THE BROWNS BOARD

Brandon Weeden Released

LondonBrown

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no financial or competitive reward for releasing him ... Why not bring his arm to camp?

Z

Check....the fact is he is still in the mix for either the backup or 3rd string QB. He comes as cheap at this point as anyone else that may be out there. I mean, here is your list of FA QBs:

Quarterbacks

1. Michael Vick

2. Josh McCown

3. Matt Cassel

4. Josh Freeman

5. Shaun Hill

6. Chad Henne

7. Tarvaris Jackson

8. Colt McCoy

9. Matt Flynn

10. Kellen Clemens

11. Luke McCown

12. Derek Anderson

13. David Garrard

14. Dan Orlovsky

15. Rex Grossman

16. Curtis Painter

17. Tim Tebow

18. Jimmy Clausen

19. Charlie Whitehurst

20. Brady Quinn

I mean really....Weeden, if he were a FA, could quite possibly lead this pack....or come close to the top. And they will need at least 4 QBs going into camp.

He ain't going nowhere, not yet anyway.

4 of the 20 above are already failed Browns experiments: Luke McCown/DA/BQ/Colt.

josh freeman was another 'can't miss'. mccown did well for the limited time he played for the bears last year. i'd take either one over weeden BUT like you said it's all about money. what're we going to cut him and pay him plus pay another guy that might be just a little better than him?

Cutting Weeden before final cuts just won't happen. His contract is fully guaranteed and if he does wear someone else's jersey next year while were still paying him, we want him to have as little time as possible with his new team before the season starts.....could u imagine Weeden beating us while were still paying him???

Colt McCoy may actually be the best FA QB on the market. I'd take a Hoyer/McCoy/Carr trio and cut Weeden and Campbell.

It comes down to money, plain and simple. Releasing him gains nothing.

Yeah, as was said, he gets his $$$ whether we keep him or release him, so might as well keep him around as a third string qb. No way he's beating out Hoyer though. All Pettine has to do is watch the tape of the Lions game to figure that out. :)

Check....the fact is he is still in the mix for either the backup or 3rd string QB. He comes as cheap at this point as anyone else that may be out there. I mean, here is your list of FA QBs:

Quarterbacks

1. Michael Vick

2. Josh McCown

3. Matt Cassel

4. Josh Freeman

5. Shaun Hill

6. Chad Henne

7. Tarvaris Jackson

8. Colt McCoy

9. Matt Flynn

10. Kellen Clemens

11. Luke McCown

12. Derek Anderson

13. David Garrard

14. Dan Orlovsky

15. Rex Grossman

16. Curtis Painter

17. Tim Tebow

18. Jimmy Clausen

19. Charlie Whitehurst

20. Brady Quinn

I mean really....Weeden, if he were a FA, could quite possibly lead this pack....or come close to the top. And they will need at least 4 QBs going into camp.

He ain't going nowhere, not yet anyway.

4 of the 20 above are already failed Browns experiments: Luke McCown/DA/BQ/Colt.

If by "lead the pack" you mean "better than Curtis Painter" then I agree.

Rumor has it that Farmer and Pettine both like Brandon Weeden and he will be given a chance to compete for the starting job in the new system.

WSS

Chance to compete are the key words. He's not going to say there's no way this guy is going to be the starter. Its media talk. But in reality there's no way he's going to be the starter. He's got enough tape to prove he's a terrible game day qb. Maybe great in practice and preseason.

Chance to compete are the key words. He's not going to say there's no way this guy is going to be the starter. Its media talk. But in reality there's no way he's going to be the starter. He's got enough tape to prove he's a terrible game day qb. Maybe great in practice and preseason.

I don't doubt that is a possibility. Most stuff is just fodder for the news cycle. On the other hand maybe the professionals in the front offices are more objective than the fans and don't take this shit personally.

WSS

Archived