THE BROWNS BOARD

Still weird - US gov agencies buying ammo buy the billions

calfoxwc

Investor's Business Daily, apparently. Not sure where I got the idea it was fox. Anyway, they've modified the original article, but you can find the quotes easily enough:

People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldnt have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless,

Hawking's reply:

"I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS," he said. "I have received a large amount of high-quality treatment without which I would not have survived."

General coverage from 2009 on the references to the NHS in the obamacare debate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/13/uk-hits-health-reform-untruths/

(I went for a fox link, just for the giggles)

Anyway, must have been something else that put me off fox.

And the link highlighted the rebuttal. So where's the complaint there? Also the original article is called an editorial.

Bottom line, regardless of editorial opinion Hawking is still alive and assumedly been in the care of the National Health for most of his life.

That does nothing to prove or disprove the opinion that socialized medicine is inferior except for out of pocket expense.

WSS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived