THE BROWNS BOARD

What if all three QBs are gone?

jeffinwv

We take:

A) Clowney

B) Watkins

C) Carr

D) Trade down for a fortune. No less than this years first and second and next years first and third.

BPA....Clowney or Watkins. Would the front office be Retarded enough to reach for the next QB in line with #4? Good Lord I hope not. I think the FO will want to showcase Hoyer, if no "elite" QBs can be had at #4. It's obvious they take pride in finding diamonds in the rough (much like what they seem to be trying to do with the HC position, ala Andy Reid) and so far Hoyer seems to be one of these in the QB realm.

Bottom line, I hope Hoyer gets another shot to prove himself. Whether we take a QB at 1A, 1B, 2nd or 3rd round, they sit behind him for a while.

Mettenberger... the most improved college qb of 2013. He's a huge senior, 6-5 230, gunslinger not a runner thats still learning and getting better at the game and even though he got hurt, he's young and will heal just fine i hope. Could be the perfect guy to sit behind Hoyer half a season or whole season until he's completely healthy and confident. But then again that would be a 1 and 2 qb with torn acl's in their past.

Mettenberger... the most improved college qb of 2013. He's a huge senior, 6-5 230, gunslinger not a runner thats still learning and getting better at the game and even though he got hurt, he's young and will heal just fine i hope. Could be the perfect guy to sit behind Hoyer half a season or whole season until he's completely healthy and confident. But then again that would be a 1 and 2 qb with torn acl's in their past.

Mettenberger in the 3rd would be awesome.

Get Sam Watkin or Clowney at number 4.

Get either Derek Carr or A.J. McCarron with our second first rounder.

Pick Carlos Hyde at the top of the second.

We'll have a good stable of QBs. A good stable of RBs and one hell of a receiving corps.

FO- Don't overthink this, this one is an easy one, just do it.

Get Sam Watkin or Clowney at number 4.

Get either Derek Carr or A.J. McCarron with our second first rounder.

Pick Carlos Hyde at the top of the second.

We'll have a good stable of QBs. A good stable of RBs and one hell of a receiving corps.

FO- Don't overthink this, this one is an easy one, just do it.

only to you...

Mettenberger in the 3rd would be awesome.

Yeah i agree, i didn't mean with our top pick. Was just answering the question in the thread title, if those 3 are targets for our top pick and gone then we pick from the many others with a lower pick. I mentioned Mettenberger cause alot of guys love size and i love the fact he can still learn and improve. I don't want another Weeden type guy with all the tools but dumb as a box of rocks.

Has anyone seen Mettenberger throw the ball? Awful.

I only seen 2 of his games tbh, but i was impressed by him enough to google the guy and read some people see him as most improved qb of 2013. I don't know much about any of these guys, i'm a buckeye fan. i watch other guys when the buckeyes aren't on. Here's some of the guys highlights, what am i missing that makes him awful at throwing? Not being a smartass but i must be missing something that you're seeing.

crap nevermind link won't work

and lol nevermind, i was looking for a link that would work and seen what you mean, that is an awkward throwing motion if thats whats you mean.

I only seen 2 of his games tbh, but i was impressed by him enough to google the guy and read some people see him as most improved qb of 2013. I don't know much about any of these guys, i'm a buckeye fan. i watch other guys when the buckeyes aren't on. Here's some of the guys highlights, what am i missing that makes him awful at throwing? Not being a smartass but i must be missing something that you're seeing.

crap nevermind link won't work

and lol nevermind, i was looking for a link that would work and seen what you mean, that is an awkward throwing motion if thats whats you mean.

very wierd throwing motion....and when hes off, hes way off. I've seen him make throws that you wonder who it was even intended to....oh and there's this-http://fansided.com/2014/01/01/lsus-zach-mettenberger-ate-booger-outback-bowl-gif/ I guess if we want a project we could do worse....but he seems more Brock Osweiler than Joe Flacco to me.

very wierd throwing motion....and when hes off, hes way off. I've seen him make throws that you wonder who it was even intended to....oh and there's this-http://fansided.com/2014/01/01/lsus-zach-mettenberger-ate-booger-outback-bowl-gif/ I guess if we want a project we could do worse....but he seems more Brock Osweiler than Joe Flacco to me.

lmao, that link is killing me. poor guy i honestly don't know if i could watch him again after seeing that. Everytime he plays i'm gunna be thinkin "Booger" the guy in revenge of the nerds. At least we have a nickname for him already.

so which one next year are you guys going to have wet panties for and a "must get this guy". Every year there are QB's coming out. If we don't get our guy in the 1st round this year I am cool with that.

welp. there's the kiss of death.

thanks Po for the jinx.

Watkins for sure. I'm sure they already have their minds set on johnny football even before the combine. And in the event he is drafted before the Browns pick I'm sure they will handle it as professionaly as they have the head coach hunt.

so which one next year are you guys going to have wet panties for and a "must get this guy". Every year there are QB's coming out. If we don't get our guy in the 1st round this year I am cool with that.

Rakeem Cato out of Marshall. 6-0 185. I'm coming around to the idea of a smaller QB.

(said with dripping sarcasm)

Archived