THE BROWNS BOARD

So is it time for concern?

LBC mike

We are the last team without a HC. OC, DC. It is not looking good. Everyone is jumping ship on the coaching staff. Our FO is a group of crooks and two faced rats. All our our prospect coaching hires drop like flies.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24412973/report-broncos-oc-adam-gase-likely-to-turn-down-browns-if-offered

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concern? Hells yes.

1. Head Coach Search - prospective candidates that have already interviewed with the Browns are removing themselves from the process. Many candidates that the Browns have interviewed have taken positions with other teams. One of the key targets that the front office has been waiting to interview (Gase) may also remove himself from consideration before even being interviewed. The head coach position has been deemed "nuclear" - which is another way of saying it's toxic. This has been confirmed by Banner and Lombardi having to extend their search to include a Special Teams coach.

2. Free Agent Market - based on the aversion that head coaching candidates have had toward the Browns' HC job you can bet that any decent free agents will either a) not even consider the Browns, or b ) cost so much more beyond their actual worth to join the Browns that they severely reduce the Browns' ability to keep many of their key players that reach free agency next year.

This is the Titanic, and Banner and Lombardi are re-arranging the deck chairs.

We really don't know what's fact a what's fiction in this search. In all appearances, it looks awful right now but we don't really know what's going on or who the FO's favorite really is. Could take until after the Super Bowl until we find out.

We really don't know what's fact a what's fiction in this search. In all appearances, it looks awful right now but we don't really know what's going on or who the FO's favorite really is. Could take until after the Super Bowl until we find out.

It's past time for concern, BTW, that's Jimmy the Bozo owner in the middle, Bummer and Lobotomy fed him some piss poor information.

Healthywealthy.jpg

Come on, you have to get real about this total debacle. Mr. Zombo, who happens to be a Real Estate Agent can fill you in. If you're offering a property for sale, and the first 10 people who take a look at it all walk away- there's something wrong with the property.

You know what my guess is? Lobotomy guaranteed Haslam if he fired Chud he could get McDaniels to coach the Browns, well, that didn't happen. Haslam should have handed Lombardi his walking papers right then and there. Jimmuh has to know by now he fucked up majorly, and no amount of spin is going to placate the fans and players. In the meantime, they've gone though every viable NFL HC candidate for the Browns excluding Quinn and Gase, and I'm betting both of them will turn it down. Really, leave a Super Bowl level team to take over the Hot Mess that is currently masquerading as an NFL franchise in Cleveland?

Just wait until the post hiring presser- and turn on your spin-o-meter. Man, we really got the guy we wanted as head coach, Joe Blow from North Platte Community College, you may not have heard of him, but he's the only guy who would take the job. Or maybe he's going to hire that Dallas Special teams coach to bring along a few of the Cowboy Cheerleaders to dance naked at halftime to boost ticket sales.

It's past time for concern, BTW, that's Jimmy the Bozo owner in the middle, Bummer and Lobotomy fed him some piss poor information.

Healthywealthy.jpg

Come on, you have to get real about this total debacle. Mr. Zombo, who happens to be a Real Estate Agent can fill you in. If you're offering a property for sale, and the first 10 people who take a look at it all walk away- there's something wrong with the property.

You know what my guess is? Lobotomy guaranteed Haslam if he fired Chud he could get McDaniels to coach the Browns, well, that didn't happen. Haslam should have handed Lombardi his walking papers right then and there. Jimmuh has to know by now he fucked up majorly, and no amount of spin is going to placate the fans and players. In the meantime, they've gone though every viable NFL HC candidate for the Browns excluding Quinn and Gase, and I'm betting both of them will turn it down. Really, leave a Super Bowl level team to take over the Hot Mess that is currently masquerading as an NFL franchise in Cleveland?

Just wait until the post hiring presser- and turn on your spin-o-meter. Man, we really got the guy we wanted as head coach, Joe Blow from North Platte Community College, you may not have heard of him, but he's the only guy who would take the job. Or maybe he's going to hire that Dallas Special teams coach to bring along a few of the Cowboy Cheerleaders to dance naked at halftime to boost ticket sales.

So do you believe Haslam will ax Lombardi if shit gets fucking worse? He got rid of chud. If he does I might regain some faith in him as an owner. Banner is on the cliff in my opinion.

So do you believe Haslam will ax Lombardi if shit gets fucking worse? He got rid of chud. If he does I might regain some faith in him as an owner. Banner is on the cliff in my opinion.

It may partially depend on if Haslam offers Gase or Quinn stupid money to take over this mess- and they take the $$$$ and run. Should Lombardi blow the 2014 draft, (entirely possible) IMHO Haslam will have no choice but to eat crow, send Lombardi packing, and probably Banner along with him. Banner was on public record with the fans "well, you're not going to be happy about this, but I'm hiring the douche anyway."

PS, I'm expecting worse, hoping for better. I will quote what one supervisor put on an employee's annual job evaluation- and it applies to the current state of the Browns. "Has hit rock bottom, and started to dig."

On the news tonight - Gase probably not leaving Denver. Hell, why would he?

Meanwhile, even the Browns offensive line coach has another job, along with Horton,

and I think, Turner.

What a Haslam Swamp all of a sudden.

The trading for Bess, one month after getting in trouble with the law in Miami....

wasn't Chud.

Until Banner and Scumbardi are gone, Haslam's name is mud. Other teams are snapping up coaches.

Haslam should have known better. Hell, most folks on this board would have known better....

On the news tonight - Gase probably not leaving Denver. Hell, why would he?

Meanwhile, even the Browns offensive line coach has another job, along with Horton,

and I think, Turner.

What a Haslam Swamp all of a sudden.

The trading for Bess, one month after getting in trouble with the law in Miami....

wasn't Chud.

Until Banner and Scumbardi are gone, Haslam's name is mud. Other teams are snapping up coaches.

Haslam should have known better. Hell, most folks on this board would have known better....

Oh Mr. Continuity sold us fans down the river. That was the only thing lacking from the Browns Front Office- a little patience for results. They assembled an All-Star coaching staff- and now they're going to have to settle for third rate Pop Warner. Spin away Stooges.

Yep, Jimmy has done, or more accurately let someone else do, what even Art Modell couldn't do to me. Suck the brown and orange right out of me. I almost don't care anymore and that sucks.

Yep, Jimmy has done, or more accurately let someone else do, what even Art Modell couldn't do to me. Suck the brown and orange right out of me. I almost don't care anymore and that sucks.

Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy theyre way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

I dont think Haslem puts up with Lombanner much after this embarrassing circus act in Cleveland. Whoever the next coach is had better turn the team around because it will be the last coach those two hire while in Cleveland. They're fired along with their coach next time around, so take consolation in that.

It's unbelievable to me, how this franchise has become such an utter laughing stock. Before Haslam bought the team, there werer legitimate NFL coaches who wanted to be a part of this organization. Now...with the fiasco of firing Chud prematurely, and the cloud hanging over Haslam, nobody wants in, or even considers the job to be an opportunity. How do you fix something like this?....fire Banner and Lombardi immediately? I don't think that will repair the damage....just add to it. We want a good coach, but I don't know that any decent assistant, or experienced HC would even consider coming here. If it were up to me, I would hire Tressel...now...today. We know that he wants the job, and he would bring some respectability back. He certainly would not be my first choice, but what other option is there?....wait until all these other options turn us down, and then try to hire him? What a bunch of fucking geniuses!...Haslam?...goog business man? More like a good magician....he just made a billion dollars disappear in thin air.

If Gase and Quinn both turn down the Browns I don't think Haslam has has any options left.The only thing he could possibly do to bring back the fans and respectability is to throw a boatload of money at John Gruden, or a Bill Cowher and fire the other 2 Studges. If in his words money isn't an issue, he's running out of options.

Best option - Dan Quinn

Worst option - McDaniels puts his name back in the running.

Other options - Mike Munchak. Mike Pettine. Rich Bisaccia. We interview/hire Fangio or Roman.

None of these hires appear that great, but none are that bad. There are plenty of potential assistant coaches available to fill out our staff. "The sky is falling" view is a little overblown. Has anything really changed since day 1 of our coaching search? We lost Norv and Horton who were both as good as gone anyway, and according to the media McDaniels and Gase are gone. We missed out on Whisenhunt - who our FO obviously doesn't like anyway, and I don't blame them. Who else? Zimmer? Caldwell? O'brien? Jay Gruden?

We'll find our coach... will it be an upgrade over Chud? Probably... Will it be a great hire for the future of the Browns? Not sure at this point, but there are still good candidates available.

I think our patience as fans is being worn thin. With losing seasons and always seems we are always outside looking in and watching other teams doing good things. This situation is another thing that makes us seem not to have hope. Again.

One thing we may need to remember. Haslam is an inexperienced NFL good ole boy owner who relied on league to provide help to secure a front office. If a business executive isn't getting results , he's not going to hang around more than a year. (I'm grasping at anything I can to help justify the situation we're in even if I don't really believe it)

They give a player three weeks removed from the looney bin a big fat contract with years? Yea, Im starting to get fuckin concerned. Looks like Haz/FO have shot themselves in the foot again in the midst of the coach that saved Cleveland journey. Time to roll the dice again since the coaching market is getting thin. Gonna be interesting Thank Christ Browns have some cap money and a bunch of draft picks

btw admin.. why doesn't board support IE11 anymore

If Chud was so bad.....and it was obvious that he was not "the guy"....why didn't they fire him before the end of the season, and put Turner in as interim HC? That would have made a statement to the fans that it was not acceptable. Every move this management makes, represents them as bigger idiots than ever. I've tried to think positive...."maybe they had it planned this way all along"....."maybe Chud did something we don't know about".... I'm running out of excuses here.

Thats how Haslam and company want you to feel....this way they can buy their way out of the lease and move the team to LA..It's gonna happen.

Sure, that's why Haslam is sinking $60 million of his own money into stadium upgrades, so he can move the team to LA. Kindly get real. Even for a billionaire, that's not exactly chump change.

One thing we may need to remember. Haslam is an inexperienced NFL good ole boy owner who relied on help from the league to secure a front office. If a business executive isn't getting results , he's not going to hang around more than a year. (I'm grasping at anything I can to help justify the situation we're in even if I don't really believe it)

The red is better phrased. And I think you're in a large part right. This is Holmgren part 2. Haslam liked Banner, and then Bummer brings in all his old pals to work for him.

Nope. Not time for concern. The sky isn't falling.

The time to get concerned is if we offer jobs and get turned down.

Calm down folks. We will have a head coach and won't have any problem filling the staff with qualified coaches. You guys are acting like the new HC was going to keep all of the bums who filled the last staff.

I wouldn't want them...they coached our players to 4 wins.

That sucks in anybodys book.

Archived