THE BROWNS BOARD

2014 NFL Fan Draft - Your Team is on the Clock!

vabearsfann15

NFL Draft  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to select with the #4 pick

• Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
    • Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
    • Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
    • Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
    • Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
    • Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    • Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
    • Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
    • Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
    • Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
    • Other (indicate your choice in the thread; remember NO TRADE DOWNS)

CLEVELAND BROWNS, YOUR TEAM IS ON THE CLOCK!!!

Welcome. Just an avid football fan here. Now that Free Agency has opened and teams have picked up a slew of players, I am excited to launch a widespread fan-participated draft. I have made accounts for the most popular message board of each NFL team. The draft works easy, but I need your help! It’s basically a mock-draft by the fans of each team and the majority vote wins. What better mock, then one that is voted on by the most avid fans?! By posting this thread, your team is currently on the clock. Simply do this.

1) Look which players have already been selected by the teams that pick before your team.

2) Pick only ONE player who you would want to draft.

3) No trade downs, etc. Simply pick whichever player you want the most.

4) Vote as soon as you can.

5) **I may use more than one message board when there are two message boards with about the same amount of

traffic. In such cases, I will combine the votes. Please be honest and do not double vote.**

I am not exactly sure when I will close voting, but I will give a final warning and close the thread within a certain time limit which I will indicate. It all depends on how quickly and how much participation I am getting. I will probably keep the thread open anywhere from 10-24 hours. I would like to get the first 2 round done before the draft and possibly head into the third round if at all possible. Here is a list of all the teams, their draft selections, and the team’s message board that I am using:

#1 – Houston Texans Website/The Bull Pen - Teddy Twatwater (37.5%); Khalil Mack (34.37%); Jadeveon Clowney (21.87%); Other (6.25%)

#2 – St. Louis RamsRamsonDemand - Jadeveon Clowney (43%); Greg Robinson (32%); Sammy Watkins (14%); Other (11%)

#3 – Jacksonville Jaguars - The Jungle Sammy Watkins – 33%; Khalil Mack – 28%; Johnny Manziel – 24%; Blake Bortles – 13%; Greg Robinson - 2%

#4 – Cleveland Browns - The Browns Board

#5 – Oakland RaidersRaiders Fans

#6 – Atlanta Falcons Falcons Board

#7 – Tampa Bay BuccaneersTbayBucs

#8 – Minnesota VikingsPurple Pride

#9 – Buffalo Bills Bill Message Board

#10 – Detroit LionsLions Message Board

#11 – Tennessee TitansTitans Report

#12 – New York Giants Giants Message Board

#13 – St, Louis RamsRamsonDemand

#14 – Chicago BearsChi City Sports

#15 – Pittsburgh Steelers - Steeler Fever

#16 – Dallas Cowboys Cowboys Zone

#17 – Baltimore RavenRussell Street Report

#18 – New York JetsJet Nation

#19 – Miami DolphinsThe Fins

#20 – Arizona CardinalsCardinals Message Board -

#21 – Green Bay PackersPacker Forum

#22 – Philadelphia EaglesIgglefans

#23 – Kansas City Chiefs Chiefs Planet

#24 – Cincinnati BengalsBengals Message Board

#25 – San Diego Chargers Chargers Message Board

#26 – Cleveland BrownsThe Browns Board

#27 – New Orleans SaintsSaints Report

#28 – North Carolina PanthersCarolina Huddle

#29 – New England PatriotsPats Fans

#30 – San Francisco 49ers 49ers Web Zone

#31 – Denver Broncos Orange Mane

#32 – Seattle Seahawksseahawks.net

#34 - Washington RedskinsExtreme Skins

#59 - Indianapolis Colts Colts Message Board

I understand that many message boards encourage draft talk in specific sub-forums, but I ask that an exception is made with this thread. For this to be successful I need as much participation as possible. By putting this thread in a sub-forum this thread may suffer from getting as many quick responses as possible. Thank-you for your cooperation!

Sorry to see Sammy gone, but even with trades.... I take Mack. It'd be nice to have at least one 3-down OLB on the roster. Plus it does not hurt that Khalil has the look of the next great OLB.

Now if Xavier is there at #26 we will have something going.

Derek Carr.

I've went back a forth debating whether or not to wait until 26 to snag him. Ugh, I just don't trust that he'll be there. You have all the QB needy teams up top. Especially teams like Oakland and the Vikings. You even have to worry about teams in the late teens to early twenties, a team like the Cardinals even.

Having to only pick one player. Gotta be Carr I guess. It is what it is.

Now, if I get two in the top 10, it's Carr then Watkins.

I suspect that Derek Carr will still be available at 26, he's probably the best kept secret in the draft. Let's get him there Dawgs! We got the leader now on Defense Khalil Mack! Derek Carr @ 26!!

I suspect that Derek Carr will still be available at 26, he's probably the best kept secret in the draft. Let's get him there Dawgs! We got the leader now on Defense Khalil Mack! Derek Carr @ 26!!

I like your passion but there is no freaking way we take Carr at 4 just because he might not be there at 26.

Bleh. Make me sick. Can't believe you would even consider taking him at four. Your sure your not smoking the rock bro?

Usually I don't like 'interlopers' coming in on this board with their junk. But this one is OK. I like the way you set it up. Congratulations....getting me to approve your concept is a feather in your cap.

He's serious... we actually call him Mikey cause he hates everything... except trivia...

Derek Carr.

I've went back a forth debating whether or not to wait until 26 to snag him. Ugh, I just don't trust that he'll be there. You have all the QB needy teams up top. Especially teams like Oakland and the Vikings. You even have to worry about teams in the late teens to early twenties, a team like the Cardinals even.

Having to only pick one player. Gotta be Carr I guess. It is what it is.

Now, if I get two in the top 10, it's Carr then Watkins.

Actually you picked "other"... well done...

I went with Mack, but I'm very surprised that 90% of fans would pass on Blake Bortles if he is there.

Zombo

Well... the vote did start before Bortles' Pro-Day work out. Blew away all in attendance by all accounts I've read/ heard...

Tour2ma do not make the mistake of putting to much (if any) stock in a pro day workout. Pro days are the biggest lie in the NFL draft. They are orchestrated, heavily practiced workouts designed by the players position coach and agent designed to showcase their strengths and mitigate weaknesses. Pro days are glorified media events with, IMO, very little in the way of tangibles for evauluating a prospect. Put it this way: it's exactly like Barack Obama giving a speech. It's being read from a teleprompter, written by a speech writer/staffer, and rehearsed at least a dozen times. It's not authentic. The single best tool for player evaluation always has been and always will be film. And IMO Bortles film is a mixed bag.

Archived