THE BROWNS BOARD

Who all think Bortels is next Worthlessburger?

jeffinwv

Im surprised it took yall this long.I was born in Cleveland but left the town and accent behind long ago.Geno is doing fine...I think he won twice the games Cleveland did somehow.Im surprised because honestly I wasn't that high on high coming out.That team nosedived in the last part of the season. they were up to 4TH in the country.

And the city kinda creeps me out anymore as well. In pittsburg the other day I hated how the roads seemed smaller and you never got out of traffic.Here in my town we can just drive whatever speed we want and its just not nearly as crowded on the road.

But I love it when people talk about WV.We have been overlooked and kinda let fall by the wayside for a long time.Not as bad anymore but use to when there was a flood or disaster here we were kinda forgot about and not help like a lot of the high profile areas, but like I said its a lot better now.

But all in all youll not find friendlier people than those that live here.Even in Morgantown on gameday people will offer visting people from Texas or Oklahoma food off the grill of a drink. Youll have your exception as you will everywhere.

you are right about the state. i was stationed at fort knox KY (jelly) and used to take little road trips with coolers full of beer and would end up in cincy or WV or wherever. being amongst people in towns like morgansville is cool, it's when you get off the main roads and drive though the 'hollars' where you're rocking out motley crue down a dirt road and ride pass a family living in a shack and seeing a guy reaching for his shotgun on his rickety porch with the kids knawing on a tree for something to eat sends chills down your spine:

and if you never got turned onto nick cave, smack your mama.

read the Wikipedia article about the buffalo creek disaster in the 70s and that sums up how the people of our state have been treated

read how WV sued that caol company for 100 million and the coal sympathetic gov moore settle for 1 million 3 days for he left office...and the law firm dontated WV money for a community center for those people and we never built it...

It is one of the great injustices in this nations history

IMO Bortles is not near the pure athlete Manziel is. Manziel is by far more mobile than Bortles. I mean is that really debatable?

among Carr Manziel Bortles and Bridgewater , he has the lowest percentage of passes defended or int by the D and he has the second highest roll out completion %.

Johnneys completion percentage is about 69% and Bortles is about 65%

There is a difference between being more mobile than being "more athletic".

They are different kinds of athletes.....that doesn't mean one is better than the other.

Faster, stronger, smarter. All these elements apply in an athlete.

If Bortles is like BR and can stand in there and make a play with 2 defenders hanging off him that makes him better athletically that way than Manziel would be who would probably fold like a lawn chair.

On occasion being a QB requires gladiator like skills....not just jackrabbit like skills.

I also am not enamored with minor differences in completion percentages in college.

Now don't get me wrong, JM may be a better choice, maybe not. But just don't equate total athleticism to a single skill.

that guys a heck of a piano player...I attempt to play..i have two keyboards here..but I play guitar primarily.but I like that guy..if im in that sorto mood

when your an insomniac like me and you start staring at the 3rd run of walking dead midseason repeat season premier ya kinda get in that light a candle and wait for a jumper comin off the top of the building type of mood.

death ballads.

I thought the lyrics were a little clumsy and the performance workman like.

WSS

he definitely progressed from his work in his first band.

he's a british version IMO of like a tom waits or tj burnett. sad taxi cab coffee clatch material.

great lyrics though.

Archived