THE BROWNS BOARD

cdl15

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Browns fans!

The offseason has been upon us for a few weeks now and that leaves many threads to fill in the mean time. I'm a Saints fan and on our forums someone brought up how some GMs would possibly trade their top CB for Richard Sherman of Seattle. Bucs, Cards and Browns were brought up. That had me wondering, would you fans make the trade of Joe Haden for Richard Sherman?

I've been a fan of Haden and respect his level of play, I personally wouldn't that trade.

For whoever replies, thank you :D

There isn't a sane person alive who wouldn't make that trade. Sherman is only one year older, a full half a foot taller, and is currently the best corner in the league and sent his team to the Super Bowl.

Haden is good. Sherman is great.

And I would have said this at the beginning of the season as well.

No.

Loved this! and i am enraged by all the hatred for him. So many people who dont know jack shit about football are spewing out their opinions on what he did... calling him a thug.. and classless. HES THE BEST CORNER IN THE GAME! and not only that but he grew up in Compton, was 2nd in his hs class and then got a 4.2 gpa at Stanford! how do you not love everything about this guy! he was even smart enough to not swear on live TV! Just listen to Crabtree talk and tell me whos the thug. Sherman plays with the same passion and toughness that Brady does and I love it. I hope Joe Haden starts doing this once he starts getting actual interviews (that might take a couple years...)

The only thing I'd say about this is a sign of being truly great is being humble. I have no problem with being cocky and talking shit on the field but again you have to draw the line somewhere. Sherman right now is the best corner in the NFL but the way he acted whether you agree with or not makes the Seahawks organization look bad. You would never see Peyton Manning or Calvin Johnson do something like this. Frankly I don't care about this too much but I can see why people are upset it.

The only thing I'd say about this is a sign of being truly great is being humble. I have no problem with being cocky and talking shit on the field but again you have to draw the line somewhere. Sherman right now is the best corner in the NFL but the way he acted whether you agree with or not makes the Seahawks organization look bad. You would never see Peyton Manning or Calvin Johnson do something like this. Frankly I don't care about this too much but I can see why people are upset it.

OK. So if you were an NFL player that made the game winning play 1 minute prior that sends your team to the SB you would be calm and monotone.

He didn't say anything profane or bad, so it's fine.

OK. So if you were an NFL player that made the game winning play 1 minute prior that sends your team to the SB you would be calm and monotone.

He didn't say anything profane or bad, so it's fine.

That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy and even yelling, but I'd repeat 100 times that a sign of being truly great is being humble off the field. I'd bet my left nut that if Peyton had a feud with Sherman and threw the game winning TD on him he wouldn't act that way. It's not a crazy concept, and Sherman has plenty of time to figure it out.

I don't disagree with what Mikey said there either. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me personally what the guy said. I'd take Sherman on the Browns in a heartbeat.

Why bother with such a hypothetical. Why not just ask: would you trade your wife for Kaley Cuoco. Silly to even bother.

Why spend hours on useless trivia questions that only three people end up answering?

At least this is about roster management and current NFL players. Stop being a dickbag.

That's not what I said in the slightest. I'm not saying I wouldn't have been happy and even yelling, but I'd repeat 100 times that a sign of being truly great is being humble off the field. I'd bet my left nut that if Peyton had a feud with Sherman and threw the game winning TD on him he wouldn't act that way. It's not a crazy concept, and Sherman has plenty of time to figure it out.

I don't disagree with what Mikey said there either. At the end of the day it doesn't bother me personally what the guy said. I'd take Sherman on the Browns in a heartbeat.

The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

The problem with that comparison is that one is a quarterback and one is a cornerback.

You try and play corner with Peyton's demeanor and you get beat 11 times out of 10,

Defensive players have to be fired up. There's no two ways around it.

Not to mention that Peyton's demeanor, although classy, has won him 1 super bowl... thats it.

“Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had freekin Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback.”

I agree hes a great player but think he showed a lack of class.Like someone said lets say manning thows the winning td in super bowl and lets say he throws it shermans way. Do you think manning in post game interview would talk like some classless thug? Maybe crabtree had said something but a man with class would LAUGH it off and be happy headed to the super bowl.

Archived