THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Tom Brady the greatest of all time?

jeffinwv

Otto Graham is the best QB to ever play the game. I'd take a young Otto Graham over any player in the history of the NFL, Jim Brown, A.P. and Tom Brady included.

Greatest of all time? Obviously it can greatly be considered a subjective thing. Here is the raw data simply stating who won the most titles:

7 Otto Graham

5 Bart Starr

4 Sid Luckman

---Terry Bradshaw

---Joe Montana

3 John Unitas

---Troy Aikman

---Tom Brady

2 All of the following

John Elway

Roger Staubach

Jim Plunkett

Eli Manning

Bob Griese

Len Dawson

Tommy Thompson

Bobby Layne

Sammy Baugh

George Blanda

Ed Danowski

Arnie Herber

Norm Van Brocklin

Bob Waterfield

Jack Kemp

Tobin Rote

Ben Roethlisberger

Note: No Peyton Manning/Brett Favre/Dan Marino/Warren Moon/Fran Tarkenton/Dan Fouts/Jim Kelly

Others who have won one single championship:

Brett Favre

Peyton Manning

Kurt Warner

Joe Flacco

Steve Young

Joe Theismnn

Phil Simms

Jeff Hostetler

Drew Brees

Trent Dilfer

Mark Rypien

Aaron Rodgers

Doug Williams

Brad Johnson

Jim McMahon

Don Heinrich

Joe Namath

Glen Presnell

Irv Comp

Paul Christman

Ed Danowski

Bill Wade

Carl Brumbaugh

Frank Ryan

While that is a great way to look at it, and I often use it in arguments (because its the only way to get a Brown into the conversation), I dont think you can use that as a top case maker. As long as they have one they're in consideration. Total w/l is more important to me. QB rating is also more important.

While that is a great way to look at it, and I often use it in arguments (because its the only way to get a Brown into the conversation), I dont think you can use that as a top case maker. As long as they have one they're in consideration. Total w/l is more important to me. QB rating is also more important.

NO, QB rating is NOT important. If it were then we would have to include in the argument the likes of Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper, Matt Schaub, Chad Pennington, Tony Romo, Philip Rivers in the conversation of best all time as those are all in the Top 15 career.

No. Lets leave passer rating out.

Total yards and touchdowns are up there also. But thats if longevity is a defining factor.

Yea, if longevity is a factor....which carries with it the yards and TDs, then Moon, Testaverde, Bledsoe, and Kerry Collins would have to be in the discussion. So, obviously that alone cannot be a deciding factor.

Good QBs...maybe. Played a long time....had lots of yards and TD. Not elite.

Yea, if longevity is a factor....which carries with it the yards and TDs, then Moon, Testaverde, Bledsoe, and Kerry Collins would have to be in the discussion. So, obviously that alone cannot be a deciding factor.

Roman Gabriel comes to mind as an example.

No Super Bowls!

Cassell winning so many games with the Pats showed they are a very well built offense whoever is the QB.

I honestly think he is the most overrated QB in history and certainly isn't anywhere near Manning for me

I wonder if Peyton manning would agree and I'd say 100% he would absolutely dispute Tom Brady being called the most over rated qb of all time

Archived