THE BROWNS BOARD

Port Authority Parking

cuwoohio

They need to build an upgraded parking system that allows fans easier access to the stadium and the actual parking itself. It's a nightmare trying to get to the stadium when the Cavs and Indians have games... crazy traffic jams. They need a direct route to the stadium parking and somewhere enticing to park. Some nice parking areas would go a long ways in improving the gameday experience.

They need to build an upgraded parking system that allows fans easier access to the stadium and the actual parking itself. It's a nightmare trying to get to the stadium when the Cavs and Indians have games... crazy traffic jams. They need a direct route to the stadium parking and somewhere enticing to park. Some nice parking areas would go a long ways in improving the gameday experience.

They atleast need to be consistent in what they do. Some weeks a lane can turn right the next it has to turn left. Be consistent with how traffic is directed....

Apparently what's happening is that the Port Authority won't be supplying as many areas for parking as in the past. I use Lot 20, and if you get there

by 11, it's easy to get into. Getting out is the nightmare. And I agree that the inconsistancy of the routes available is part of the problem. I sometimes get the feeling that the City of Cleveland seems inconvienced by people coming downtown and spending money.

They atleast need to be consistent in what they do. Some weeks a lane can turn right the next it has to turn left. Be consistent with how traffic is directed....

I don't think the Browns have control over how traffic is directed. That would be a City of Cleveland issue.

Yeah, getting out of lot 20 is slow. We tailgate in lot 20 for all the home games. After the games, we BS, share beer with our neighbors, wait for the traffic to subside somewhat, & the designated driver takes it from there.

If we didn't tailgate, I would also use the RTA. For just getting to (and leaving) Browns' games, it can't be beat. Prior to my getting Season Tickets & tailgating, that was the way to go.

Mike

I tried the RTA once, but I also decided to use a station farther out. It took forever and I was really late to the game. I tailgate most of the time now.

No doubt you have to take that in to account. I wouldn't jump on the train at 11:30 expecting to make the kickoff.

Expect longer stops as more people board, then you have to consider the walk from the terminal or catching the blue line to the stadium.

I usually stay in Middleburg Heights. I am thinking about taking the train from the Brookpark station a time or two this year.

No doubt you have to take that in to account. I wouldn't jump on the train at 11:30 expecting to make the kickoff.

Expect longer stops as more people board, then you have to consider the walk from the terminal or catching the blue line to the stadium.

I usually stay in Middleburg Heights. I am thinking about taking the train from the Brookpark station a time or two this year.

I can't recall what time I started the journey, but it wasn't "with plenty of time". I think it was a night game too, which makes sense then why I was going straight to a game and not tailgating first. It wasn't busy with people at all actually, and it was smooth sailing until we had to switch trains at a closer station to town. The timing must've been off to get off one and right on another because it was like a half hour or more waiting for the next train. It was a first time to try it and a lesson learned.

• 3 months later...

I hate to rehash the parking thing but the situation is clearer now. Lot 20 either won't be available at all, or limited. I was offered a place in lot 32 by the Btowns for 2 1/2 time the price. It's certainly closer, but is it worth it and where are the busses that parked in 20 going to go. I would think they have some kind of plan in place.

I tried the RTA once, but I also decided to use a station farther out. It took forever and I was really late to the game. I tailgate most of the time now.

When I go up now, I go up to the Browns Board tailgate location in the lot under the bridge. It can be a bit of a walk....but for the tailgates I have certainly had no trouble getting in and out of there.

As for the Rapid, depending on where you are, the best one to take is the Shaker Rapid. I used to live right about on Shaker Square and took that rapid every day to law school. In later years I also parked up there to take it in....but since I now live in Medina County it would no longer be that convenient to drive to the east side from the southwest, so I just go under the bridge.

(but....as some of you know....I go to the tailgates, then drive home to watch the game on TV)

I guess if you're from Alliance, Ohio you would call those 'crazy traffic jams'.

Hah! I'm from Phoenix Az. I'm accustomed to traffic but seriously, when you have an Indians game going on or about to start and also a Browns game and Cavs stuff all going on at the same time and traffic is pretty much stopped at the freeway... trying to funnel 60,000 people into the stadium when they can only get there from one direction down two lanes wrought with one ways... really, it's a traffic jam of epic proportions.

I have some good friends who have parked in the POC lot for years. Not sure where they go this year if they lose the rights.

Many times I park in the flats with my friends from this board...$5....or is it $10? If I plan on stopping for a meal up above after the game, I park up above and pay the $20 or so. I don't want to leave my car down there a couple of hours after the game.....not many what you would call fans walking around down there at that point. If I park in the flats, I walk to my car like thousands of others and all is cool.

i'm trying to keep the walk on level ground as much as possible. My wife doesn't do too well with distance and steps. Lot 20 was pretty much a

level walk until you got near the stadium. We've walked from up town before, but I'm not sure she could do that now and still want to go to the games.

i'm trying to keep the walk on level ground as much as possible. My wife doesn't do too well with distance and steps. Lot 20 was pretty much a

level walk until you got near the stadium. We've walked from up town before, but I'm not sure she could do that now and still want to go to the games.

I'm with you there. My wife is facing knee replacement soon, so I'll just pay 1/2 of my Daughter & Son in Law's, continue to tailgate with them & we'll be a good bit closer for about the same price. I also plan to attend the Browns Board tailgate at least once or twice.

Mike

Yeah, getting out of lot 20 is slow. We tailgate in lot 20 for all the home games. After the games, we BS, share beer with our neighbors, wait for the traffic to subside somewhat, & the designated driver takes it from there.

If we didn't tailgate, I would also use the RTA. For just getting to (and leaving) Browns' games, it can't be beat. Prior to my getting Season Tickets & tailgating, that was the way to go.

Mike

Leaving is slow about anywhere you park right after a game.

Hah! I'm from Phoenix Az. I'm accustomed to traffic but seriously, when you have an Indians game going on or about to start and also a Browns game and Cavs stuff all going on at the same time and traffic is pretty much stopped at the freeway... trying to funnel 60,000 people into the stadium when they can only get there from one direction down two lanes wrought with one ways... really, it's a traffic jam of epic proportions.

That's why you Tailgate PG. Get down to your favorite Lot by 10AM or so, and no traffic problems whatsoever. That doesn't hold for the Muni Lot which fills up way before that.

Archived