THE BROWNS BOARD

FA's worth a look?

7moses7

I think Alex smith is a very average but efficient QB.

I think Andy Reid had a lot more to do with it than smith.

Maybe, in that he realized the wealth of talent on his defense and let them win games.

When you have a defense as talented as the Chiefs' defense, you don't need a high powered offense to win. You don't need a quarterback to take unnecessary risks. You just need an efficient game manager, which Alex Smith is.

Smith had plenty of strong, strong performances this year (Oakland coming to mind), but his biggest asset is the limited amount of turnovers he yields.

Its a similar situation as Seattle's, hence the reason they are #1 and #2 in turnover differential.

Reid recognized the strong points of this team and played to their advantages. There wasn't a lot of roster turnover from the previous regime, which points to better coaching. Their main acquisition was Smith, a guy who had been written off as falling short of expectations.

Put any other quarterback from their history behind center this year and the Cheifs don't fare as well, I'm sure of it. Same goes for coaching, put any other coach on their sidelines and I don't think they are quite as successful. This was the perfect marriage.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived