THE BROWNS BOARD

Could Kirk Cousins Follow Kyle Shanahan to the Browns?

DieHardBrownsFan

So will picking a Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, or Akilli Smith. If you deem the talent there, go for it- if not, pass. Jameis Winston is better than any of the"franchise qbs" in this years draft- probably Mairotta too.

Yea, it is a concern that that is what this QB crop could turn into.

But then, some say that Winston has a lot of Jamarcus Russell in him

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So will picking a Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, or Akilli Smith. If you deem the talent there, go for it- if not, pass. Jameis Winston is better than any of the"franchise qbs" in this years draft- probably Mairotta too.

Well it certainly put them one step closer to Phillip Rivers, Matt Stafford, Kurt Warner/Carson Palmer, and Andy Dalton. Gotta keep swinging. I have no aspirations of picking top 5 again next year so those two guys are not options next year...and I wouldn't say they are any better than what's available this year. Winston seems dumb as a box of rocks and Mariota isnt any bigger than Bridgewater and Manziel.

Weren't those guys seen as better prospects then this years draft?

Maybe not Akili but certainly the others.

WSS

Figure out who your favorite is, determine his value, make sure u get him. Period.

sure. let's stop fucking around and risking another top 4 pick with someone who is just over-inflated with hype and do something smart for a change.

how about the idea of having hoyer as your starting QB next year? do you want me to pull up all your posts on how you had a boner for him last year we he won 2 flipping games?

there is NO guarantee that any of these little fucking bugs will ever make it in the NFL. NONE. if so, show me the proof? you can't because they haven't even taken a snap in the big boy league.

take watkins or clowney or matthews depending what you think is the most critical position that needs to be filled. then bide your time @26 and if you see a bortles still on the board @ 20 use a draft pick and move up to get him. then go about your biz as usual.

this psychobabble freakish speed induced frenzy that we have to pick a FRANCHISE qb @4 is just ridiculous.

ok johnnyfootball fans.........if we do get him (and there better be any trades ivolved) do you think we automatically are a playoff contender? NO! WRONG! if anything we let him (or any other qb) sit and learn until god forbid hoyer does a 180 slide on his face again and then all of a sudden our backup will have to come in and play. well are all you fags willing to risk the next 5 years of our upswing to be cut down by a jj watts or an orakapo (god forbid suh) with a hit on an ice skater?

5 years is a lifetime in this league and if things don't work out as planned be ready for an owner that wants to sell the team, everyone top to bottom fired and the franchise paying for a hover-round with oxygen tank and iv support systems for our #1 pick.

stay pat, use our picks on everything else a QB (unless the diamond in the rough is there @26) and look at next year's QB class, which IMO will easily outweigh these over-hyped little sparrows.

sure. let's stop fucking around and risking another top 4 pick with someone who is just over-inflated with hype and do something smart for a change.

how about the idea of having hoyer as your starting QB next year? do you want me to pull up all your posts on how you had a boner for him last year we he won 2 flipping games?

there is NO guarantee that any of these little fucking bugs will ever make it in the NFL. NONE. if so, show me the proof? you can't because they haven't even taken a snap in the big boy league.

take watkins or clowney or matthews depending what you think is the most critical position that needs to be filled. then bide your time @26 and if you see a bortles still on the board @ 20 use a draft pick and move up to get him. then go about your biz as usual.

this psychobabble freakish speed induced frenzy that we have to pick a FRANCHISE qb @4 is just ridiculous.

ok johnnyfootball fans.........if we do get him (and there better be any trades ivolved) do you think we automatically are a playoff contender? NO! WRONG! if anything we let him (or any other qb) sit and learn until god forbid hoyer does a 180 slide on his face again and then all of a sudden our backup will have to come in and play. well are all you fags willing to risk the next 5 years of our upswing to be cut down by a jj watts or an orakapo (god forbid suh) with a hit on an ice skater?

5 years is a lifetime in this league and if things don't work out as planned be ready for an owner that wants to sell the team, everyone top to bottom fired and the franchise paying for a hover-round with oxygen tank and iv support systems for our #1 pick.

stay pat, use our picks on everything else a QB (unless the diamond in the rough is there @26) and look at next year's QB class, which IMO will easily outweigh these over-hyped little sparrows.

Missing on first round QBs doesnt hamstring franchises like it did 5 years ago. The rookie wage scale changed everything. No, I dont believe its guaranteed that if we get one of these guys we are a lock for the playoffs no matter what. No matter who we pick, be it Clowney, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews, Barr, they all have inherent risks. But I can guarantee that if we do hit on a QB, we're perennial contenders for the next 5-6 years at least. I cant say that with any other position. Honestly, Id be excited as fuck if we draft anything other than a QB at 4. That means the front office has a lot more faith in Hoyer than I do, and they believe hes the real deal. I certainly hope thats the case.

HHard to argue that fact with 3 or 4 qb injuries last year.

QB injuries doesnt necessarily indicate bad OLine play. Neither does sacks. Its all about the QB feeling the pressure and getting the ball out quick. Its the unit playing as a whole. I said we have better personnel on the line than the Broncos, not that they have performed any better. One weak link can make the unit look bad, and that includes the QB.

QB injuries doesnt necessarily indicate bad OLine play. Neither does sacks. Its all about the QB feeling the pressure and getting the ball out quick. Its the unit playing as a whole. I said we have better personnel on the line than the Broncos, not that they have performed any better. One weak link can make the unit look bad, and that includes the QB.

Beat protectionwe had last year is when Barniage was in helping blocking.

Archived