THE BROWNS BOARD

common core - an open door to liberal teaching of falsehoods to children

calfoxwc

This is just one way.

What a brainwash liberal ObaMao bunch of crap.

No wonder we have woodys in this country.

And yes, I can find all sorts of other sites that deal with

this subject.

And yes, woody, just once, deal with the subject of the thread.

http://bulletsfirst.net/2014/03/25/un-common-core-gun-controllers-indoctrinate-idea-2nd-amendment/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon County Schools 7th grade Applied Civics Common Core Activity

www.okaloosaschools.com/.../Common%20Core/.../LCS%20CCSS%20D...‎

Common Core Activity. Debate over Gun Control and the 2nd Amendment. Common Core Literacy Strands (Reading): LA.68.RH.1.1 (textual evidence), LA.68.

Naturally, the Huffington Post can't muster an opinion. It just reported on a gun groups opinion.

If they can't blow liberal smoke, they'll blow none at all.

• Common Core assignment: Remove two amendments from ...

article.wn.com/.../Common_Core_assignment_Remove_two_amendment...‎

Mar 8, 2014 - Common Core tells teachers to say 'all right wing extremist groups' are .... Former Supreme Court justice: Change Second Amendment to ...

• Common Core~Fail - Pinterest

www.pinterest.com/farmcottage/common-core~fail/‎

NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY Mother Destroys Common Core in Four Minutes.. SHARES ... The actual 2nd Amendment text reads A well regulated militia, being ...

Woody - Care to actually grow up and actually comment on the subject of the thread?

Or, going with your usual cowardly m.o., you aren't old or smart enough to articulate

an opinion, so you'll just diss every single other source that also talks about

the subject of the thread?

btw, there are many more. Shame, I couldn't find one from CNN.

Fancy that.

I believe it is a govt program to just standardize the educational requirements for each grade level across all of the states. So if you were in 8th grade in Ohio and then moved to Indiana you wouldn't have to worry about then being ahead or behind. It is a set of standards for each state to follow a far as education goes.

But of course, liberal Obamao is president and the govt is bad, so this is all just an attempt to brainwash children into voting for liberals.

Bullets First? Really?

No, no. I'm sorry. Liberals brainwashing students. Got it. Carry on

If you'd pay attention you would see he is right. It's deep in the ramblings, but it is there. America's youth is being taught false truths on purpose.

So a standardised syllabus is a bad thing? I must really be missing something - cal, please let me know what that is.

I would imagine it's only a bad thing if someone from the opposite ideology writes the curriculum, no?

The examples, or hypotheticals, should be fairly obvious.

If Obama's people in the teachers unions are writing the script it's one thing, if it's Bill o Reilly its probably another. Disagree?

And face it, we don't have the energy, the resources or the will to assign specialized instruction for every student.

WSS

I would imagine it's only a bad thing if someone from the opposite ideology writes the curriculum, no?

The examples, or hypotheticals, should be fairly obvious.

If Obama's people in the teachers unions are writing the script it's one thing, if it's Bill o Reilly its probably another. Disagree?

And face it, we don't have the energy, the resources or the will to assign specialized instruction for every student.

WSS

It's a bad thing if a school is teaching 'the wrong' thing, obviously. What is 'the wrong' thing differs between people, of course. So there should be an agreed upon syllabus that teaches 'the right' things, right?

I would like to debate, like adults, the meaning of this:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Unfortunately this leaves a lot up to interpretation. My opinion is current standards in our country are too lax to meet the definition of "well regulated Militia." One interpretation could go as far as to say that one must be a member of an actual militia in order to be able to own a gun, while another interpretation could state that a militia, by definition, isn't organized and therefore can't be effectively regulated.

As for the syllabus issue, it comes down to the same issue that was discussed in the evolution vs. creationism debates: schools should teach children to think critically and to debate issues, but not advocate one political position over the other.

It's a bad thing if a school is teaching 'the wrong' thing, obviously. What is 'the wrong' thing differs between people, of course. So there should be an agreed upon syllabus that teaches 'the right' things, right?

Yes that would certainly be the goal in a perfect world.

Getting New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Biloxi, Dallas, Dubuque and Mayberry on the same page might be a bit of a chore.

WSS

Yes that would certainly be the goal in a perfect world.

Getting New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Biloxi, Dallas, Dubuque and Mayberry on the same page might be a bit of a chore.

WSS

Come on, surely you're making some of those names up ;)

Osiris I think the original intent is pretty clear. At that time the powers that be wanted Farmer Brown to have weaponry equal to what the British had and beyond that equal to whatever government may try to usurp power would have.

If a majority of American citizens banded together and decided that the xxxxxxxxxxxx administration had overstepped its authority and that armed revolt was necessary to take power back?

The equal weaponry part is already done. That horse has left the barn.

I just believe we are so conditioned to revere the Constitution and Bill of Rights that it's hard to admit that they are outdated.

WSS

Archived