THE BROWNS BOARD

Bill Parcells hired as "courtesy consultant"

bbedward

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000331252/article/bill-parcells-acting-as-courtesy-consultant-with-browns

Popped up on my team stream. Not sure what that means.

Maybe he's the one who suggested Pettine and outing lombanner.

I hope so RE: Lombardi. What it means is probably this- .

"Why else would the retired coach meet extensively with a college prospect when he could be tweaking his golf game or playing shuffleboard with the czarinas of South Florida? It's another intriguing wrinkle from a Browns operation that's kept us guessing all off season."

Well, he certainly didn't do it for free- DUH! A few hundred thousand pays for a lot of tee times.

The article said that the Browns would not be taking Parcells advice on any of the QBs. That may actually be a canard. By that I think they are implying that Parcells advice will by no mean be the final say on who they draft.....but that does not mean they will not be listening to his advice.

he's been away from the game for awhile?

If contracted, haven't the Browns pissed away enough money on dinosaur consultants/front office/coaches

The answer lies in the fucking future. Bring in fresh minds with new ideas.

let parcells stick to the managerial motivational speech circuit. His time has come and gone.

f jackie

If contracted, haven't the Browns pissed away enough money on dinosaur consultants/front office/coaches

let parcells stick to the managerial motivational speech circuit. His time has come and gone.

f jackie

i totally agree. holmgren was a genius too. remember all of you that bought into that dog and pony show?

fuck that.

btw. doesn't parcells come from a defensive side of coaching so why would anyone take his advice on QBs? only thing he ever did with QBs was scream at them.

One thing I remember Parcells saying about QBs is that he wants a guy that has been at school for 4 years. That would take out all of the top guys and leave us choosing from Carr, Mettenberger, Murray, Garrapollo, and some other lesser known guys.

I don't know if the article is accurate or not about us listening to Parcells about QBs, but that does put some validity into the Carr rumors.

f jackie

I don't think he has been away from the game completely. He has done TV, and probably this consulting where he is keeping up with a lot.

Its not like he has spent all his time out fly fishing or golfing.

Keep in mind that the article said he MET with Haslam as a "courtesy consultant". I didn't see HIRED BY or CONTRACTED BY anywhere in the article.

This strikes me as pretty much an over reaction, rumor starter. Just more Fan BS.

We'll see.

Mike

i totally agree. holmgren was a genius too. remember all of you that bought into that dog and pony show?

fuck that.

btw. doesn't parcells come from a defensive side of coaching so why would anyone take his advice on QBs? only thing he ever did with QBs was scream at them.

I would listen to what he has to say, take it or leave it. He's not the fucking GM

I would listen to what he has to say, take it or leave it. He's not the fucking GM

see below.

Let him consult some other team willing to pay the half-million fee.

exactly. i could see buying him dinner and listening what he had to say but a one-time fee delving in and around six figures? buy your own drinks fat ass.

I wasn't on this board then but I bought into the Walrus hiring as well. I think it was desperation that Lerner was doing "something".

That said, my thoughts are what can any guy say over a single consultation for $500k? FB Guru or not, the hell with that.

Archived