THE BROWNS BOARD

Champ Bailey Cut - Should we?

BrownsKidd

8 years ago I would have done it in a heartbeat. Now, noooooo.

He is old and there is a reason why he was let go.

There is. The Broncs pick up 10kk cap space by releasing Champ. Champ is old but has some gas left in the tank. An injury kept him sidelined most of this year. He got burned 2 times for TDs is the word. 2 times. If that's as bad as it gets then...

Champ is a leader and a smart cookie. He knows his career is winding down and would likely give someone a good deal for his services.

14 Pro Bowls - Bruce Mathews, Merlin Olson

13 Pro Bowls - Jerry Rice, Reggie White, Tony Gonzelez

12 Pro Bowls - Champ Bailey, Ray Lewis, Randall McDaniel, Junior Seau, Will Shields

There is. The Broncs pick up 10kk cap space by releasing Champ. Champ is old but has some gas left in the tank. An injury kept him sidelined most of this year. He got burned 2 times for TDs is the word. 2 times. If that's as bad as it gets then...

Champ is a leader and a smart cookie. He knows his career is winding down and would likely give someone a good deal for his services.

14 Pro Bowls - Bruce Mathews, Merlin Olson

13 Pro Bowls - Jerry Rice, Reggie White, Tony Gonzelez

12 Pro Bowls - Champ Bailey, Ray Lewis, Randall McDaniel, Junior Seau, Will Shields

If Champ was willing to take a "good deal on his services", he would have signed a cheap deal that makes sure he retires a Bronco.

forget about big money FA's making a meaningful contribution to the 2014 Browns. Long term competiveness is cultivated through competent player evaluation/selection and effective coaching/leadership....qualities sorely missing in recent Browns history.

Of course, there is a rich history of FA's "making impacts" but I think you'll find the team they joined was already stacked with talent........not the 2014 Browns. It's an illusion for young

teams to take the easy route and throw money at broken toys looking for greener pasture to kick back and retire.

forget about big money FA's making a meaningful contribution to the 2014 Browns. Long term competiveness is cultivated through competent player evaluation/selection and effective coaching/leadership....qualities sorely missing in recent Browns history.

Of course, there is a rich history of FA's "making impacts" but I think you'll find the team they joined was already stacked with talent........not the 2014 Browns. It's an illusion for young

teams to take the easy route and throw money at broken toys looking for greener pasture to kick back and retire.

Yes, look no farther than the Browns who are going to be paying Kruger $7 million this year- we certainly didn't get our money's worth last year.

Yes, look no farther than the Browns who are going to be paying Kruger $7 million this year- we certainly didn't get our money's worth last year.

no shit. i hated that signing. i mean i knew how he got his numbers (3rd down pass rusher) but the FO didn't? what a waste.

let's see what he does for us this year before i put the old 'get on the next bus out of town' label on him.

Getting the story straight and for the record;

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2014/03/05/longtime-cornerback-champ-bailey-released/6104473/

Excerpts:

Bailey said the Broncos did not offer him a pay cut.

Bailey leaves Denver with 52 career interceptions (34 as a Bronco) and 12 Pro Bowl selections (eight with the Broncos). He was a first-round pick by Washington in 1999.

Bailey said. "I'm a corner at heart. If a situation made sense to play safety, then I would consider it."

I like Champ. He's one of the good guys and good at it. I wish him well wherever he goes.

dude played in five games last season....starting 3 of them. the first time in his career that he never played in at least 16 games. Not a good endorsement from the Bronco's. Unknown how much juice he has left. Questionable if he passes the physicals of the teams showing interest.

Archived