THE BROWNS BOARD

Indianapolis's Luck Runs Out

Osiris

At this point it doesn't really matter where Indy"s pick ends up. The players in that range are all about the same.

Sounds about right

yeah it's right around the range of picking your franchise QB (weeden/browns @22) or a 15 year starting OL (decastro/piitspuke@24) or an impact LB (hightower/pats@25) in 2012.

scouting and a good FO makes all the difference in the world.

yeah it's right around the range of picking your franchise QB (weeden/browns @22) or a 15 year starting OL (decastro/piitspuke@24) or an impact LB (hightower/pats@25) in 2012.

scouting and a good FO makes all the difference in the world.

I'm not sold we have the guys to get the job done

Keeping in mind that while it is fun for the fans 2 hate on Campbell and Weeden that we had Little and Bess , two very substandard receivers, no running game and a week offensive line.

Move Mitchell Schwartz to guard add a blue chip receiver and a stud linebacker and tackle to the mix and I think the whole equation changes.

WSS

Keeping in mind that while it is fun for the fans 2 hate on Campbell and Weeden that we had Little and Bess , two very substandard receivers, no running game and a week offensive line.

WSS

Hoyer had the same crap to deal with

Hoyer had the same crap to deal with

And he had two, not 3, good games. Remember Brandon Weeden got us out of the hole after he went down and Jason Campbell had a couple of really outstanding outings. Yes I hope Brian Hoyer is the next Brian Sipe and not the next Kelly Holcomb.

still I believe that by building a powerful team we can get a lot better results no matter who the quarterback is. There's not one guy out there I feel can carry the team the way an Elway Brady or Manning can.

WSS

WSS

Move Mitchell Schwartz to guard add a blue chip receiver and a stud linebacker and tackle to the mix and I think the whole equation changes.

WSS

i don't disagree. but reading your posts i know you still have some love for weeden, so i'll keep this as nice as possible......

he can't read defenses and is awful in the pocket. i would have sent HIM on his way right after the stoolers game.

i actually think campbell is a better QB than what was shown because i think he was playing with dinged up ribs.

weeden has/had all the tools from the neck down. it's his stoopidity and lack of being able to throw anything but a fastball that made hoyer look like a pro-bowler in comparison.

Very little Mike. I think Brandon Weeden is one of those guys who's physically perfect for the job. A cannon for an arm and moves well at least at practice and preseason.

I think it was pretty clear this year that he wasn't able to adjust to the speed of the program on game day. Maybe because he's a little older, who knows and seriously who cares. But even though I don't think he has a future in the NFL don't forget that the entire scenario changes with just a handful of catches by Greg Little and a few sustained drives on the ground.

WSS

Very little Mike. I think Brandon Weeden is one of those guys who's physically perfect for the job. A cannon for an arm and moves well at least at practice and preseason.

I think it was pretty clear this year that he wasn't able to adjust to the speed of the program on game day. Maybe because he's a little older, who knows and seriously who cares. But even though I don't think he has a future in the NFL don't forget that the entire scenario changes with just a handful of catches by Greg Little and a few sustained drives on the ground.

WSS

I will take mentally perfect over physically perfect any day. Mentally perfect means having the capacity to adjust to compensate for your shortcomings, something Weeden could never do, as you pointed out.

How can a team owned by the those steaming pile of cow dung Ersays be so lucky.

It wasn't lucky. It was planned. The Colts purposely tanked nearly every game the season before Luck came out...specifically for the purpose of getting the #1 pick and taking him.

Their plan was highly successful.

It wasn't lucky. It was planned. The Colts purposely tanked nearly every game the season before Luck came out...specifically for the purpose of getting the #1 pick and taking him.

Their plan was highly successful.

Just like the Texans, this year!

Archived