THE BROWNS BOARD

THE ONLY PLACE TO PUT NEWLY SIGNED FREE AGENTS

cambridgeho

It's a essentially a 2-year deal. Guy played lights out last year. We had nothing.

Great move to bring in defensive leadership today to two guys that want to play in this system and want to play in Cleveland.

Zombo

$24m over 4 years is less that we were due to pay DQ this year at least.

this dansby signing... looks like the Browns are still the same ol browns... dude had essentially the same if not worse stats than Dqwell... and hes being paid more. what the hell are the browns doing? and not to mention Whitner had worse stats than Ward...

wrong. everything about the dansby and whitner signings say THIS IS NOT THE SAME OLD BROWNS.

had 2 positions to fill because player's agents wanted more money and the browns didn't budge, and we filled those holes within ten minutes of FA acquisition period.

how is that 'SAME OLD BROWNS'?

$24m over 4 years is less that we were due to pay DQ this year at least.

Plus I think they said Dansby is going to be paid something like 14 million of his contract next season, then 5 million a year after that. Thats a great contract for a 30+ year old player who still performs at a high level. Plus we get all his guaranteed money out of the way early just in case they want to drop him before his contract is up.

Andrew Hawkins signed to a 4 year offer sheet. Bengals have 7 days to match or he's ours...

I'm not sure I understand the Hawkins move. Don't get me wrong, I think he's alright. But going hard after a "meh" receiver seems a little to the left of where I thought we were headed.

The draft should have plenty of options even if Watkins isn't landed.

Not sure I'd call him meh....I remember him 2 years ago where he made 15 guys on our defense miss as he waltzed into the end zone. Yup....several guys missed him twice....one being ward I belive .

He's not going to be Gordon...but he's a good player in the slot. Quick and shifty....Benji is all straight line speed.

Not sure I'd call him meh....I remember him 2 years ago where he made 15 guys on our defense miss as he waltzed into the end zone. Yup....several guys missed him twice....one being ward I belive .

He's not going to be Gordon...but he's a good player in the slot. Quick and shifty....Benji is all straight line speed.

He seems to me like he'd be one of those guys that we have high hopes for going into the season and ends up disappointing. You're right about him being a change-up though.

As part of a corps that includes Gordon, Watkins (fingers crossed) and Cameron... Perhaps I'm just surprised that someone like Hawkins would be prioritized.

Isaiah Trufant a Brown, considered depth. However, he is also 5'8" wtf is going on getting such small guys

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/12/agent-isaiah-trufant-agrees-to-deal-with-browns/

hopefully the FO address that in the draft with a taller CB.

another veteran guy though in trufant.

I'm not sure I understand the Hawkins move. Don't get me wrong, I think he's alright. But going hard after a "meh" receiver seems a little to the left of where I thought we were headed.

The draft should have plenty of options even if Watkins isn't landed.

As I noted elsewhere, this was a move to replace Davone Bess., not to be that stud #1 or #2 WR. However "meh" he is, he may be somewhat reliable....unlike Bess.

It's a essentially a 2-year deal. Guy played lights out last year. We had nothing.

Great move to bring in defensive leadership today to two guys that want to play in this system and want to play in Cleveland.

Zombo

I hope you're right on both players, Zombo.

From way far away, it looks like the Browns - essently - held serve yesterday, 'exchanging LBs and Ss.

This team isn't good enough to hold serve.

Perhaps the reality of the FA market and the player's desire to play elsewhere made this as good as it could be.

Any way, I couldn't care less about what any professional sports owner does with his money. Doesn't impact me one way or the other.

With the release of Weeden and Campbell, this team continues to make bold moves. I like that. They need to do that.

IMHO, Hoyer is a serviceable stiff who might hold onto the starting position until the rookie is ready to play. Afterward he can serve as a quasi QB coach. There is no way Hoyer brings a team to the playoffs, regardless of the surrounding cast.

Best case scenario is this organization has it's bearings straight and the process of truly building has started.

Worse case scenario is the laughingstock circus continues.

I believe they are the former, not the latter. (any more)

Archived