THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Tate is a Cleveland Brown

darren15

Two year deal ... that's smart, especially for a running back .. all of Farmers deals are essentially two years and out the door! You want an extention, you earn it ...

Zombo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear. Hopefully he wasn't too expensive

Two-year incentive laden deal.

Farmer seems to be giving everybody two seasons to prove themselves, I believe we are working on some sort of Master Plan for a change.

Zombo

Farmer/Pettine continue to impress me. I like the signing of Tate. What's comical (and somewhat scary) is that were Banner/Lombardi still here, I don't believe we would have had a chance at ANY FA success, so a good job by Jimmy H as well in sending the poison elsewhere.

Mike

Farmer/Pettine continue to impress me. I like the signing of Tate. What's comical (and somewhat scary) is that were Banner/Lombardi still here, I don't believe we would have had a chance at ANY FA success, so a good job by Jimmy H as well in sending the poison elsewhere.

Mike

I honestly think this was Parcells doing. His advise to spend baby, spend.

Two-year incentive laden deal.

Farmer seems to be giving everybody two seasons to prove themselves, I believe we are working on some sort of Master Plan for a change.

Zombo

Yeah, I may wrong, but it's looking like Farmer is going to be really good for us.

I think this FA period is even putting a bit of shine back on Haslam as an Owner - seems to be learning and fixing his mistakes.

Hope we're in for some good times.

- Now headed to Cleveland! Get em Dawg.

A few quick notes from the Conference :

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 1h #Browns Ben Tate on being No. 1 RB: "Something that I've been waiting for for a long time. I'm ready to grab this opportunity & run w/ it"

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 1h #Browns RB Ben Tate said he had more visits lined up he was going to take after CLE, but signed deal today b/c he thought best opportunity

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 1h

#Browns RB Ben Tate said his decision wasn't about the scheme, it's about connection he formed with coaches, believes in Mike Pettine.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 1h #Browns RB Ben Tate: I run hard. I feel like I'm explosive. I feel like if it's 3&1 & I need to go toe-to-toe w/ a LB, I can do that, too.

Nate Ulrich @NateUlrichABJ 1h #Browns RB Ben Tate: I feel like now that I'm being given this opportunity, I do feel like I'm going to be top-10, top-8, top-5 RB.

Hope he stays healthy.

If Pettine keeps this up I'll start callin' him Hannibal. His plan seems to be coming together.

Fill the holes with passionate impact FA Big Dogs then draft the puppies and train 'em.

If this keeps up the Browns will be one of the most fun teams to watch play this season and seasons to come.

Quick write up from Carucci (Ben Tate on joining the Cleveland Browns: 'I really wanted to be here') :

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Ben-Tate-on-joining-the-Cleveland-Browns-I-really-wanted-to-be-here/2ae29419-08db-4761-83bb-78cea61c1261

“In the grand scheme of things, I really wanted to be here,” Tate said. “At the end of the day, I thought this was going to be the best opportunity for me. I felt the pieces that were already here, offensive-line wise, and their plans in free agency and the draft, so I felt it was just going to be the best opportunity for me to help turn this thing around and take it to another level.”

He is all over twitter and Facebook ... I've never seen anybody so happy to be a Brown.

And he's wearing my number ... 44

Channeling Leroy Kelly and Ernest Byner.

Zombo

He is all over twitter and Facebook ... I've never seen anybody so happy to be a Brown.

And he's wearing my number ... 44

Channeling Leroy Kelly and Ernest Byner.

Zombo

Yeah, I saw a post about the Facebook thing and came here to post something for those that do FB (not me) :

Got 2 things for yall Browns fans.....

1. Gonna pick 44 of yall to give away autographs to

2. Gonna pick 11 of yall to play (lose) vs me in my inaugural fantasy football league. And yea I realize the seasons still like 6 months away but I'm ready for it to start now

Stay tuned for details on how I'm gonna pick the winners...

Good for Fan relations :)

He said in the interview he had other offers and some for more money but he wanted to come here so I dig him.

Seems like farmer and pettine are a more appealing duo for these free agents than in times past.

I like Tate a lot more than gerhart too.

Archived