THE BROWNS BOARD

So how did Haslam know to hire Banner?

BrownsKidd

So does anyone know how Haslam decided on Banner as his choice to run the Browns? How does a new owner go about deciding who he is going to hire to run the team; word of mouth, interviews, your brother-in-law's cousin? How exactly did Haslam come to the conclusion to hire Banner as his man.

From my perspective, Banner didn't seem to come with a lot of fanfare from Browns fans and from media outlets?

I guess another way to ask is this, How did Banner get hired? And let's not fill this with answer that say "Because Haslam Sucks, blah blah blah"... Someone give me something to really chew on here, okay.

So does anyone know how Haslam decided on Banner as his choice to run the Browns? How does a new owner go about deciding who he is going to hire to run the team; word of mouth, interviews, your brother-in-law's cousin? How exactly did Haslam come to the conclusion to hire Banner as his man.

From my perspective, Banner didn't seem to come with a lot of fanfare from Browns fans and from media outlets?

I guess another way to ask is this, How did Banner get hired? And let's not fill this with answer that say "Because Haslam Sucks, blah blah blah"... Someone give me something to really chew on here, okay.

This was asked and answered elsewhere here today. Haslam and Banner/Lombardi were connected with one another by the Commissioners office.

Among many other things the Commissioner's office serves as a kind of "Clearing House' for personell around the league:

People interested in perhaps becoming a majority or even a minority owner are vetted by the Commish.

Front Office types...GMs/Club Prez etc. essentially keep a resume on hand with the Commish..and if anyone is looking to fill a FO job, the Commish can look in his drawer for the "Resume" file and pull one out and give it to any interested party.

That method....and the "Good Ole Boy" network is how guys get jobs. Haslam turned to Robert Kraft for guidance about his team and the Mike Lombardi name popped up. Banner may have also had some prior working relationship with Lombardi. Not sure.

They met on the schoolyard. Joe was quite popular in his younger days.

bannerbmh.jpg

This was asked and answered elsewhere here today. Haslam and Banner/Lombardi were connected with one another by the Commissioners office.

Among many other things the Commissioner's office serves as a kind of "Clearing House' for personell around the league:

People interested in perhaps becoming a majority or even a minority owner are vetted by the Commish.

Front Office types...GMs/Club Prez etc. essentially keep a resume on hand with the Commish..and if anyone is looking to fill a FO job, the Commish can look in his drawer for the "Resume" file and pull one out and give it to any interested party.

That method....and the "Good Ole Boy" network is how guys get jobs. Haslam turned to Robert Kraft for guidance about his team and the Mike Lombardi name popped up. Banner may have also had some prior working relationship with Lombardi. Not sure.

Thanks for a serious answer... Did Haslam consider anyone else that we know of?

Thanks for a serious answer... Did Haslam consider anyone else that we know of?

Not that we know of.

The league looks for new owners to pair up with people that need work

It happened when Lerner got the "NEW" Browns. The league needed to get Carmen Policy a job and "POOF" he was with Lerner

banner was the guy that put the eagles org where they are today. lombardi got fired from some team (raiders) and was on the NFL network for a couple of years spoutin all his knowledge as a former GM.

so haslam thought hiring a guy that orchestrated the hiring of a dog killer that hasn't made it through a whole season since his rookie year and a loudmouth know-it-all to be his FO.

too many mint juleps or whatever bourbon they are sippin on in tennessee.

i think he promoted a night shift employee from one of his truck stops from being manager of the month for selling the most beef jerky and sunglases to the guy that now scouts for our future talent.

YIPPEE!!!

Archived