THE BROWNS BOARD

THE ONLY PLACE TO PUT NEWLY SIGNED FREE AGENTS

cambridgeho

Every year there are 10 differnt threads about who we signed. If I am in the wrong here trying to put it all in one thread, delete the shit out of this.

Also to all, I have been away for half the year and now I am getting stationed in Chincoteaugue VA. So after seeing 2 games this year, I have to pay Direct tv again. It was fun at the games with all you crazy bastards. I will be going to the Browns at the Rat birds for sure, so see you guys then.

Isn't that an island? I vaguely remember reading a book about that place when I was in grade school, had to do with wild horses or some shit......

That is it.

Isn't that an island? I vaguely remember reading a book about that place when I was in grade school, had to do with wild horses or some shit......

Assateague, I know has the wild ponies. That is National Seashore. Chincoteague is a city, but the ponies may also come down to there.

Donte Hitner! No way, I won't believe it until I see it. This could be awesome.

I would take TJ back in a second. I'd rather have T.J. over Witner, he's one of our own. But, if we HAVE to lose TJ, Witner is a nice consolation prize.

Assateague, I know has the wild ponies. That is National Seashore. Chincoteague is a city, but the ponies may also come down to there.

You are also right Gip. At the end of July they bring the ponies over and have the pony swim and auction of some of them after the swim.

byrd wants a ton of money. but his familiarity with pettine makes it a possibility. but you are talking a big chunk of cap money on one position. although i do and will always agree that we need to upgrade our D backfield, we have to find a CB in the draft. i mean, for real, unless mcfadden just had a bad year and shows up and shows us something this year. hell milner had no pro-bowl rookie season and i was on his jock.

it'd help if these guys could actually play in one system for more than one or two years.

byrd wants a ton of money. but his familiarity with pettine makes it a possibility. but you are talking a big chunk of cap money on one position. although i do and will always agree that we need to upgrade our D backfield, we have to find a CB in the draft.

Agreed. Depending on how much they would offer Byrd (13 mil a year? (Didn't he just turn down like 11)) it'd almost rather trade a 5th to Tampa for Revis and pay the man 16 mil. Not sure either happens. I liked Gipson and think he could be really good ... A backfield of Haden, Whitner, and Byrd/Revis is stupid though.

byrd wants a ton of money. but his familiarity with pettine makes it a possibility. but you are talking a big chunk of cap money on one position. although i do and will always agree that we need to upgrade our D backfield, we have to find a CB in the draft. i mean, for real, unless mcfadden just had a bad year and shows up and shows us something this year. hell milner had no pro-bowl rookie season and i was on his jock.

it'd help if these guys could actually play in one system for more than one or two years.

I don't get all the hate for McFadden...I thought he played solid for a rookie. Its a tough position, even first round corners struggle their first year. Look at the leap Skine made, and McFadden played much better comparing first years. If he continues to develope he's gonna be good.

I like the Hitner signing if it goes through even though it's a lateral move. Lets face it: from all the rumors and despite his press babble about wanting to return to the browns Ward is pretty much good as gone. I hate the idea and I hope that's not the case till it happens but it's reality folks. I think if we scooped up hitner, Byrd, and schwartz/asamough at guard I would nut in my pants and call it a successful FA period. And lockdown Haden for the next seven years please.

I don't get all the hate for McFadden...I thought he played solid for a rookie. Its a tough position, even first round corners struggle their first year. Look at the leap Skine made, and McFadden played much better comparing first years. If he continues to develope he's gonna be good.

I agree with you. As young as the Browns are, some of these "gaping" holes we are said to have are gonna get smaller as experience grows. I'm not one to endorse starting rookies & expecting much. Throwing them in too early can do more harm than good. Patience is NOT a bad thing.

Mike

this dansby signing... looks like the Browns are still the same ol browns... dude had essentially the same if not worse stats than Dqwell... and hes being paid more. what the hell are the browns doing? and not to mention Whitner had worse stats than Ward...

He had 6 sacks and 4 Ints last year ... when was Jackson ever a playmaker? Jackson made a ton of tackles where he was supposed to make tackles, but he doesn't cover the field like Dansby.

It's a two year bridge with a very good player.

Jackson didn't want to be here, not sure how you can not like this signing.

Zombo

Love love love our free agency signings so far. Brought in leadership in a veteran with loads of WINNING experience in Donte Hitner. Filled a veteran void at ILB with Dansby. As others have said, Dansby is several shades better in coverage and makes a significantly greater number of game changing impact plays (though I am a bit apprehensive about him as last year was his first stellar year in a while). Pumped to see what else is in store for the remainder of free agency. Rumors are rampant that we are hard after Revis. I dont know how o feel about that. On one hand were landing THEE greatest CB tandem in the NFL if we sign him and he will be playing in a system very similiar to what he was in with the jets (where as we all know he made his name for himself and became outrageously successful). On the other he is a bonafide diva that I could envision cansing a ruckus and demanding more money. Lets wait and see.

4 year deal for a 33 year old lb

It's a essentially a 2-year deal. Guy played lights out last year. We had nothing.

Great move to bring in defensive leadership today to two guys that want to play in this system and want to play in Cleveland.

Zombo

Archived