THE BROWNS BOARD

Lombardi and Banner gone, Farmer new GM

LondonBrown

Farmer: Star player with a degree from Duke, played three years in the NFL (Eagles) before injury ended his career. Scout for the Falcons for several years (lots of talent there), Director of Pro Personnel in KC (lot's of talent there), 39 years old ... this is the kind of resume you hitch your wagon to, not a guy that fetched Al Davis coffee for eight years and then talked on TV about other people's drafts.

God, I hated ratface Banner and Lombardi since day one ... tried to give them a chance ... but just knew they were wrong for us.

Let's roll ...

Zombo

I know how to use Google. But, I'm interested to hear why he is considered such a great candidate, from a source that knows a little bit more... I am just happy that he's a "football" guy, not a money/metrics guy...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how to use Google. But, I'm interested to hear why he is considered such a great candidate, from a source that knows a little bit more... I am just happy that he's a "football" guy, not a money/metrics guy...

I wasn't answering your question. I posted that on my own before I saw yours. Glad you can google, Chachi.

Zombo

I'm just as happy as the next guy.

Let's hope it stays this way and we're not calling for Farmer's head a year from today.

Now, we:

Draft Manziel (or Bortles, still hoping for Bortles).

Draft Christian Jones.

Draft Louchiez Purifoy.

Draft Cyril Richardson.

Draft Ed Reynolds.

Draft Storm Johnson.

Sign Jeremy Maclin.

Sign Jon Asamoah.

I won't lie, over the past couple weeks I have been very skeptical about the Browns future. I did not trust Banner and Lombardi and thought they were not qualified for their positions. This makes me ECSTATIC!!! I believe in Farmer and have a renewed faith in Haslam. He isn't an owner that will tolerate any bullshit. Good for him to pull the trigger.

Great news. Was there any mea culpa from Haslam on bringing these two shit-stains on board in the first place? This off-season has been a roller coaster already and it is only February. I'd love to know if Chud's firing was a Banner/Lombardi decision or Haslam wanted him gone. The coaching search turned us into a joke and Haslam was fielding questions about being a stooge. I thought Banner/Lombardi were locked in for at least next year until Farmer turned down the Miami gig. That's when you knew the winds of change were blowing. Go Browns!

I wonder... if that was the final opening of Haslam's eyes about them Good point.

Banner was a jerk to the media, sure he and scumbardi were jerks to the fa's.

Maybe that got back to Haslam, via the coaches. Then he saw what was really wrong -

those two dipsticks ! This is freaking GREAT !

Maybe the final straw was Lombardis preferred choice Gase getting his ass kicked in the super bowl

Well I think this is good news. Maybe Jimmy could have done this sooner but better late than never. I noticed during the presser when asked about Banner's comment concerning Quinn, Haslam shot back he was full on board with Pettin and wonder if that started things in motion added to wanting to let Mack walk, which I cannnot figure out why we woudl do that given our cap situation and that Mack is young player. Jimmy saw the light and said buck stops with me.

I'm just as happy as the next guy.

Let's hope it stays this way and we're not calling for Farmer's head a year from today.

Now, we:

Draft Manziel (or Bortles, still hoping for Bortles).

Draft Christian Jones.

Draft Louchiez Purifoy.

Draft Cyril Richardson.

Draft Ed Reynolds.

Draft Storm Johnson.

Sign Jeremy Maclin.

Sign Jon Asamoah.

I like it! Would like to see JC Copeland in there too.

Wonder what they're going to do with all these Lombardi and Banner scouts now.. will we forgo this years draft like we did last year?

The perception of Lombardi is a sniveling undermining snakey weasel... will he do his best to sabotage us now that he's canned?

They'll probably retain some people, keep some people.

All their current draft scouting stays with the team. Lombardi/Banner won't release the Browns current big board because they need to try to stay employable.

Looking forward to lombardi going back to NFLN and bashing every browns pick and seeing them turn into pro bowlers.

Banner's reputation is more weasel than lombardi too. Lombardi's reputation is being a stubborn horrible talent evaluator.

Archived