THE BROWNS BOARD

Why isn't Weeden gone?

Bammer

Draft trade bait material.

Yep. I heard the organization needs new trash bins, and Brandy might just be enough to get them.........Na, still too much to ask.

LOL, Draft Trade Bait!!!!!!!!!

The idea would be you throw him into a draft pick exchange to a team that needs competition at backup QB, it's good idea ... that's how we got rid of Quinn and McCoy, I believe ... but Weeden has too much guaranteed money, I think they either release him or bring him to camp.

Zombo

The idea would be you throw him into a draft pick exchange to a team that needs competition at backup QB, it's good idea ... that's how we got rid of Quinn and McCoy, I believe ... but Weeden has too much guaranteed money, I think they either release him or bring him to camp.

Zombo

Can this turd qualify to compete with anyone as a back-up QB??? I think a number of us on this board could out play him ! It's wasted money, a loss is a loss, send him packing with what he's owed so we can all get that bad taste out of our heads !

Yup... 7th rounder or maybe a sweetener with us eating the guaranteed $$$.

Someone out there is looking at tape of Wheezy and thinking, "I can fix this guy".

Happens all the time with "golden arms", e.g., Jeff George...

Can this turd qualify to compete with anyone as a back-up QB??? I think a number of us on this board could out play him ! It's wasted money, a loss is a loss, send him packing with what he's owed so we can all get that bad taste out of our heads !

I am of the personal opinion that the team would have been better off playing Weeden these last 2 games than Campbell.

Yup... 7th rounder or maybe a sweetener with us eating the guaranteed $$$.

Someone out there is looking at tape of Wheezy and thinking, "I can fix this guy".

Happens all the time with "golden arms", e.g., Jeff George...

God is the only one that comes to mind.

Nah. I mean, I'd like to never see Weeden on the field as a Brown again, but I don't necessarily think they should give anything up to get rid of him. According to Haslam, there's plenty of cap room (for what they have in mind, I guess), so there doesn't seem to be any financial urgency to get rid of him. I mean, sure, it would be nice not to have to pay him, but I don't know if they need to give stuff up to make that happen.

You just hope that whoever's out there thinking they can fix him isn't the next Browns HC...

Sorry to say, that is exactly what I think is going to happen.

I think the next HC is going to throw Weeden into the mix and see if something can be done with him.

The guy can throw a ball, he just needs some sparks between the ears . . .

Sad to say, I don't think we've seen the last of Weeden yet.

Nah. I mean, I'd like to never see Weeden on the field as a Brown again, but I don't necessarily think they should give anything up to get rid of him. According to Haslam, there's plenty of cap room (for what they have in mind, I guess), so there doesn't seem to be any financial urgency to get rid of him. I mean, sure, it would be nice not to have to pay him, but I don't know if they need to give stuff up to make that happen.

Yeah I was joking...

Not sure what good that would do at this point. We don't even have a coach. We are paying him either way, no need to release him until after the draft if then.

Zombo

Zombo

Z- don't expect the NFL GMs to come calling over Weeden- he sucks beyond belief. We'd have to give up draft picks and pick up part of his salary just to get rid of him.

Cut him now- hey job-tardi- what you waiting for to clear the dead wood?

Here's a hint- send Lavaou, Sixty year old McGahee, and a few others along with him.

It cracks me up when people call these professional athletes "turds". Did the guy perform in Cleveland like fans wanted? No. But he was a professional athlete in 2 sports. I assume most of you name callers probably sat the bench in little league. So keep calling names and get back to your jobs at McDonalds while these "turds" make millions as a back up somewhere.

GTFO turd

In a way I agree, and in a way I don't. I don't like it when people explicitly or implicitly claim that they themselves could do better than a professional athlete. That's ridiculous. That being said, I don't think it's unreasonable to criticize a player IN COMPARISON TO OTHER PLAYERS. I have a friend who is a professional drummer. Compared to the best professional drummers, he's a shitty drummer. He'll tell you that himself. Is the guy a better drummer than me? Absolutely. Is he better than someone who only drummed in elementary school for the 5th grade band? Sure; ridiculously better. Is he better at drumming than some professional football player who is great at football but doesn't know a thing about drumming? Of course. However, if you put my friend on stage with a legendary rock band and asked him to perform at their level, you'd be well within your rights (even if you couldn't drum yourself) to say that he is a shitty drummer.

So, if Weeden comes to my town and plays backyard football with me, he'll be amazing. But, as long as he's on an NFL field, competing with and against NFL players, I don't feel like it is unreasonable to say that he's not good, even if the person saying that isn't good themselves.

Archived