THE BROWNS BOARD

common core - an open door to liberal teaching of falsehoods to children

calfoxwc

Cal, you are clearly incredibly skewed to one end of the political spectrum. It would be hard for anyone here to deny that. You would be the last person on this board I'd expect to have a clear idea of the political leanings of someone else. Most rational people would understand that you are on the far right. I may be somewhat left, but not as far as you seem to think. You are the one on here that will call anyone that disagrees with you on just one topic a liberal. You blatantly group all liberals into one thought or another. You will attack the entire other side. You are every reason why our political system gets nothing done in this country.

I don't care to post every little thing I think is bad that a conservative committed. 1) If I don't think it is really that important I won't, 2) My web browser home page isn't the liberal version of The Blaze. I don't frequent the left version of Top Right News. I wouldn't have these stories to post and I am not going to go seeking them.

Edit: My bad, Stewy posted that last one. You guys sound exactly alike most of the time. Either way, this post could be addressed at either of you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edit: My bad, Stewy posted that last one. You guys sound exactly alike most of the time. Either way, this post could be addressed at either of you. woody

Knee-jerk. Liberal mistake. "Typo" lol

Most of America is principled. Life has value. Castle laws. 2nd Amendment. Freedom to choose.

1st Amendment. Our Constitution. Although too many reps are also self interested, unprincipled

politicians who lie..... most are principled.

Most dems are unprincipled. Look at the number that voted for obamaocare - without even reading it.

There are far, far more flipflopping, depending on the political advantage, by dems than reps.

Mostly, a large subculture in our country want an undeserved, easy ride. Free stuff. That is mostly

on the LEFT. And, the pandering for votes from the black community...is on the LEFT.

The LEFT has caused that subculture that is dependent on the gov. The LEFT maligned Bush

for his deficit. But the LEFT applauds Obamao's spending far, far worse of a deficit and they want more.

I'd say that the left loves to believe they are the middle. But the next couple of elections should

show that Americans will shift back to the RIGHT to get this country back on the right track.

As far as polls go, look the polls about Obamao. Not good at all. The lofty catch phrases and phoney

rhetoric has caught up with the dems. The pendulum should be swinging the other direction soon.

• rep_up.png

You disagreeing with someone does not mean they "lack principle" lol

If you do not like a politician that does not automatically make them corrupt

Not all people that disagree with you can be lumped into one group.

Freedom to choose? Oh, can someone choose to smoke weed? Can a woman choose to get an abortion? Can a gay couple choose to get married?

You will see what you want to see Cal. You will continue to only get news from sources that tell you what you want to hear so you can continue to think how you do. Those sources will play on your paranoia and gullibility to make a profit.

You honestly believe the left is the cause for all the bad in this country, and the right is all the good. That is laughable.

Edit: My bad, Stewy posted that last one. You guys sound exactly alike most of the time. Either way, this post could be addressed at either of you. woody

Knee-jerk. Liberal mistake. "Typo" lol

Most of America is principled. Life has value. Castle laws. 2nd Amendment. Freedom to choose.

1st Amendment. Our Constitution. Although too many reps are also self interested, unprincipled

politicians who lie..... most are principled.

Most dems are unprincipled. Look at the number that voted for obamaocare - without even reading it.

There are far, far more flipflopping, depending on the political advantage, by dems than reps.

Mostly, a large subculture in our country want an undeserved, easy ride. Free stuff. That is mostly

on the LEFT. And, the pandering for votes from the black community...is on the LEFT.

The LEFT has caused that subculture that is dependent on the gov. The LEFT maligned Bush

for his deficit. But the LEFT applauds Obamao's spending far, far worse of a deficit and they want more.

I'd say that the left loves to believe they are the middle. But the next couple of elections should

show that Americans will shift back to the RIGHT to get this country back on the right track.

As far as polls go, look the polls about Obamao. Not good at all. The lofty catch phrases and phoney

rhetoric has caught up with the dems. The pendulum should be swinging the other direction soon.

• rep_up.png

I will now play devils advocate. You said life has value. This isn't a republican principle. It's a human one. Yet republicans support the death penalty. You said we should have the freedom to choose. I agree. Many republicans would say that a woman who is raped has no choice when it comes to bearing the rapists' child.

Republicans are always trying to redistrict and find other ways to deny voting rights to minorities. Is this principled?

I would say if there is a difference between the way liberals and conservatives think, it is this: liberals see issues as gray with complications and circumstances, conservatives tend to see things in black and white. This is why where you see flip flopping, others will see careful consideration.

will now play devils advocate. You said life has value. This isn't a republican principle. It's a human one. Yet republicans support the death penalty. You said we should have the freedom to choose. I agree. Many republicans would say that a woman who is raped has no choice when it comes to bearing the rapists' child.
Republicans are always trying to redistrict and find other ways to deny voting rights to minorities. Is this principled?
I would say if there is a difference between the way liberals and conservatives think, it is this: liberals see issues as gray with complications and circumstances, conservatives tend to see things in black and white. This is why where you see flip flopping, others will see careful consideration. Os

I believe you'll find that the Reps do not support abortion at all, or at least in part. Life does have value. That

is innocent life. As far as your rape example.... that is an exception to the rule for most reps, I think.

But "Freedom to choose" is a principle that also involves responsibility. If a woman is not responsible, that's a different

deal that being irresponsible, and wanting to terminate an early pregancy just "because".

You will find many dems, including Buttock Obamao himself, that support unlimited abortions, including

partial birth abortions. You will not find that in the republican party.

Now, reps want to redistrict? I would imagine that it was to re-redistrict from the districts from the dems, who may have

done the same..... I don't get redistricting. It may involve principles, I don't know.

Liberals see issues in terms of political expediency. Like Obamao flipped on the 2nd Amendment AND real marriage,

AND our national debt AND having the most "transparent" admin ever. There's no gray there. There's lying, and then

acting on the opposite when elected.

You'd have me believe that dems are just wrong, and then they "change" their minds.

In principle, if you support our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and our 2nd and 1st Amendments, you don't

attack the 1st and 2nd Amendment rights when you get the chance, after you get elected.

In principle, when you know what real marriage is, you don't all of a sudden have a "gray area" about

men and women... you lied out your wazoo, and politically flipped to the left, like Obamao did.

My example of dems stands: Those dems all got together and voted for Obamaocare without reading the bill.

That isn't principle. That is collective corruption based on political expediency.

With freedom, comes responsibility. There are dems and reps who support the 2nd Amendment. I'm

talking strong trends here. If you think you can show me where reps are collectively corrupted in voting

as a block, then you go for it.

As I see it liberalism is basically just the practice of making what was once unacceptable behavior acceptable.

The reason for it is that even though it makes society weaker it consolidates power for those who practice it. If you tell drug addicts alcoholics criminals teenage mothers alcoholics generation after generation of welfare recipients that it's someone else's fault they will flock to you.

There should be some shame involved in all sorts of anti social behaviour but all too often the anger is misplaced and turned on the people who point it out.

As far as what everyone thinks is a got ya on the death penalty vs abortion question? If you are trying to make the equation that killing any human life is equal then at least you have to admit abortion is merely murder for convenience sake, not much different the exterminating the people who live in the ghetto. Right?

And if you are agreeing that human life is human life why would you consider executing a child that came about as the result of a rape? That child did nothing wrong. How about we kill the families of convicted murderers? Is that OK?

WSS

I would say if there is a difference between the way liberals and conservatives think, it is this: liberals see issues as gray with complications and circumstances, conservatives tend to see things in black and white. OS

BTW, I think you have this opposite.

How many libs have gloated that the Republican party was in "disarray" and "turmoil" ?

That's because it's the conservatives who see things comprehensively - various shades of gray/color.

Everybody knows the dems have been in lock-step. They vote as an entire block, for the most part.

That is seeing things in black and white.

As I see it liberalism is basically just the practice of making what was once unacceptable behavior acceptable.

The reason for it is that even though it makes society weaker it consolidates power for those who practice it. If you tell drug addicts alcoholics criminals teenage mothers alcoholics generation after generation of welfare recipients that it's someone else's fault they will flock to you.

There should be some shame involved in all sorts of anti social behaviour but all too often the anger is misplaced and he picked up on the people who point it out.

As far as trusting out what everyone thinks is a got ya on the death penalty vs abortion question? If you are trying to make the equation that killing any human life is equal then at least you have to admit abortion is merely murder for convenience sake, not much different the exterminating the people who live in the ghetto. Right?

And if you are agreeing that human life is human life why would you consider executing a child that came about as the result of a rape? That child did nothing wrong. How about we kill the families of convicted murderers? Is that OK?

WSS

Liberalism makes society weaker? So all things that are not acceptable, that weren't at some point, are making society weaker?

--- then the bit about the free stuff, yeah ----

That last paragraph though, wow. That was something else. Maybe someone else will take a crack at it

I'll ask why exactly? Though I don't expect an actual response...

I wouldn't expect you to comprehend as history has shown, so I won't waste my time.

I am glad that liberals are at the root of everything bad ever haha. I had to inform my black wife that things should have never changed. Could be a bold move given that she cooks my meals.

I think it's pretty cynical to equate liberalism and race. We know that race baiting is big business for the Democratic Party but I expect you to be a lot smarter than the wood man.

:)

WSS

Liberalism makes society weaker? So all things that are not acceptable, that weren't at some point, are making society weaker?

--- then the bit about the free stuff, yeah ----

That last paragraph though, wow. That was something else. Maybe someone else will take a crack at it

Yes hopefully someone a little more astute than you. I think I'll ask my cat...

WSS

I think it's pretty cynical to equate liberalism and race. We know that race baiting is big business for the Democratic Party but I expect you to be a lot smarter than the wood man.

:)

WSS

I was referring more to the days when Jim Crow was the norm. And I do equate "liberals" with making the push to stop that sort of thing. They missed the mark on a goood deal of things but not everything liberal was some plan hatched by the devil himself like some folks here are trying to say. We don't live on the set of Andy Griffith and that is a good thing in the long run.

I was referring more to the days when Jim Crow was the norm. And I do equate "liberals" with making the push to stop that sort of thing. They missed the mark on a goood deal of things but not everything liberal was some plan hatched by the devil himself like some folks here are trying to say. We don't live on the set of Andy Griffith and that is a good thing in the long run.

First I don't think it's a good thing to turn your back on the ideals in the Andy Griffith Show.

Oh perhaps it's unrealistic but tell me what they did that was bad for society.

As far as Jim Crow I get your point but I believe that modern day liberalism actually keeps the spirit of Jim Crow alive polarizing groups of people for fun and profit. Separate but equal?

WSS

WSS

Andy was soft on crime. (ex: Otis)

Oh I agree on that. I have talked about that on here. There are liberal types who don't realize how unbelievably racist they are by presuming that minorities are too dumb to help themselves and require enlightened white people to come in and save them. It is condescending and in many ways wayy worse than anything that a hillbilly could yell from a window.

But Steve, are you saying everything that at one point was not acceptable, but is today, made society weaker?

I try never to use, haha never, idiotic words like always or never.

I don't think morality should be based on what was acceptable or is now acceptable or anything much like that. Here's the basis since you are having a hard time comprehending.

The dogs in the Petsmart cages probably live longer than dogs in the wild. Of course take those dogs and let them out into the wild and they will die soon.

Captivity not only eliminates the need to survive therefore the ability to get stronger but also makes mammals and other creatures weaker and more dependent.

As for the breakdown and morality? I admit I'm no better than most people. I think every day we get farther and farther from being honorable people.

WSS

I try never to use, haha never, idiotic words like always or never.

I don't think morality should be based on what was acceptable or is now acceptable or anything much like that. Here's the basis since you are having a hard time comprehending.

The dogs in the Petsmart cages probably live longer than dogs in the wild. Of course take those dogs and let them out into the wild and they will die soon.

Captivity not only eliminates the need to survive therefore the ability to get stronger but also makes mammals and other creatures weaker and more dependent.

As for the breakdown and morality? I admit I'm no better than most people. I think every day we get farther and farther from being honorable people.

WSS

That's not really a great example because the dog is a domesticated animal. A little rat dog chihuahua isn't going to last a week in the wild because we bred out all the traits that would make it able to survive on its own. Either way, I fail to see how your point relates to the effect of liberalism on society. Your argument is an appeal to tradition.

and I believe that liberalism, the expansion of the welfare state, has bred the ability to survive and flourish out of many human beings.

we are becoming Chihuahua s.

And another point. While we bicker about gay marriage we completely ignore the fact that marriage is a solemn vow and today most people don't take it seriously at all. I think that is morally wrong and we should all be a bit more ashamed to be dishonorable when making that vow.

WSS

The reason for it is that even though it makes society weaker it consolidates power for those who practice it.

WSS

I'm just going off of what you said. It sounded like making things that at one point unacceptable acceptable makes our society weaker. There are a good number of people that would disagree with that

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Irresponsible procreation, willingness to accept welfare generation after generation, disregarding the honor of vows you might make, you probably get the idea. I'm sure there are things you would find immoral that have no absolute scientific basis for which.

WSS

To be honest, while I wouldn't personally outlaw abortion, I do believe the regard for human life is almost nil in the last 40 or 50 years.

When millions of kids are too lazy and irresponsible to take the most simple forms of birth control and the most easily available just because they don't care I'd say something is wrong. When law firm after law firm advertises how easily they can get disability for anyone and regarding the skyrocketing number of cases, something is wrong.

WSS

Right, I get your points in the last two posts, but I don't really think that the post I quoted fits that exactly.

I am not sure you can just say "liberalism" and then name all these bad things.

From the way you worded it, women voting, interracial marriage, most civil rights victories, etc, have all "weakened" society.

Archived