THE BROWNS BOARD

Russell Wilson is a franchise QB, period.

WalterWhite

Do you mean outside of here? Maybe I've blocked out those that have put him down but I recall many here commenting on acknowledging his skills, admitting that his lack of height does not hinder him. Basically the stuff that Mike H just posted. Either Seattle got lucky or had a shrewd eye when it came to drafting him. I heard they wanted to pull the trigger on him in the 2nd round but decided to hold off and take a chance he'd still be there in the 3rd. (Actually I think I read that in a link posted here.)

The thing is, he was underestimated and turned out to be a diamond in the rough. JF is on the other end, and with all the hype is probably being overestimated. If he's not a bust, he'll probably be good but not as good as the hype is projecting him to be.

I don't think anybody is arguing with you.

Using Wilson as a justification for why manziel will be a franchise QB is wrong though. They play a different type of game.

It's like "Wilson's short, manziels short so manziel must be good."

I know you didn't mention manziel in your post, but I'd bet that's what you're getting at.

to be fair he's landed in a heck of a good situation with a good line infront of him. If the Browns had drafted him, not so sure know what I mean?

Put Weeden in Seattle and see how good their line is. The Browns O-line is very close to top ten status, especially with a QB who is smart with the ball and knows how to get it out quickly as Hoyer displayed.

I realize you weren't only talking about the O-line, but I still feel that the Browns O-line is a better than some give it credit for.

Put Weeden in Seattle and see how good their line is. The Browns O-line is very close to top ten status, especially with a QB who is smart with the ball and knows how to get it out quickly as Hoyer displayed.

I realize you weren't only talking about the O-line, but I still feel that the Browns O-line is a better than some give it credit for.

in 2012 they were amazing at pass protection. I've never seen a qb in my lifetime have as much time to throw the ball as weeden did in his rookie year. Any sacks they gave up that year were coverage sacks and weeden holding the got damn ball for 8 seconds. I don't know what happened in 1 year but people were jail breaking on weedens face all season long. It was like the old time Browns o lines from the early 2000's where our qb's would have to check off the edge rushers on every snap before looking downfield. Except now they were predominantly coming up the middle and from the right. No last season they sucked dirty pink asshole. And it wasn't scheme...guys were just getting underneath them pads and driving dudes back into weedens face within seconds. Alot of our problems last year were not on Weeden....but he still sucks so I don't care. We need to bring back the O line coach we had under Mangini, the guy who built the cowboys line when they were winning SB's. That o line that was developing under him had elite status potential, especially in run blocking.

Yeah, Mangini was building a nice line. But never finished it. This line needs to keep Mack and grow it some more.

A really nice QB, a WR with some hands, another solid guard... ah, shit. a RB... and a traditional FB. And we're good.

Haha, I actually started out thinking we didn't need that much. I guess Gordon, Cameron, Thomas and Mack are that damn good that you forget how much work the offense really needs...

Russel Wilson sucks Kurt Russel's love muscle. Fuck him, he's lucky he landed in the perfect situation. Lynch and that defense. Those receivers that catch shit and that big ass TE. Colt McCoy could have done the same shit RW has if he had been drafted by Seattle.

i think russell wilson is very smart and not an asshole.

that doesn't mean that manziel can't change.

i'm starting to come around to the idea that our FO is going to target him. if so. what can i do, slit my wrists? hell fuckin no. just get on the JF train and ride it to wherever it takes us. believe me being a browns fan i've been down so long it'd take a lot for anything to affect me that way. maybe if the JF 'cult' wasn't so gay i might actually like the kid.

i still like trading down to get evans though. just my opinion.

I actually disliked Weeden since the first time I saw him. Before we drafted him. Not that he's a bad guy or whatever, but because he's a red headed 30 year old virgin. or whatever.

I didn't like Anderson because he couldn't take anything off his short throws. Guys would be 6 foot away and he'd peg em with the ball, trying to break fingers and shit.

I hated the Delhomme pickup, and the Seneca Wallace pickup. I loved the pick of Colt in the draft. I still think the kid can play if given the chance. He showed some ability when Hillis was doing his thing.. then he went all 007.

I don't like Manziel because I know what will happen. Manziel has a mouth on him during the game. You just don't win all the time in the Pros. You have to understand that this isn't college. There are two teams on Sunday and one IS GOING to lose. 31 teams will not win the Superbowl. You have to deal with losing, I don't think that is something Manziel can do. What, you think Manziel is going to come in and shout at NFL vets and get in their faces and cuss them out? No. They will fuck his little ass up.

Russel Wilson, now is a smart and nice guy. He is a guy that the vets will fight for because of the type of person he is and how he leads them. Nobody will follow Manziel, he'll just be viewed as a big ass baby, cryin all the time. You need a true leader to lead the Browns.

This is wear Colt McCoy IS the shit. He came in and won over JOE THOMAS. He had the entire lockeroom behind him. You can say what you want about Colt McCoy but the fact remains- Joe Thomas is a louder voice than yours to me and he said Colt had it.

*Just to be clear* I said that Russel Wilson is a Kurt cock sucker because I respect the faggot, not because I hate the bitch.

I don't like Manziel because I know what will happen. Manziel has a mouth on him during the game. You just don't win all the time in the Pros. You have to understand that this isn't college. There are two teams on Sunday and one IS GOING to lose. 31 teams will not win the Superbowl. You have to deal with losing, I don't think that is something Manziel can do. What, you think Manziel is going to come in and shout at NFL vets and get in their faces and cuss them out? No. They will fuck his little ass up.

Russel Wilson, now is a smart and nice guy. He is a guy that the vets will fight for because of the type of person he is and how he leads them. Nobody will follow Manziel, he'll just be viewed as a big ass baby, cryin all the time. You need a true leader to lead the Browns.

This is wear Colt McCoy IS the shit. He came in and won over JOE THOMAS. He had the entire lockeroom behind him. You can say what you want about Colt McCoy but the fact remains- Joe Thomas is a louder voice than yours to me and he said Colt had it.

*Just to be clear* I said that Russel Wilson is a Kurt cock sucker because I respect the faggot, not because I hate the bitch.

I've never perceived Manziel to be a bad leader or bad teammate. I got the feeling that he got those aggies ready to go to war every week and demanded the best of his teammates as well as himself.

all the "character concerns" don't worry me one bit. If anything his competitive spirit and drive to be the best are redeeming qualities. Signing autographs is only a no-no according to the gestapo that is the NCAA.

Let the kid get his dick sucked on top of a bronze statue of himself sitting in his front yard for all I care. He can suck the alcohol out of a fucking stick of deodorant at the Rock and Roll hall of fame if he brings a winning culture to the proud city of Cleveland.

His desire to win will be transcendent on the football field, which is exactly the attitude this young Browns squad needs. Players giving 100% on the field is contagious

Can his play-making ability translate to the bigger, faster NFL? That's the only real question.

http://youtu.be/wkFWgvTAW2E

This is funny to me.

This is one of the greatest things i've ever read.

well compared to the dr. seuss books your 2nd grade teacher gives you to read, being on here is like going to the library of congress.

how's it feel to be 11 years old and still stuck in 2nd grade? one of them short bus riders?

hahaha you are the corniest shitbag ever.

I'm not even remotely offended by your insults because they are so pathetic they are amazing.

Homo/Dr. Suess Books/11 years old/Short Bus, really?!?!

You are the biggest fucking goober ever but at the same time fun to drink with because your so shockingly unfunny that it ends up being funny.

Now just calm down, relax, and get the lube ready because Johnny Footballs coming to town and it's going to be one giant fuck fest

Giant fuck fest, get the lube ready? Does that mean JF is going to fuck us?

W.W. has all that meth has turned you into a Johnny Football sex maniac? Every one of your posts are about Johnny football's cock and sucking it and fucking it and worshipping his genitalia.

I would say that there is quite a good possibility that the Browns take Khalil Mack or Clowney(if available) with their first pick. Or if they got Offense first It will be Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans.

Mack

Clowney

Gilbert

Dennard

Carr

Ebron

Watkins

Evans

I'm glad you don't run the team because you don't know anything about football.

Why would we blow another pick on an OLB with MIngo/Kruger/Sheard/Groves already on the roster?

Derek Carr fucking sucks, end of story fart face.

It's a QB or Watkins so get used to it bro.

This is the NFL and you need a franchise QB here to win

We'd likely convert Mack to ILB, where I think he'd excel.

But taking one of the 2 best defensive prospects in the draft wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm glad you don't run the team because you don't know anything about football.

Why would we blow another pick on an OLB with MIngo/Kruger/Sheard/Groves already on the roster?

Derek Carr fucking sucks, end of story fart face.

It's a QB or Watkins so get used to it bro.

This is the NFL and you need a franchise QB here to win

oh the irony....

You claim lame smack on another and then use golden gems like fart face? Really....

Then claim others don't know football, then fall just short of claiming johnny boy is a lock for the browns. Try paying attention then, cause you're just as clueless as you think others are.

Farmer has been explicit in saying there are many options at 4, and a QB doesn't necessarily have to come from the draft. You're too caught up in your man crush to see there is more than 1 way to win.

But keep oversimplifying a complicated issue as that's all your tiny mind can fathom. I suppose you think henne and Cassel signings also mean nothing towards the draft possibilities either....right?

hahaha you are the corniest shitbag ever.

I'm not even remotely offended by your insults because they are so pathetic they are amazing.

Homo/Dr. Suess Books/11 years old/Short Bus, really?!?!

You are the biggest fucking goober ever but at the same time fun to drink with because your so shockingly unfunny that it ends up being funny.

Now just calm down, relax, and get the lube ready because Johnny Footballs coming to town and it's going to be one giant fuck fest

now sir, welcome to the board.

that shit was hilarious.

just don't go all PoG on us with your fave QB. if you didn't stand out like that I might actually get your game.

Archived