THE BROWNS BOARD

Why isn't Weeden gone?

Bammer

It cracks me up when people call these professional athletes "turds". Did the guy perform in Cleveland like fans wanted? No. But he was a professional athlete in 2 sports. I assume most of you name callers probably sat the bench in little league. So keep calling names and get back to your jobs at McDonalds while these "turds" make millions as a back up somewhere.

Hi Brandon.....so what are your plans this offseason? Gonna work on that shovel pass?

Again, I think it's a matter of scope. I don't think (most) people actually mean that the players are "low life's" compared to the people posting, I think they mean in comparison to other players.

Let's say I had a surgery and the surgeon made a few significant surgical mistakes. I might call the guy a quack. I don't mean that he's a "quack" compared to me. If he knows the proper way to scrub up and arrange the lighting in the operating room he knows more than I do already. What I mean is that he's a quack compared to his peers (of whom I am not one). That's kind of understood in my making of the statement. No reasonable person thinks I mean that I am a better surgeon than this guy. It is assumed that I mean that AMONG SURGEONS he's in the lowest range.

We expect professionals to be more skilled than us in the areas in which they specialize. That's how our society operates. If I can't cook well, it doesn't mean that I don't expect my meal to be good when I go eat at a restaurant. In fact, we expect that these professionals are getting paid because they are good at what they do. So to say that these guys are making a lot of money isn't reason to cut them more slack, it's actually reason to expect more from them.

I have a job in which people expect a certain service from me. That service involves a skill that none of my clients possesses. However, if I do a crappy job when they hire me and they call me out on the fact that I did a crappy job, it's not a valid response for me to say to them, "Well, you can't do better!" Of course they can't. That's why I'm getting paid to do it. That doesn't mean I didn't do my job to a crappy degree.

Anyone here that thinks Brandy isn't a turd in the context of being compared to his peers, in the profession that he has chosen is a turd themselves. There isn't a person on this forum that can play QB better than Brandy, and pointing that out is very helpful Capt Obvious. People that are calling him out for being a turd, lamo, idiot, moron, jackass, brain dead, ect.. are all doing so while comparing him to any other one of the 31 NFL QBs.....Duh.

Please add cheese to that burger for me! ;)

I made you a very special one, just for you.............enjoy

Anyone here that thinks Brandy isn't a turd in the context of being compared to his peers, in the profession that he has chosen is a turd themselves. There isn't a person on this forum that can play QB better than Brandy, and pointing that out is very helpful Capt Obvious. People that are calling him out for being a turd, lamo, idiot, moron, jackass, brain dead, ect.. are all doing so while comparing him to any other one of the 31 NFL QBs.....Duh.

He might even be the worst back up in the league as well which puts him at about 64th on the list of NFL QB's.

Please add cheese to that burger for me! ;)

not qualified to make a great burger. but i'm know to make a nice chocolate 'frosty' on monday morning after watching the turds play.

care for one in a cup?

sorry mine don't come cold.

Archived