THE BROWNS BOARD

why not at least call Shanahan?

jeffinwv

i would absolutely take Shanahan if

1) he was even remotely willing to come here

2) he ran the offense like that old Broncos team he used to run. You know the one with a strong armed qb who could throw over the top but could also if needed throw it over the top but infront of the secondary.......and also a downhill punishing run game. That's AFC North ball. I'd take him.

He's burned out though for sure. He was with the Broncos for 13 years and than two years later picked up with the Redskins for the past 3. He's done for awhile.

This is really annoying. I'm not going to say names, but you want to get on board and support dogshit hires like Pat Shurmur and Chud but scoff at Mike Shanahan?

The multiple team Super Bowl stat is the only argument against bringing him to Cleveland.

My friends is a crazy supporter of the Redskins and while he by no means is an official expert on the team, I take his word on most things Redskins. I asked him about Shanny for this very same reason and he said the guy just seemed to totally lose his edge this season. It's a lot to type here, but he basically was telling me that by about week 6 Shanahan was completely checked out of the season. I understand Synder is a crazy owner and he was likely being undermined, but you have to fight as a coach which he clearly didn't do. Just because he was good in the past doesn't mean he hasn't let the game pass him by. His son was largely responsible for the offensive system in place there, not him.

Again, my friend is no beat reporter but the fact there haven't even been reports of people wanting to interview him leads me to believe what he's saying is true. I'd rather have a young, fiery coach than someone who is just a name.

Archived