THE BROWNS BOARD

why not at least call Shanahan?

jeffinwv

No way we bring a guy in that's won two superbowls by himself and another as the OC of the 94 49ers. The guy had two losing seasons in Denver and one of them was after back to back sb wins. He sucks. The 7 or 8 1,000 yrd runners he's found in the late rounds (including Alfred Morris). We don't need that garbage Here. He took a Washington team to the playoffs when they were as bad as the browns. Fuck him. We need Coachalishious from GB or Payton Mabnings Red Bull holder. Hell I'll take one of the high school coaches they are within weeks of interviewing before a proven HEAD coach.

If I was Haslem last thing I'd do is fire Banner and Lombadi

And get shanahan in here to turn things into a respectable organization. Denver would laugh at us before if we hire mike before McDaniels or case or chase or the guy that manning goes over the his gameplan with.

They don't want to talk to him the same reason they won't talk to Tressel. It leaves them no outs. If things go south quick and they will. The fan and media backlash will be less severe with a nameless nobody than a guy with a proven pedigree or fan favorite. This front office is freaking out right now. I'd bet money Lombardi has hit his wife or kids with the stress from work

i know we got burned by holmgren. but i would aplaude haslem if he met with shanahan and blindsided those two stupid fucks with pinkslips. have mike come in draft and coach. draft and coach. draft and coach. i know seems like a retro and new age system. Big draft tho. Who would u feel more comfy with drafting players. Mike shanahan or Lombardi and Banner? That's a real question people

Believe Me,Shanny has no interest in Cleveland...be hard pressed to find anyone that is...We'ere NFL coaching purgatory.

I like Shanahan. I questioned the offensive scheme in Washington a bit tho.

It was a WCO with some new age college stuff thrown in.

He frequently got away from the game plan it seemed like when they fell slightly behind. Almost like panic mode. But maybe it has a little to do with his son. Maybe more so with adjusting to RG3s strengths (or trying to). Seemed like cousins, not RG3, was shanahans type of guy.

Don't get me wrong, he'd top my wish list but he isn't coming here.

The multiple team Super Bowl stat is the only argument against bringing him to Cleveland.

I'm not saying I wouldn't support it and that he's a good coach with a proven track record but the multiple team thing is pretty strong. How many have even been successful the 2nd time around? Parcells got the Patriots to the Super Bowl but did shit in Dallas after that.

Archived