. I think there's ALOT of upside with him if he doesn't get rushed into a starting role before he is ready on a horrible team.

- Tom F.

Flugs,,, Freeman will make your jaw drop standing next to stafford....not even close as far as arm strength , body and even quicks...Very few here have seen him play because he's a big 12 guy...but It wouldn't surprise me if went #3 to KC

Flugs,,, Freeman will make your jaw drop standing next to stafford....not even close as far as arm strength , body and even quicks...Very few here have seen him play because he's a big 12 guy...but It wouldn't surprise me if went #3 to KC

Kordell Stewart, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Patrick Ramsey, Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer all had arm strength. But when some kids go from a conference of NO defense to facing complex NFL defenses led by Dick LeBeau or Ed Reed what tends to happen? You can hear one of the Lennon's singing "Nobody Told Me There'd be Days These." And we be saying "Oh no!" Not to be confused with Ono.

- Tom F

Kordell Stewart, Kyle Boller, Derek Anderson, Patrick Ramsey, Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer all had arm strength. But when some kids go from a conference of NO defense to facing complex NFL defenses led by Dick LeBeau or Ed Reed what tends to happen? You can hear one of the Lennon's singing "Nobody Told Me There'd be Days These." And we be saying "Oh no!" Not to be confused with Ono.

- Tom F

Joe Flacco???

I guess nobaody is that high on Coffee

Depends on how many cups I've had. MOST of these kids we debate I haven't seen enough of to give you a fair answer or assessment on.

Give me your favorite 4 for each of the following positions: RBs, WRs, ILBers, OLBers, DEs (3-4 types).

Highlight Youtubes are highly welcomesd and greatly appreciated.

- Tom F.

Depends on how many cups I've had. MOST of these kids we debate I haven't seen enough of to give you a fair answer or assessment on.

Give me your favorite 4 for each of the following positions: RBs, WRs, ILBers, OLBers, DEs (3-4 types).

Highlight Youtubes are highly welcomesd and greatly appreciated.

- Tom F.

RB: Wells , McCoy, Moreno, Greene

WR: Crabtree, Macklin , Nicks, Iglesias

ILB: Rey, Ellerbe , J laurenitis, beckwith,

OLB: Curry, Orakpo, Cushing, Maybin

De : Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, And Johnson kid from GT

my fav: Rey in 1st, McCoy falls inexplicably to us in second(dream).........If we don't go Rb in second I want Coffee in fourth!!

RB: Wells , McCoy, Moreno, Greene

WR: Crabtree, Macklin , Nicks, Iglesias

ILB: Rey, Ellerbe , J laurenitis, beckwith,

OLB: Curry, Orakpo, Cushing, Maybin

De : Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, Everette Brown, And Johnson kid from GT

my fav: Rey in 1st, McCoy falls inexplicably to us in second(dream).........If we don't go Rb in second I want Coffee in fourth!!

first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

first off moreno is the best rb in the draft but we cant take mcCoy we already have a imilar back in harrison and mcCoy isnt a 20 caryy back thats the knock on the guy .

Whatever dude Flugs asked ME who i thought MY favs were! McCoy is better than harrison and will be a steal if he finds his way to us in second! moreno will be as brittle as bush is! Put yours up.... then you can put Moreno first....

What the fk does that have anything to do with my top 4 at those positions??? did I say anything at all about 20 carry back or knock out guy???

Whatever dude Flugs asked ME who i thought MY favs were! McCoy is better than harrison and will be a steal if he finds his way to us in second! moreno will be as brittle as bush is! Put yours up.... then you can put Moreno first....

Thanks for posting your favorite for each of those positions Solon. Love your RBs! The WR Nicks/Nix from North Carolina is supposed to be a GEM from things I've heard. Pretty good list - I'm not doing a good enough sales job with Harvin on anyone but that kid impressed me to no end.

I like your round 1 and round 2 ideas. Keep in mind Marlon Lucky will be a nice mid round steal at RB for someone too.

- Tom F.

Thanks for posting your favorite for each of those positions Solon. Love your RBs! The WR Nicks/Nix from North Carolina is supposed to be a GEM from things I've heard. Pretty good list - I'm not doing a good enough sales job with Harvin on anyone but that kid impressed me to no end.

I like your round 1 and round 2 ideas. Keep in mind Marlon Lucky will be a nice mid round steal at RB for someone too.

- Tom F.

i agree harvin is a special talent but what is he? a wr? a rb?....if it was up to me he'd be a RB. I'm not a huge fan of little wr's even with the likes of steve smith, santana moss, devin hester etc....though great... these guys have been fit into there respective systems nicely....I haven't seen one Brown HC fit guys like this into a "system" dating back to metcalf up the middle. I'd prefer Bigger wr's in The weather like we have in Cleveland where jump balls are of more value than little speed guys in the mud,rain and snow....Just my preferences i guess. just like i have always wanted a PouNDER at RB and MLB....Brandon jacobs is a faster Kevin Mack! Rey maualuga is......... well there has never been ANYONE to compare him with in Browns history.....You get my drift!

P.S Nicks is a freaking STUD! if macklin wasn't a combined threat on ST... nicks would be my #2! Also I'm really high on Sammie Stroughter from Oregon St...if he is there in 4th when we pick...he could be up there with steals of the whole draft in 4th!

i agree harvin is a special talent but what is he? a wr? a rb?....if it was up to me he'd be a RB. I'm not a huge fan of little wr's

Harvin is a WR at the NFL level with an ability to offer up versatility. That doesn't need to be a negative. Haven't we tinkered with Cribbs at RB and contemplated more of this for 2009? The MORE a guy can offer - the more valuable he becomes IMO. The guy had 19 rushing TDs and 13 receiving TDs in just 3 years on campus. For a team that couldn't light up a scoreboard very much in 2008 - I'm wondering why people would rather have this guy fall to more talented offensive rosters.

Percy Harvin is Terry Glenn with a 450 pound bench press and better gears. More specifically, he's Joey Galloway with a BETTER college career. Maybe Santonio Holmes is the best parallel. He can socre returning punts like he did to Baltimore or he can take over the Superbowl at crunch time like Percy Harvin did to Oklahoma in the National Championship. We got room for that kind of special - trust me. Put that on the other side of Edwards and yowsa!

Harvin is listed at 5-11 and 195 pounds by ESPN as a 20 year old junior

Try to remember what the 5'10" 181 pound Eddie Royal did to the NFL and us in his rookie season. That's a pretty freakin nice weapon to have. We pretty much had the Denver game in check before Eddie Royal ruined the entire night on 1 play we fell asleep at the wheel on. We don't HAVE this type of playmaker on the roster right now.

- Tom F. (When I hear a guy is a gym rat that wants to be #1 in the weight room and THE goto guy in the plan of attack, I likey-likey)

Harvin is a WR at the NFL level with an ability to offer up versatility. That doesn't need to be a negative. Haven't we tinkered with Cribbs at RB and contemplated more of this for 2009? The MORE a guy can offer - the more valuable he becomes IMO. The guy had 19 rushing TDs and 13 receiving TDs in just 3 years on campus. For a team that couldn't light up a scoreboard very much in 2008 - I'm wondering why people would rather have this guy fall to more talented offensive rosters.

Percy Harvin is Terry Glenn with a 450 pound bench press and better gears. More specifically, he's Joey Galloway with a BETTER college career. Maybe Santonio Holmes is the best parallel. He can socre returning punts like he did to Baltimore or he can take over the Superbowl at crunch time like Percy Harvin did to Oklahoma in the National Championship. We got room for that kind of special - trust me. Put that on the other side of Edwards and yowsa!

Harvin is listed at 5-11 and 195 pounds by ESPN as a 20 year old junior

Try to remember what the 5'10" 181 pound Eddie Royal did to the NFL and us in his rookie season. That's a pretty freakin nice weapon to have. We pretty much had the Denver game in check before Eddie Royal ruined the entire night on 1 play we fell asleep at the wheel on. We don't HAVE this type of playmaker on the roster right now.

- Tom F. (When I hear a guy is a gym rat that wants to be #1 in the weight room and THE goto guy in the plan of attack, I likey-likey)

AT #5?????

AT #5?????

Who was #1 in the Country? In order to WIN the national championship, WHO was the goto guy in Florida's game plans vrs Alabama AND Oklahoma? It was Percy Harvin.

That being the case, what kid would Oklahoma inform you was MUCH tougher to stop - Crabtree or Harvin? In fact, Harvin was a matchup nightmare for Ohio State when he was just a wide eyed freshman with Chris Leaks tossing him the ball. The kid has been an important part of 2 National Championship game plans. What's NOT to love about this kid? He averaged 13 TDs a year - you don't think we have room for him at #5 if we ain't going defense first?

Don't underestimate the fitness he'll bring to Indy. I'm telling you before his bandwagon gets rolling AFTER Indy or his private workout. 32 teams are sending scouts there to look for guys that can run in the 4.2s. Let's say he does this and then he tosses up 225 pounds as many times as a guy maxing out 450 can do - are we gonna see stock up or stock down? Joey Galloway didn't have the college career Harvin had but he ran 4.2s and he was rumored to bench press over 400 pounds so nobody cared if he was only 5'10" tall. You also realize that Terry Glenn AND Santonio Holmes are only 5'11" tall right? That doesn't matter if it's on the right player.

My vision of Harvin is him turning a short pass vrs a zone blitz into a LONG TD for a refreshing change. We're NEVER going to beat a zone blitz remaining content with being slower than Pitt's secondary. Count our TDs against them this year and let me know when you get to #1.

Even BETTER is harvin received GREAT offensive coaching in the 3 years he helped his team win 2 National Championships. When I hear a superstar wants to be #1 in the weight room too - I get flashbacks to Greg Pruitt and I'm all warm and fuzzy. Can't help it - gotta HAVE it!

- Tom F. (We once had Tomlinson on our doorstep with a #3 overall pick but the braintrust didn't want a guy with heart and dedication. They couldn't get past 5'8' tall because they were MORE wrong for us than Tomlinson. End result? We got a 325 pound Tin Man with a large signing bonus instead of a heart.)

so the short of it is yes at #5 overall in the first round...... ;) We need a playmaker on O...no doubt. May be the best playmaker in the draft. Personally want a freakin Linebacker worth a damn.

We're more in-line than you think. My #1 is still Curry (1B is still Rey). There's good chances 1 will be gone and the other won't be considered at 5 so I'm trying to remain openminded to some other X-factors we'll have on our doorstep. There's some guys I really like, there's some guys I haven't seen enough of and there's some I think are gettign way overrated.

If our defensive solutions are off the table and we go offense - I'd have to get creative to like anyone more than I like Harvin for us for the reasons I spoke of. He's what they look for in Indy. 4.2 forties and Conan with the barbells. After they see what they like - then they ask "can he play though?" Then we understand his resume reads as follows: Urban Meyer's Offensive Game Plan Weapon of choice for 2 National Championship Ws in his 3 year career with an average of 13 TDs per season. This was in a much better defensive conference than the Big 12. If this kid was in the Big 12, he'd prolly average about 18-20 TDs a year.

WHY do I choose him over Crabtree? Because like Oklahoma could inform everyone: "They could stop Crabtree dead in his tracks; but they're still looking at the back of Harvin's cleats and jersey." The OTHER reason is our offense didn't have enough weapons to score an offensive TD in the final 6 weeks of the season. This guy can change a scoreboard from anywhere on the field in 9 seconds or less. Before people JUMP to Mel Kiper and Todd McShay conclusions - just remember Urban Meyer isn't a stupid football guy. There was a time when all of the draft gurus said you do NOT draft a Randy Moss in the top 5 so he went 21st overall. Were they right? The team that landed him went 15-1 with a 37 year old Randall Cunningham throwing him passes.

I'd rather have pure speed opposite Braylon Edwards instead of a mirror image of Braylon Edwards. I think Harvin would bring better chemistry. The Minnesota Viking got pure speed in Moss opposite of Cris Carter, which made Carter even better. I'm not sure the SAME chemistry would have unfolded if they drafted another possession guy with great hands. Moss' speed is what opened up matchup Heaven for Carter and gave Cunningham his career best passer ratings. That's what Braylon needs.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius

Watched the Oklahoma-Texas Tech game recently: they were triple-teaming Crabtree for most of the game, and he ended up with 6 catches for 62 yards. Oklahoma couldn't stop Harvin because you can't do that to an unconventional RB/WR in an offense with a lot of weapons (the QB being the biggest one).

To me, Harvin's the 3rd WR in this draft behind Crabtree and Maclin. Sure, his potential may match both of those guys, but he's not very refined as a receiver, has trouble breaking jams (despite his weight room strength), and has durability issues. He could end up being the best receiver, but he's also the most risky guy of the bunch.

Watched the Oklahoma-Texas Tech game recently: they were triple-teaming Crabtree for most of the game, and he ended up with 6 catches for 62 yards. Oklahoma couldn't stop Harvin because you can't do that to an unconventional RB/WR in an offense with a lot of weapons (the QB being the biggest one).

To me, Harvin's the 3rd WR in this draft behind Crabtree and Maclin. Sure, his potential may match both of those guys, but he's not very refined as a receiver, has trouble breaking jams (despite his weight room strength), and has durability issues. He could end up being the best receiver, but he's also the most risky guy of the bunch.

I watched the entire game with the understanding that the Mad Scientist used to be on Stoops' staff. Oklahoma used zones, Zome blitzes and rolled coverages. Never saw triple coverage on 1 of Tech's 4 WRs; but I did see a team that made harrell throw the ball quicker than other teams. That's pretty good litmus test for how effective he'd be against Pittsburgh (only their secondary is faster w/ the mind of LeBeau). Anyway, with the score at 42-7 at halftime in favor of Oklahoma - Crabtree had 2 receptions for 28 yards. Here's the first half just in case you think he was more of a factor than I'm giving him credit for:

1st Quarter TTU OKLA

Oklahoma at 15:00 TTU OKLA

Matthew Moreland kickoff for 65 yards returned by Detron Lewis for 27 yards to the TexTc 32. 0 0

Texas Tech at 14:34 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 32 Shannon Woods rush for 2 yards to the TexTc 34. 0 0

2nd and 8 at TTU 34 Graham Harrell pass complete to Lyle Leong for 10 yards to the TexTc 44 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 44 Graham Harrell pass complete to Shannon Woods for 3 yards to the TexTc 47.

2nd and 7 at TTU 47 Graham Harrell pass complete to Tramain Swindall for a loss of 2 yards to the TexTc 45.

3rd and 9 at TTU 45 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Eric Morris.

4th and 9 at TTU 45 Jonathan LaCour punt for 32 yards, returned by Ryan Broyles for 4 yards to the Okla 27.

DRIVE TOTALS: TexTc drive: 5 plays 13 yards, 02:26 TexTc PUNT

Oklahoma at 12:34 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at OKLA 27 Sam Bradford pass complete to Jermaine Gresham for 9 yards to the Okla 36. 0 0

2nd and 1 at OKLA 36 Oklahoma penalty 4 yard false start accepted.

2nd and 5 at OKLA 32 DeMarco Murray rush for 18 yards to the 50 yard line for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 50 DeMarco Murray rush for 3 yards to the TexTc 47.

2nd and 7 at TTU 47 DeMarco Murray rush for 25 yards to the TexTc 22 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 22 Chris Brown rush for 3 yards to the TexTc 19.

2nd and 7 at TTU 19 Chris Brown rush for 4 yards to the TexTc 15.

3rd and 3 at TTU 15 Sam Bradford pass complete to Jermaine Gresham for 13 yards to the TexTc 2 for a 1ST down.

1st and Goal at TTU 2 DeMarco Murray rush for 1 yard to the TexTc 1.

2nd and Goal at TTU 1 Timeout TEXAS TECH, clock 09:25.

2nd and Goal at TTU 1 DeMarco Murray rush for no gain to the TexTc 1.

3rd and Goal at TTU 1 DeMarco Murray rush for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN. 0 6

Jimmy Stevens extra point GOOD. 0 7

Matthew Moreland kickoff for 65 yards returned by Jamar Wall for 17 yards to the TexTc 22.

DRIVE TOTALS: Okla drive: 10 plays 73 yards, 03:35 Okla TD

Texas Tech at 8:59 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 22 Oklahoma penalty 15 yard personal foul accepted. 0 7

1st and 10 at TTU 37 Texas Tech penalty 5 yard delay of game accepted.

1st and 15 at TTU 32 Texas Tech penalty 5 yard false start accepted.

1st and 20 at TTU 27 Graham Harrell pass complete to Michael Crabtree for 14 yards to the TexTc 41.

2nd and 6 at TTU 41 Graham Harrell pass complete to Detron Lewis for 9 yards to the 50 yard line for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 50 Shannon Woods rush for no gain to the 50 yard line.

2nd and 10 at OKLA 50 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Tramain Swindall.

3rd and 10 at OKLA 50 Graham Harrell pass complete to Detron Lewis for 2 yards to the Okla 48.

4th and 8 at OKLA 48 Jonathan LaCour punt for 30 yards, returned by Ryan Broyles for 2 yards to the Okla 20.

DRIVE TOTALS: TexTc drive: 5 plays 30 yards, 02:45 TexTc PUNT

Oklahoma at 6:14 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at OKLA 20 DeMarco Murray rush for 10 yards to the Okla 30 for a 1ST down. 0 7

1st and 10 at OKLA 30 Oklahoma penalty 15 yard personal foul accepted.

1st and 25 at OKLA 15 Sam Bradford pass complete to Quentin Chaney for 9 yards to the Okla 24.

2nd and 16 at OKLA 24 Sam Bradford pass incomplete to Juaquin Iglesias.

3rd and 16 at OKLA 24 Sam Bradford pass incomplete to Manuel Johnson.

4th and 16 at OKLA 24 Mike Knall punt for 43 yards, returned by Eric Morris for no gain to the TexTc 33.

DRIVE TOTALS: Okla drive: 4 plays 4 yards, 01:18 Okla PUNT

Texas Tech at 4:56 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 33 Graham Harrell pass complete to Shannon Woods for 8 yards to the TexTc 41. 0 7

2nd and 2 at TTU 41 Baron Batch rush for 13 yards to the Okla 46 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 46 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Edward Britton.

2nd and 10 at OKLA 46 Graham Harrell pass complete to Baron Batch for 10 yards to the Okla 36 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 36 Graham Harrell pass complete to Baron Batch for no gain to the Okla 36.

2nd and 10 at OKLA 36 Graham Harrell sacked for a loss of 12 yards to the Okla 48.

3rd and 22 at OKLA 48 Timeout TEXAS TECH, clock 02:05.

3rd and 22 at OKLA 48 Graham Harrell sacked for a loss of 7 yards to the TexTc 45.

4th and 29 at TTU 45 Jonathan LaCour punt for 31 yards to the Okla 24, no return.

DRIVE TOTALS: TexTc drive: 7 plays 12 yards, 03:43 TexTc PUNT

Oklahoma at 1:13 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at OKLA 24 Chris Brown rush for 5 yards to the Okla 29. 0 7

2nd and 5 at OKLA 29 Sam Bradford pass complete to Jermaine Gresham for 42 yards to the TexTc 29 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 29 Chris Brown rush for 7 yards to the TexTc 22.

End of 1st Quarter

2nd Quarter TTU OKLA

Oklahoma at 15:00 TTU OKLA

2nd and 3 at TTU 22 Oklahoma penalty 5 yard false start accepted. 0 7

2nd and 8 at TTU 27 Sam Bradford pass complete to Jermaine Gresham for 12 yards to the TexTc 15 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 15 Chris Brown rush for 12 yards to the TexTc 3 for a 1ST down.

1st and Goal at TTU 3 Chris Brown rush for 3 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 0 13

Jimmy Stevens extra point GOOD. 0 14

Matthew Moreland kickoff for 50 yards returned by Ryan Hale for 18 yards to the TexTc 38.

DRIVE TOTALS: Okla drive: 6 plays 76 yards, 01:44 Okla TD

Texas Tech at 14:29 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 38 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Eric Morris. 0 14

2nd and 10 at TTU 38 Graham Harrell pass complete to Michael Crabtree for 14 yards to the Okla 48 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 48 Graham Harrell pass complete to Baron Batch for a loss of 1 yard to the Okla 49.

2nd and 11 at OKLA 49 Baron Batch rush for 12 yards to the Okla 37 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 37 Oklahoma penalty 15 yard personal foul accepted.

1st and 10 at OKLA 22 Graham Harrell pass complete to Eric Morris for 7 yards to the Okla 15.

2nd and 3 at OKLA 15 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Michael Crabtree.

3rd and 3 at OKLA 15 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Eric Morris.

4th and 3 at OKLA 15 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Shannon Woods.

DRIVE TOTALS: TexTc drive: 8 plays 47 yards, 02:14 TexTc DOWNS

Oklahoma at 12:15 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at OKLA 16 DeMarco Murray rush for 23 yards to the Okla 39 for a 1ST down. 0 14

1st and 10 at OKLA 39 Sam Bradford pass complete to DeMarco Murray for 31 yards to the TexTc 30 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 30 Timeout TEXAS TECH, clock 11:39.

1st and 10 at TTU 30 Chris Brown rush for 4 yards to the TexTc 26.

2nd and 6 at TTU 26 Chris Brown rush for 7 yards to the TexTc 19 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 19 Sam Bradford pass complete to Jermaine Gresham for 19 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 0 21

Jimmy Stevens extra point GOOD. 0 21

Matthew Moreland kickoff for 50 yards returned by Jamar Wall for 29 yards to the TexTc 49.

DRIVE TOTALS: Okla drive: 5 plays 84 yards, 01:17 Okla TD

Texas Tech at 10:58 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 49 Baron Batch rush for 5 yards to the Okla 46. 0 21

2nd and 5 at OKLA 46 Baron Batch rush for 1 yard to the Okla 45.

3rd and 4 at OKLA 45 Graham Harrell pass incomplete.

4th and 4 at OKLA 45 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Michael Crabtree.

DRIVE TOTALS: TexTc drive: 4 plays 6 yards, 01:27 TexTc DOWNS

Oklahoma at 9:31 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at OKLA 45 Mossis Madu rush for 11 yards to the TexTc 44 for a 1ST down. 0 21

1st and 10 at TTU 44 Sam Bradford rush for 14 yards to the TexTc 30 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 30 Oklahoma penalty 5 yard false start accepted.

1st and 15 at TTU 35 Sam Bradford rush for 7 yards to the TexTc 28.

2nd and 8 at TTU 28 Sam Bradford pass incomplete.

3rd and 8 at TTU 28 Sam Bradford pass complete to Juaquin Iglesias for 28 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 0 27

Jimmy Stevens extra point GOOD. 0 28

Matthew Moreland kickoff for 27 yards returned by Jordy Rowland for no gain to the TexTc 43.

DRIVE TOTALS: Okla drive: 5 plays 55 yards, 01:46 Okla TD

Texas Tech at 7:45 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 43 Shannon Woods rush for a loss of 2 yards to the TexTc 41. 0 28

2nd and 12 at TTU 41 Graham Harrell pass complete to Eric Morris for 34 yards to the Okla 25 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 25 Graham Harrell pass incomplete to Eric Morris.

2nd and 10 at OKLA 25 Graham Harrell pass complete to Tramain Swindall for 25 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 6 28

1st and Goal at OKLA 3 Oklahoma penalty 1 yard delay of game accepted.

Matt Williams extra point GOOD. 7 28

Donnie Carona kickoff for 70 yards for a touchback.

DRIVE TOTALS: TexTc drive: 4 plays 57 yards, 01:17 TexTc TD

Oklahoma at 6:28 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at OKLA 20 DeMarco Murray rush for 12 yards to the Okla 32 for a 1ST down. 7 28

1st and 10 at OKLA 32 DeMarco Murray rush for 3 yards to the Okla 35.

2nd and 7 at OKLA 35 DeMarco Murray rush for 4 yards to the Okla 39.

3rd and 3 at OKLA 39 Chris Brown rush for 3 yards to the Okla 42 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at OKLA 42 Chris Brown rush for 4 yards to the Okla 46.

2nd and 6 at OKLA 46 Sam Bradford pass complete to DeMarco Murray for 13 yards to the TexTc 41 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 41 Chris Brown rush for 15 yards to the TexTc 26 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 26 Chris Brown rush for 11 yards to the TexTc 15 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TTU 15 DeMarco Murray rush for 7 yards to the TexTc 8.

2nd and 3 at TTU 8 DeMarco Murray rush for 2 yards to the TexTc 6.

3rd and 1 at TTU 6 Sam Bradford rush for 2 yards to the TexTc 4 for a 1ST down.

1st and Goal at TTU 4 Chris Brown rush for 4 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 7 34

Jimmy Stevens extra point GOOD. 7 35

Matthew Moreland kickoff for 65 yards returned by Jamar Wall for 20 yards to the TexTc 25.

DRIVE TOTALS: Okla drive: 12 plays 80 yards, 05:24 Okla TD

Texas Tech at 1:04 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 25 Baron Batch rush for 4 yards to the TexTc 29. 7 35

2nd and 6 at TTU 29 Graham Harrell pass intercepted by Travis Lewis at the TexTc 49, returned for 47 yards to the TexTc 29, Oklahoma penalty 1 yard personal foul accepted for a 1ST down.

DRIVE TOTALS: TexTc drive: 2 plays 4 yards, 00:43 TexTc INT

Oklahoma at 0:21 TTU OKLA

1st and Goal at TTU 1 DeMarco Murray rush for 1 yard for a TOUCHDOWN. 7 41

Jimmy Stevens extra point GOOD. 7 42

Matthew Moreland kickoff for 56 yards returned by Jamar Wall for 14 yards to the TexTc 28.

DRIVE TOTALS: Okla drive: 1 play 1 yards, 00:03 Okla TD

Texas Tech at 0:18 TTU OKLA

1st and 10 at TTU 28 Graham Harrell pass complete to Baron Batch for 21 yards to the TexTc 28, Texas Tech penalty 16 yard personal foul accepted. 7 42

End of 2nd Quarter

As for Harvin - what makes you think he'll have more trouble with press coverages than guys like Eddie Royal, Terry Glenn and Santonio Holmes? He weighs 195 pounds which is more than all of these guys. He's stronger than all of them and he's faster too. He wasn't nearly as overwhelmed by Oklahoma as Crabtree. I like Crabtree BUT I think he'll have more of an adjustment period than Harvin. If MORE people share your opinion because it lines up with McShay and Kiper - then Harvin goes to a team more used to winning and his chances of instant success increase even more. WR is a chemistry thing and I think adding speed to the side opposite of Edwards really creates some nice matchups for us.

In the National Championship game, that wasn't Tebow that ran the ball from their own 2 yard line to the other side of the 50. That was Harvin. BIGGEST play of the game IMO. If there's ever a goto guy in a goto situation that was it. They didn't run a QB draw there. That said, Harvin sure opened up opportunties for the playaction QB keepers after that play. There's a REASON they needed Harvin to play. Speed changes the way you play chess from the design of a formation to the execution of the play. When Harvin popped a few big plays - Tebow became twice as effective shortly thereafter. As much as I admire Tebow as a leader - Chris Leaks won their 1st BCS Championship with the same perks blazing speed provides. Ohio State was so spreadout that they weren't in position to tackle pass receivers after the catch. That was Chris Leaks spreading them out - it was speed w/ talent. And yes, Harvin was part of that while Tebow came in and ran a couple QB draws.

- Tom F.

Guest Aloysius

Just read that teams are concerned about Harvin's "me first" personality. He was temporarily declared ineligible to play high school football because of an argument he had with an official during a game, and he's rumored to have said negative, insulting things about Tim Tebow & other Gators because he didn't think they respected him enough.

Sounds kinda TO-ish.

Guest Aloysius
Percy Harvin is Terry Glenn with a 450 pound bench press and better gears.

[...]

Harvin put up 19 reps of 225 today. That's better than the average for receivers (12), but it isn't particularly impressive. Syndric Steptoe put up 17 a few years back.

And I think the character issues with Harvin make him a real poor fit for us. For instance, check out PFW's scouting report on him:

Downside: Has not run a full route tree. Not a strong tackle-breaker. Has a supreme sense of entitlement, talks down to coaches and does not take hard coaching well. Questionable character — suspended in high school (unsportsmanlike conduct, inappropriate language and improper contact with an official) and college and identifies with the 757 Virginia Beach neighborhood that produced Lawrence Taylor, Michael Vick and DeAngelo Hall — elite but troubled athletes. Not a likable personality and tends to rub teammates the wrong way. Durability could be an issue — has been dinged throughout career with neck, hamstring and ankle injuries. Had surgery to shave abnormal bone growth off his heel.

Archived