THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Tate is a Cleveland Brown

darren15

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right I just don't understand the NFL. It's probably best to keep your mouth shut when you say things like, "Looks like the Bungles won't match the offer on Hawkins". Because, like you said, shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't really like Tate, just not a huge fan. That can change. That's all.

You really are a raging twelve year old dumbfuck on here aren't ya? Every thread that you post I you either make some stupid fucking comment that is uneducated and incorrect or your acting like a fucking raging twelve year old boy on Xbox who just got headshotted in call of duty. Piss off. It's people like you that make forums a displeasure to be a part of at times.

would hate to see them overpay too much for Tate, hopefully its not too much $$ since they are supposedly drafting rbs also.

If we sign him it will be for "too much" money. That's what free agency is all about. It's not my money, and unless your name is Jimmy Haslam, it's not your money either. ..

My biggest question is whether or not he performs, which I think he would do wonders considering our current RB situation.

I'm not a gambler, but my money's on Tate wearing BROWN in 2014. I can't see him staying around this long unless they're trying hard to make it work.

Mike

If we did sign Tate and Edelman we have our starting RB and slot receiver ....add in our starting ILB and Safety already signed where do we go with first 3 rounds in the draft ....

Do we trade out of 4 and look to go shut down corner opposite Haden...do we take an O lineman to play right tackle ...... do we still take Watkins to give us a great WR threat ( Gordon, Edelman, Watkins ) or do we take the QB at 4 ?

I am brand new to this forum, so bare with me a bit.

With Tate and Edleman, I would trade back to around 14 or 15 and get Lee WR from USC. I think he is a better receiver then Watkins. they are almost the same height, Watkins is a bit faster in the 40, but Lee has a better vertical. At 26 we could still possibly draft Derek Carr.

With that said, If Bortles is still available at #4 IMO we draft him.

With Tate and Edleman, I would trade back to around 14 or 15 and get Lee WR from USC. I think he is a better receiver then Watkins. they are almost the same height, Watkins is a bit faster in the 40, but Lee has a better vertical. At 26 we could still possibly draft Derek Carr.

i like evans better than both but he'll be gone around 10. there are a lot of very good WRs in this draft. deep at WR.

Ben Tate just posted a picture of the terminal tower on his FB......

A lot of the comments on that pic are along the lines of "good luck in Cleveland". We'll see, but most think he's a Brown.

Only one problem- to trade down, you have to find someone who wants to trade up. :) And it would depend who's still on the board @ #4. You have to factor in team needs. And if the Browns have someone one the board they really like, they won't pull the trigger regardless.

Clowney? Likely trade partner would be Atlanta- we drop to #6, and pick up a high second. Watkins? Buffalo, St Louis, or the Jets. If the Rams really love Watkins- big need too, they won't screw around and just take him @ #2- they have the #13 to fill other needs. The Bills would have to give us their first- #9, and second- but that's not as good as what we'd likely get from the Falcons. The Jets would have to sell the ranch to move up to #4, First, second, both thirds- or first and second this year, and a first next year. They won't pay that much for a wr.

Cleveland Browns expect to sign RB Ben Tate by today, report says

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/03/cleveland_browns_expect_to_sig.html

I just read that article.

ehh not real high on him, what worries me are the injury concerns.

I pesonally like knowshon more, he seems to run with that pissed off chip on his shoulder.

"I'm worried about injury concerns" and "I like Knowshon Moreno more" are really funny together in a post.

I prefer quicker shiftier backs like Lewis (but now we have a change of pace back) but Tate is a north and south runner. One move and go. The antithesis of Trent Richardson.

Assuming we sign Tate, forget about taking Carlos Hyde (similar back). Tre Mason becomes the draft target IMHO.

Cleveland Browns expect to sign RB Ben Tate by today, report says

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/03/cleveland_browns_expect_to_sig.html

Good job Farmer- incentive based contract. Put up the yards & TDs- you get paid. Break another ankle, and you don't.

Archived