THE BROWNS BOARD

Message to Haslam:

lodilobo

There will come a time and place when there will be a winning football team on the shores of Lake Erie, and although some might say "As long as we win I could care less what our name or colors are" (something I have even said from time to time) that is total bull shit...there is NO way any Browns fan would not die a little inside if that were not the Browns hoisting up a super bowl trophy for the city of Cleveland.

I am part of the generation of fans that has not seen a winner, being 30 years old my browns memories are of the drive, fumble, move and the horrors of 99 and on...I do not want the "Cleveland Buzzards" or "Cleveland Walleye" or whatever name they will come up with to win...I want to see the Cleveland Browns win, like my grandfather did, like my dad did. Its legacy is a connection to a past that I can only hear or read about.

If they ever do change it I will still be a fan of course (go Cleveland) but when they win, what was the "Browns" will only be remembered as a contrast to that success, which would not cure any heartbreak- only validate that the "Browns" were worth giving up on...and let me be one "young" Browns fan that says...SCREW THAT

GO BROWNS!

Archived