THE BROWNS BOARD

what is paytons legacy now?

jeffinwv

Well its easier to get a great defensive player in later rounds than a great Offensive player. IMO.I know I know everyone can point to Offensive players that are hall of famers that came in later rounds.But its easier to get a starting safety in the 3rd round than a starting QB.

If Cleveland builds defenise and pushes their record to 7-9,8-8,9-7 then its much much harder to get the QB and WR that are most likely to be great players.

If they improve D this year they will likely draft lower next year and the QB,s will be gone

Ok so when Denver wins (weakest strength of schedule in the NFL FYI) it is Manning's glorious win. When they lose it was the team played like shit. I called it, he is NOT the same player. Where are all the sports people now, while we had to endure hours upon hours of St. Manning. Now the team played horrible agreed, but if there is one single player that deserves the blame it's him. He calls 75% of the plays for fuck sake. Congrats Seattle.

LOL... "zumbo"... gotta remember that...

In general it's the only way to beat any top QB. It's just easier to beat Peyton with pressure because he's at that immobile, nearing-the-end-of-his-career stage.

So your plan is to put Clowney at Safety? BRILLIANT!

Hell yea.

I always get flamed for this, but Manning is the best regular season player of all time at the QB position but just mediocre in the big games. Before you all start saying 'oh I'd take for the Browns anyway' of course I would too. From a pure talent standpoint you could make a logical case he's the best QB to ever play the game. But come on, when are people going to stop making excuses for his sub-par playoff performances? There's no doubt the guy is a 1st ballot HOF player and I'm glad he has a ring, but a lot of someone's 'legacy' in the NFL is winning playoff games.

Denver ran into a buzzsaw, and yes some plays (the kickoff TD, the safety, and the fumble) weren't on him. But Manning also made terrible decisions and crapped the bed too. I was genuinely rooting for the guy because I wanted him to get a 2nd ring, but I've never seen people not just on here but everywhere make excuses for a guy more than Manning. Cris Carter said it best this morning (I'm paraphrasing here): Why does Manning get a pass for criticism? Marino didn't, Brady doesn't, other greats don't. So why should Manning get the tired excuses people make every time he goes out there and doesn't play well?

Denver ran into a buzzsaw, and yes some plays (the kickoff TD, the safety, and the fumble) weren't on him. But Manning also made terrible decisions and crapped the bed too.

Whenever Peyton had the time, he did fine. And Denver's D did not exactly stand up after the 'Hawks first three series.

Seahawks simply dictated the game by not allowing Peyton the time he needed in the first half.

As a result by halftime the game circumstances added their weight to Seattle's will and the game was essentially over.

All that said, I thought the most impressive time for Seattle came on the Offensive series following Denver's lone TD. They resisted the inclination to go conservative and run run run the clock, and instead kept the game in Wilson's hands and passed passed passed to a TD that told the Broncos to...

fuggedaboutit...

As far as I am concerned, this game affects Peyton Manning's status very little.

People say that if he had won that he would be the GOAT because he would have been the only QB to win a SB with 2 different teams.

Well......what it would have done is tie him in that category with Tobin Rote. Rote won titles with 2 teams (Lions/Chargers)...and I don't see too many of you touting Tobin Rote as the GOAT.

Hell....Kurt Warner came a lot closer....within seconds. No one thinks of him as the GOAT.

Peyton will NOT slip from being a Top Ten QB.....maybe even Top 5. Even if he had won I am not so sure that he would have put himself above the likes of Baugh/Luckman/Graham/Elway/Marino/Montana/Brady/Starr/Bradshaw

He is still in that group. He is not demoted....nor would a win have promoted him beyond them.

Not in my opinion.

we have enough picks if used wisely to do a little on both sides. but why not finish one side of the ball with your prime picks? the defense is much closer to being finished with a couple of high draft picks and a FA signing here or there.

guess banner was kicking himself in the ass when we didn't acquire avril from detroit after seeing his performance tonite.

instead we got kreuger. weep wop.

Our defense might just be an offense away from being finished... We could have 11 top 5 picks on the defense, but if the offense can't convert 3rd downs it won't mean sh**...

As far as I am concerned, this game affects Peyton Manning's status very little.

People say that if he had won that he would be the GOAT because he would have been the only QB to win a SB with 2 different teams.

Well......what it would have done is tie him in that category with Tobin Rote. Rote won titles with 2 teams (Lions/Chargers)...and I don't see too many of you touting Tobin Rote as the GOAT.

Hell....Kurt Warner came a lot closer....within seconds. No one thinks of him as the GOAT.

Peyton will NOT slip from being a Top Ten QB.....maybe even Top 5. Even if he had won I am not so sure that he would have put himself above the likes of Baugh/Luckman/Graham/Elway/Marino/Montana/Brady/Starr/Bradshaw

He is still in that group. He is not demoted....nor would a win have promoted him beyond them.

Not in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more

Way too much is placed on winning a championship, and Manning has done that.

If this was true, then Andy North would be considered with the greats of golf. He won 3 tournaments in his career. Two just happened to be US Opens.

Way too much is placed on winning a championship, and Manning has done that.

If this was true, then Andy North would be considered with the greats of golf. He won 3 tournaments in his career. Two just happened to be US Opens.

My Father-in-Law was Andy North's high school golf coach. Its true.

Our defense might just be an offense away from being finished... We could have 11 top 5 picks on the defense, but if the offense can't convert 3rd downs it won't mean sh**...

i agree. but the rush to get some over-hyped QB (over-hyped because there are soooo many teams looking for the golden ticket QB) is astounding to me. i mean at this point it's like a poker game. who knows who will be the consensus #1QB come may? if bortles is there @4 would i mind grabbing him? no? but to talk about trading up and losing picks because our FO is blinded by the awe of manziel would be crazy in my mind. i could a guy like him playing fine in AZ or houston (because of the temp) but in the AFCN i think the guy would crumble. that's just my opinion. hell i've been way off base before.

if we switched back to the 4-3 then clowney would be a no brainer. if all good QBs worth a top 5 pick are gone and clowney is also, what do we do, grab watkins? grab another D player? i dunno.

but we do need bigger taller faster D backfield guys. i don't care if they come from the first round or UDFAs.

Archived