THE BROWNS BOARD

what is paytons legacy now?

jeffinwv

When you run the same 3 plays on offense and you give the best defense 2 weeks to play against those 3 plays................It's not going to work

Denver NEVER threw deep, they ran that same crossing 2 yard routes all day. It was the Seahawks DREAM.

Anyone on this forum could see this , but Manning thought he could beat them with this flawed play call

I guess we are smarter then Manning

Denver threw shorter than any other NFL team.

Seattle knew it, prepared for it, and Denver threw right into their expectations.

Seattle, especially their coaching, is way better than Denver's.

I was hoping for a better game, but denver was entirely outmatched here.

Also, its Peyton. Not a stickler but everyone knows that.

When you run the same 3 plays on offense and you give the best defense 2 weeks to play against those 3 plays................It's not going to work

Denver NEVER threw deep, they ran that same crossing 2 yard routes all day. It was the Seahawks DREAM.

Anyone on this forum could see this , but Manning thought he could beat them with this flawed play call

I guess we are smarter then Manning

3 deep safeties doesn't exactly invite throwing deep, especially with 2 probowl safeties. The defense dictated where the ball went

3 deep safeties doesn't exactly invite throwing deep, especially with 2 probowl safeties. The defense dictated where the ball went

Yea except peyton manning has thrown shorter than every other QB this entire year. Denver is #1 in YAC. It wasn't just this game with 2 pro bowl safeties.

So you think they should've stopped doing what got them to the superbowl against a D were short passes are your best chance. Makes since

It's not like he didn't try going deep at all, they just weren't completed

Thats interesting that Manning has thrown more short passes than any other QB though...isn't that the big knock on the Carr kid?

Peyton wasnt the cause for most of that.

He isnt on kick coverage

He cant play O Line too so he doesnt get hit while throwing

He cant snap it to himself so the center doesnt mess up

He cant make Thomas hold on to the damn ball

He was not completely on, no. But it wasnt near as much his fault as people are making it seem.

So you think they should've stopped doing what got them to the superbowl against a D were short passes are your best chance. Makes since

It's not like he didn't try going deep at all, they just weren't completed

Thats interesting that Manning has thrown more short passes than any other QB though...isn't that the big knock on the Carr kid?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, and Denver's receivers are super talented which helps on the short passes. But they kept doing the same game plan well after seattle shut it down.

Seattle's defense is also super talented.

Peyton had less time than usual, IMO that's the only way to beat peyton.

Peyton didn't play a good game though, its not his fault entirely obviously, but he didn't play good. There's no refuting he isn't great by anybody. Today he was bad.

like i always say

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

passing league and fagboy QB talk ain't got nothing on a 6' 3" 250 pound safety that will crack you in half when you come across the middle or a pass rush that has you look like the lead penguin in 'happy feet'.

now od you little fags realize why i like clowney @4?

like i always say

passing league and fagboy QB talk ain't got nothing on a 6' 3" 250 pound safety that will crack you in half when you come across the middle or a pass rush that has you look like the lead penguin in 'happy feet'.

I'd be perfectly fine with us building a truly stout defense and worrying about the offense later.

I'd be perfectly fine with us building a truly stout defense and worrying about the offense later.

we have enough picks if used wisely to do a little on both sides. but why not finish one side of the ball with your prime picks? the defense is much closer to being finished with a couple of high draft picks and a FA signing here or there.

guess banner was kicking himself in the ass when we didn't acquire avril from detroit after seeing his performance tonite.

instead we got kreuger. weep wop.

we have enough picks if used wisely to do a little on both sides. but why not finish one side of the ball with your prime picks? the defense is much closer to being finished with a couple of high draft picks and a FA signing here or there.

guess banner was kicking himself in the ass when we didn't acquire avril from detroit after seeing his performance tonite.

We have enough picks and cap space to improve on both sides. But you're right in that the defense is closer to being a top of the league unit then the offense. I'd stick with Hoyer, pick another QB in the mid rounds (Boyd if he's truly going to fall), and play kick ass defense and see what happens.

like i always say

I don't think clowney will fall to 4. I'm also big on dennard who I don't think will fall to #26 either.

I think the main reason more people haven't mentioned clowney is one of the 3 teams above us will take him.

But I'm not a pro scout like Mike H, so my opinion in February is irrelevant.

lol....at zumbo

LOL... "zumbo"... gotta remember that...

Peyton had less time than usual, IMO that's the o.nly way to beat peyton.

In general it's the only way to beat any top QB. It's just easier to beat Peyton with pressure because he's at that immobile, nearing-the-end-of-his-career stage.

So your plan is to put Clowney at Safety? BRILLIANT!

I'm starting to feel this way also. We can still end up with a QB and improve our D.

Archived