THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns want Edelman, Shields and Schaub

darren15

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1985709-br-sources-say-browns-hot-on-trail-of-edelman-shields-and-schaub?

If this rumor is true and they do get Schaub this will surely mean we go into 2014/15 with Hoyer/Schaub and a developmental QB in the 3rd to 7th round ...... our 2 first rounders and 2nd rounder will be used elsewhere .....

And if we get Edelman and Shields the slot receiver and shut down 2nd corner position is done....we can use the early picks in the draft to get Watkins a RB and someone for the right side of the O Line

would be interesting if they got all those guys, specifically what it means for the draft. With Edelman, Gordon and Cameron....not sure we need to spend the #4 on a wide receiver. I would have to think they're going for a LB'er than. Doubtful Mack would come off the board before #4, but if he somehow would than Clowney would be the next logical pick if he's still around.

Free Agency will totally effect our draft options. We have too many holes to fill. I DO NOT want a QB in the 1st round. Would not mind BPA with the 1st pick. someone who comes in and makes an impact and improves the team.

Free Agency will totally effect our draft options. We have too many holes to fill. I DO NOT want a QB in the 1st round. Would not mind BPA with the 1st pick. someone who comes in and makes an impact and improves the team.

This is the draft of all drafts to trade down in. I hope we trade down twice in the first round. I know I am in the minority but you can accumulate some serious talent in this draft with the number of 1st and 2nd round picks you would have with trade downs.

This is the draft of all drafts to trade down in. I hope we trade down twice in the first round. I know I am in the minority but you can accumulate some serious talent in this draft with the number of 1st and 2nd round picks you would have with trade downs.

I agree if Minnesota want to move up and grab our 4th for their 8th and 2nd rounder I am all for it ......

In a draft this deep that is never going to happen.

There is a good chance Atlanta has a love affair with Clowney and Minnesota with one of the QB's. If either of them are there at 4 there is a good chance we pick up a 2nd rounder. I have no delusion of picking up two extra 2nds in real life.

Edelman... no thanks. He's a product of Belichick/Brady

Shields... re-signed in GB

Schaub... I had to really think about this one before weighing in, but I'd be happy if he signed in Cleveland. He has been a starter 7 years in the NFL and racked up 4,000 yds 3 times, a career 130 - 84 TD-INT ratio, and solid passer ratings in 6 of those 7 years. Last year he struggled, but at 31 years old he's not done and he should have something left to offer.

I wouldn't promise Schaub a starting job b/c I would still want him to beat out Hoyer in camp, but I'd love to have that security to get rid of Weeden and Campbell. Plus, this is Hoyer's last year under contract so if he proves to be worthless, we would have something else there AND if he proves to be the future QB, we have a good veteran backup and security to draft somebody who we can develop. Having said all that, I would not only offer Schaub a contract, but I would also draft one of those 1st round QBs. Imagine Schaub/Hoyer/Bortles... That would give us 2-3 years to develop our rookie, who has a very high ceiling... The other option is to keep Schaub/Hoyer this year, and draft your guy next year, but ANY team that is looking into "next year's draft" for their QB is not looking to win any time soon...

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/11/matt-schaub-cleveland-browns-free-agency/

Did a morning search on Browns news and found this, much to my dismay. I just see it as another Jake Delhomme situation. Meh!

Ya, it feels like Delhommo, he's 34 and coming off a terrible decline year.

But ... he's a two time Pro Bowler with experience in Shanny's offense.

He would compete with Hoyer to start (I think Hoyer beats him out) ... which means we would roll the dice on #4 QB, but instead grab a Sammy Watkins and hanve a veteran passer throwing to Watkins, Gordon, Cameron. That doesn't sound bad. The QB will come ... let's get competitive again for chrissakes.

Zombo

Schaub is a “serious possibility” for the Browns

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT

schaub.jpg?w=233AP

The Factory of Sadness seems to be planning another stellar product line for 2014; perhaps they’ll dub it the “Pick 6.”

With quarterback a clear need and new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan having a prior relationship with Texans quarterback Matt Schaub, Schaub could become the next quarterback to join the Browns.

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that Schaub is a “serious possibility” for the Browns.

Schaub had some strong years with Shanahan, but based on a horrible 2013 season Schaub seems to be broken beyond repair. For that reason, he wouldn’t be handed the job in Cleveland. He’d have to compete with Brian Hoyer, who’s recovering from a torn ACL.

Currently the property of the Texans, Schaub isn’t available unless and until he’s released. With a cap number north of $14 million, that’s likely to happen, barring a pay cut so big that Ike Taylor would say, “Damn, that guy took a big pay cut.”

The Texans could create $10 million in cap space (as of June 1) by cutting Schaub with the post-June 1 designation. The team would carry $3.5 million in dead money for 2014 before absorbing a $7 million cap charge in 2015.

It’s unclear whether acquiring Schaub would take the Browns out of play for a first-round quarterback. Much of it depends on how much they pay Schaub. The less he gets, the more likely that the Browns are hoping to throw other teams off the scent of the possibility that the team will use the No. 4 pick in round one on a quarterback.

Schaub comes up here for the same reason that Cousins and Grossman do: because he has a history, somewhat successful with the Shanahan's. I assume that includes Kyle.

I guess it could happen....if the Browns brass decides that this in NOT the year that a franchise QB can be obtained in the draft.

Maybe the Browns really do think all these QBs in the draft are overrated, and that a veteran like Schaub could be a better answer for now....and to wait for that QB while the rest of the team is built up.

Hahaha... You should post this response in every thread.

I'm not a Schaub guy either. But if Weeden is out and Schaub is in, it MAY be a marginal improvement?

it would be a big step up. i think he makes reads pretty well. it's just the dumb throw gene that weeden and schaub share that is impossible to shake. how many QBs are we going to have on our roster? this means we'd cut campbell who we still owe money too correct? we know weeden is still going to get paid from us.

hoyer schaub weeden and a third rounder like fales? or don't pick a QB at all?

now i'm really fucking confused.....

bullshit!

Archived