THE BROWNS BOARD

Tajh Boyd's Falling Stock makes him more of a Steal?

cdl15

Im still trying to figure out why some people want to pass on the highest rated QBs this year to roll with our third stringer from last year...

I think it's more that Consumer Reports thing. You have your list of products and the first five are all recommended but the number one cost twice as much as the number 3 rated product so the number 3 rated product is considered a Best Buy. The difference and quality seems to be minimal. Make sense?

You get the number 3 TV and you have enough money still to buy the sofa and love seat. Or you get the number one (almost identical in quality) and sit on the floor to watch it.

WSS

I think it's more that Consumer Reports thing. You have your list of products and the first five are all recommended but the number one cost twice as much as the number 3 rated product so the number 3 rated product is considered a Best Buy. The difference and quality seems to be minimal. Make sense?

You get the number 3 TV and you have enough money still to buy the sofa and love seat. Or you get the number one (almost identical in quality) and sit on the floor to watch it.

WSS

I guess Im tired of buying the value tv's. You have to deal with lower quality, then we have to replace them every couple years because they broke, so I want the best one available.

I guess Im tired of buying the value tv's. You have to deal with lower quality, then we have to replace them every couple years because they broke, so I want the best one available.

And sometimes the tv u have is better than any high priced tv out there. Maybe gettin another durable tv could be the smart thing to do?

Bottom line is if we take care of all other needs on this team with this draft and the absolute missing piece is a qb. Then it would be much easier to persuade me to sell out the entire draft for a qb. Sorry this isn't the year to do that.

And sometimes the tv u have is better than any high priced tv out there. Maybe gettin another durable tv could be the smart thing to do?

Bottom line is if we take care of all other needs on this team with this draft and the absolute missing piece is a qb. Then it would be much easier to persuade me to sell out the entire draft for a qb. Sorry this isn't the year to do that.

With six pro bowlers, a top 5 reciever, maybe the best left tackle, an up and coming TE, a revamped defense from last year, 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, the second most cap space in the league, and the QB position being the one thing from being perennial contenders, I dont know if a team has ever been in a position they need to sell out for a QB more.

With six pro bowlers, a top 5 reciever, maybe the best left tackle, an up and coming TE, a revamped defense from last year, 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, the second most cap space in the league, and the QB position being the one thing from being perennial contenders, I dont know if a team has ever been in a position they need to sell out for a QB more.

All of that and yet browns have the worst run game in history most dropped passes again. I'm not to sure a qb woulda changed a lot last year.

Why do you think Gordon got open deep so often last year? Nobody respected the QBs. Everyone we played stacked the box and made us throw. Us not a having a fullback or any guards worth a damn certainly didn't help. Also not saying we dont have other problems, but we have other avenues with which we can address them. I am against giving up a ton to move up from 4, but if we can move up with multiple picks in the third or later then we should absolutely do it, or stay at 4 and take BPA, then possibly trade up from 26.

Safeties crept up against us non stop on 1st down. We were in 3 WR sets a lot and I believe we only ran on third down like 10% of the time so its a situational thing. I believe the Redskins moved up from like 7 or 8 not from 4. If were really sold on a guy I wouldnt mind moving up for #26. We swapped with the Vikings for what a 5th and 7th to go from 4th to 3rd?

Safeties crept up against us non stop on 1st down. We were in 3 WR sets a lot and I believe we only ran on third down like 10% of the time so its a situational thing. I believe the Redskins moved up from like 7 or 8 not from 4. If were really sold on a guy I wouldnt mind moving up for #26. We swapped with the Vikings for what a 5th and 7th to go from 4th to 3rd?

We swapped first rounders, gave them a 4th, a 5th, and a 7th for a player the Vikings were not drafting.

The Redskins went from 6 to 2. It cost them 2012, 2013, and 2014 first round picks as well as their 2013 2nd rounder.

If the Browns are moving up it would have to be to the first overall pick and if I'm Houston I'm expecting at least 3 first rounders after the debacle two years ago. Unless ur the Browns whom make the right moves trading down for the wrong prices tho.

the Browns don't have just one "need guy".

Luck is the type of "can't miss".

Manziel is more the type of "roll the dice" kid.

You don't trade up for a roll of the dice. Only trade

up for a locked up sure bet.

A long way to go before the draft. All I said was that we need to do what it takes to get our guy. Who knows if we'll need to move up. Maybe we only need to get to 2 so were ahead of Jax

Funny thing is do we really need to get ahead of jax or Oakland for that matter? It's not like those franchises are really good at selecting Qbs either. I doubt any team is like " man we r going to lose out on our guy because Cle, Jax, or Oak always steals the for sure thing." And if they do it's 100%%%%%%%% LUCK

So you're saying Hoyer is better than every QB in this draft?

I'd place a nice little wager that he isn't.

Sure, let's stock up on everything else this year and then the absolute missing piece to take in 2015 will be QB, since all of the picks are guaranteed to not be busts. We'll have a complete roster with no holes except the figurehead offensive position, and then we can just take all QB's in 2015 to ensure we get the right guy.

It's not like Haden, Rubin, Sheard, Cameron, Little, Groves, Lewis, Hoyer, Gipson, Pinkston and Skrine all don't have contracts expiring next year or anything.

Troy Smith is also easily just as good as, if not better than, any quarterback we've had on our roster in that past 5-10 years, so that's not really a good comparison for an argument against his potential.

4-4 as a starter, 8 TD, 5 INT, 1734 yards, and a rating of 78.5. Never had a losing season as a starter. Never had a multi INT game.

That's a quality backup.

In his worst game, he went 16-31 for 148 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT for a rating of 51.

Weeden already has 4 games worse than that.

I don't see the fuss, the chances of a 5th round player making an impact are already slim. These rounds are normally reserved for depth and prayer picks. Boyd will certainly be the most talented player available. That's a move good franchises make.

And comparing Smith to our past QBs is not exactly a ringing endorsement for Tajh.

You say "prayer"; I say "educated guess"... You take the most talented player available with every pick. You draft players that you believe will develop into starters for you you at some point in the future; that other teams are undervaluing for whatever reason. Then you set about developing them... mentally... physically... both...

The only thing that should change as the rounds roll by is the length of the development timeline. In the mean time you get the "trainee" to contribute however he can... Special Teams... Scout Team...

I simply do not see Boyd ever rising to be my starter... just as I never saw Smith doing so. So unless he/ they are willing to pull a Joe Theisman and return punts for me, I will look to FA's for my back ups.

On the other hand, if I see a QB I think will develop, then I will draft him late and give him time to develop. I come up with at least one nearly every year. The last QB to fill that bill for me was Nick Foles. This year it was McCarron, but given that he withdrew from the "Whatever Bowl", I am having to reconsider.

Tajh Boyd isn't good. He'd be our 3rd string quarterback.

Let's risk the pick on a position it may actually benefit, because we won't win the SB with a 3rd string QB.

Agree... What WSH did with RG3 and Cousins is hardly a model to emulate. There will be Undrafted FA's and Veteran FA's avialble for back up Duty.

Contrary to what some seem to believe we are not so close to being a "contender" that we can fritter away a 4th or 5th round pick on a player that will never play for us.

Im still trying to figure out why some people want to pass on the highest rated QBs this year to roll with our third stringer from last year...

Because our 3rd stinger showed that without a doubt that he should have been our Day 1 starter?

... and 2 posts later you were listing our other many deficiencies... Which is it?

Not many other deficiencies. #2 WR, FB, #2TE, LG, ILB, and #2 Corner. All of those pale in comparison to our need for a QB. I believe if we had top 15 QB play, we make the playoffs with the current roster. My point is that we have plenty of options for other positions if we feel we need to move up to secure our guy.

So you're saying Hoyer is better than every QB in this draft?

I'd place a nice little wager that he isn't.

Sure, let's stock up on everything else this year and then the absolute missing piece to take in 2015 will be QB, since all of the picks are guaranteed to not be busts. We'll have a complete roster with no holes except the figurehead offensive position, and then we can just take all QB's in 2015 to ensure we get the right guy.

It's not like Haden, Rubin, Sheard, Cameron, Little, Groves, Lewis, Hoyer, Gipson, Pinkston and Skrine all don't have contracts expiring next year or anything.

I never said that. But since ur so smug on offering a "nice little wager" like u know more than the next....lol. how do u rate these things? Stats next year? Hell Hoyer maybe the only one starting season out of so said variables.

My point was just because we need a "franchise qb" does not mean we have to get one from the top of the draft. For god sakes some due diligents can go a long way from this team. Now if u wanted to say 3 Qbs from latter rounds or nfl team benches will have better careers than the big 3 at the top right now. U probably wouldn't be so fucking smug.

TCPO says "I'm important damn it!". And everyone just laughs and goes about adult business

I never said that. But since ur so smug on offering a "nice little wager" like u know more than the next....lol. how do u rate these things? Stats next year? Hell Hoyer maybe the only one starting season out of so said variables.

My point was just because we need a "franchise qb" does not mean we have to get one from the top of the draft. For god sakes some due diligents can go a long way from this team. Now if u wanted to say 3 Qbs from latter rounds or nfl team benches will have better careers than the big 3 at the top right now. U probably wouldn't be so fucking smug.

TCPO says "I'm important damn it!". And everyone just laughs and goes about adult business

Actually, it is exactly what you said.

Unless you don't understand similes, which is certainly a possibility judging from literally everything you've ever said on here.

So you're too much of a pussy to put your money where your mouth is...just like I figured.

Moving on.

Actually, it is exactly what you said.

Unless you don't understand similes, whicS&is certainly a possibility judging from literally everything you've ever said on here.

So you're too much of a pussy to put your money where your mouth is...just like I figured.

Moving on.

No Dough boy!! Every qb in the draft??? U think every qb in the draft is better than Hoyer? That's what ur sayin? Might wanna move a skittle or two I said there is SOMETIMES<<<(KEY WORD HERE STAYPUFFED) tv u have (hoyer ) is better than the HIGH PRICED tv out there(Bortles, Manziel, or Bridgewater).

I think it's a legitimate possibility but I'm not betting on that. What if one of them goes to a much much much better situation like Houston.

Just SHHHHHHHHH.....no need to reply...we good tcpo....we good.

I guess Im tired of buying the value tv's. You have to deal with lower quality, then we have to replace them every couple years because they broke, so I want the best one available

No Dough boy!! Every qb in the draft??? U think every qb in the draft is better than Hoyer? That's what ur sayin? Might wanna move a skittle or two I said there is SOMETIMES<<<(KEY WORD HERE STAYPUFFED) tv u have (hoyer ) is better than the HIGH PRICED tv out there(Bortles, Manziel, or Bridgewater).

I think it's a legitimate possibility but I'm not betting on that. What if one of them goes to a much much much better situation like Houston.

Just SHHHHHHHHH.....no need to reply...we good tcpo....we good.

Right.

So:

High priced TV (H) = Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater.

The three highest ranked prospects of this draft. Logically, by being higher ranked, they are better than all of the other prospects in this draft.

TV we already have (P) = Hoyer

Durable TV (D) = all of the other prospects in the draft.

So you're saying Hoyer, the TV we already have and represented by P, is better than the High Priced TV, represented by H. And that it would be "smarter" to take a Durable TV, which would then, assumedly, be any other quarterback in the draft not named Manziel, Bridgewater, or Bortles.

So H>D, and P>H. Therefore, P>D

It's called the Transitive Property and we teach it to elementary schoolchildren, yet you seem unable to grasp it.

Or if you want to play the "sometimes" argument...sometimes 6th round quarterbacks turn into Tom Brady. So we should probably just take every quarterback that's available in the 6th round, right?

Solid reasoning. You're really showing how much you contribute to this board. Really, keep it coming.

Archived