THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns fan, new to the board

tml1138

So I signed up earlier this year, have been lurking this season and getting some laughs (as well as fellow fan insight) reading this board.

I was raised in a Browns fan family (mostly), and have been watching Cleveland football since the Kosar days. I was a little too young to remember much of the Sipe era or anything before that. I say mostly Browns family because I grew up and live near the Youngstown area, which is an area divided. So yes, I have plenty of relatives that are Steelers fans and they suck for it. Fuck Ohio Steelers fans. Those frontrunning Buckeyes-Steelers fans irk the fuck out of me the most.

BTW, I wanted to come up with a more fitting user name for this board, but nothing good came to mind. Then I thought, a nickname should not be self-given, especially in a sports forum. Over time something should present itself.

I'm a season ticket holder, and will be voluntarily freezing my ass off this Sunday at the game vs Chicago. But enjoying every minute of it, especially if we win!

So I signed up earlier this year, have been lurking this season and getting some laughs (as well as fellow fan insight) reading this board.

I was raised in a Browns fan family (mostly), and have been watching Cleveland football since the Kosar days. I was a little too young to remember much of the Sipe era or anything before that. I say mostly Browns family because I grew up and live near the Youngstown area, which is an area divided. So yes, I have plenty of relatives that are Steelers fans and they suck for it. Fuck Ohio Steelers fans. Those frontrunning Buckeyes-Steelers fans irk the fuck out of me the most.

BTW, I wanted to come up with a more fitting user name for this board, but nothing good came to mind. Then I thought, a nickname should not be self-given, especially in a sports forum. Over time something should present itself.

I'm a season ticket holder, and will be voluntarily freezing my ass off this Sunday at the game vs Chicago. But enjoying every minute of it, especially if we win!

If we win we will call you "Lucky". If we lose .. The Youngstown Curse.

Welcome aboard, Go Browns!

Zombo

Ha! And to think I almost posted right after the New England game, to vent my frustrations.

Eh...the thing about Y-town is I'm about 20 miles south and in a different county. I'm pretty disconnected from that city actually. And being even further south means...yeah, closer to Pittsburgh. Growing up here can get your sports experiences all screwed up. I've been to Three Rivers numerous times in my youth (only for Pirates games) but never at Municipal. Driving a bus full of little league kids to see the Pirates was closer than the Indians. As an adult, my choice of direction is always to the Lake. (And it's helpful to marry a girl from the Cleveland area, who has Browns season tickets.)

Thanks, Go Browns!

I'm from Youngstown and my wife's from Akron, and she's one of those frontrunning Buckeyes and Steelers fan... I can't hate her for it b/c she's my wife, but it does give me about 4 hours every Sunday when I don't have to talk to or listen to her... Youngstown keeps swaying toward having even more Steelers fans, and it drives me crazy... At least this year I haven't had to hear much from them... anyway...

Welcome aboard!

cal - I'm usually tailgating over in the Burke airport parking lot, in the corner near the terminal and the Women's Air and Space Museum entrance. My buddy brings his "Funbulance" (ambulance with classic Browns graphics of Kosar and Clay Matthews on it).

new23 - my ex was a Steelers-Buckeyes-Indians fan. I don't miss that let me tell you. Helluva lot more fun with a Browns wifey. I took my cousin to a game earlier this year. He was harping over all the ladies he saw dressed in Browns garb (warmer weather, vs the Bengals). Envious because his wife is a Steelers fan. I felt his pain, in an amusing kind of way.

cal - I'm usually tailgating over in the Burke airport parking lot, in the corner near the terminal and the Women's Air and Space Museum entrance. My buddy brings his "Funbulance" (ambulance with classic Browns graphics of Kosar and Clay Matthews on it).

new23 - my ex was a Steelers-Buckeyes-Indians fan. I don't miss that let me tell you. Helluva lot more fun with a Browns wifey. I took my cousin to a game earlier this year. He was harping over all the ladies he saw dressed in Browns garb (warmer weather, vs the Bengals). Envious because his wife is a Steelers fan. I felt his pain, in an amusing kind of way.

I was at that Bengals game, and I was harping over the ladies dressed in Browns gear too... shhhh... It's funny how even 5's look like 10's when they're wearing Browns gear and tailgaiting...

Archived