THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's gonna go see Draft Day?

Adoug319

I worked at Whataburger while I was in college at AI in AZ. They do have a bomb burger. The chicken was decent too. Ah, I miss me some Jack-in-the-box.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked at the Red Barn in Ft. Lauderdale Fla. for six weeks. Sunrise Blvd. They had the Big Barney...essentially their version of a Big Mac. Their corporate HQ was in Ft. Lauderdale.

It was a big chain at one time. There was a Red Barn right across from my high school that did a ton of business.

You still occasionally see an old Red Barn Building....converted to something else. They have a distinctive style.

The one in Norton and the one in Ft. Lauderdale are both gone now.

Whataburger was a favorite of mine in the short. I lived in Texas. And it's too bad we don't have Jack in the Box here. Five guys makes a damn good burger.

When in the North Hill section of Akron don't forget to try Louies.

Zombo you only eat McDonalds when you are drunk off your ass and making bad decisions... My brother, that's probably what, 3 or 4 times a week? :)

WSS

There is someone else.... Where in TX did you live?

There is someone else.... Where in TX did you live?

I spent a short time in Dickinson, Deer Park and Hurst.

I spent the 5th and 7th grades among those three towns. When I was 21 father went down again for a few years to Dallas and I visited them.

and when the band was on the road we played Houston, Dallas, Lubbock, El Paso and probably a couple other towns.

WSS

I worked at the Red Barn in Ft. Lauderdale Fla. for six weeks. Sunrise Blvd. They had the Big Barney...essentially their version of a Big Mac. Their corporate HQ was in Ft. Lauderdale.

It was a big chain at one time. There was a Red Barn right across from my high school that did a ton of business.

You still occasionally see an old Red Barn Building....converted to something else. They have a distinctive style.

The one in Norton and the one in Ft. Lauderdale are both gone now.

the red barn in sandusky was famous for their chicken. it was a staple of my childhood. too bad they just tore it down.

saw one about 8 years ago when i drove a friends truck full of furniture out to telluride. it was a lot different than what i had remembered. more upscale family restaurant.

the red barn in sandusky was famous for their chicken. it was a staple of my childhood. too bad they just tore it down.

saw one about 8 years ago when i drove a friends truck full of furniture out to telluride. it was a lot different than what i had remembered. more upscale family restaurant.

It was probably not part of the Red Barn fast food chain. That went out of business decades ago. That may have been a place that was able to use the Red Barn name even though not affiliated with the former chain.

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/article/20140408/SPORTS/304080002/Costner-calls-Draft-Day-next-classic-sports-movie I like this guy.

So, if Costner did hold the title of Cleveland Browns general manager for this draft, would he be interested in Johnny Manziel, Jadeveon Clowney or Sammy Watkins?

“I don’t know, you had a quarterback who looked like he was emerging last year and he was hurt,” Costner said. “Obviously you want a quarterback but it’s not a quarterback problem.

“You have a guy (Brian Hoyer) who showed he can play. Listen, I think the whole league wants to see Cleveland win. I’d like to see them win, and I think they will win. It just would be nice to see you guys make the playoffs.”

When pressed a little bit more to make a pick, Costner — just like a good GM prior to the draft — did his best to avoid answering the question.

“You should just keep going for defense because I think you have some good offense players, I really do,” Costner said. “I think if you’ve ever played, the one thing you hate is to have people in your face. And if you create a defense that’s in your face, there’s nobody that’s going to want to play the Cleveland Browns.”

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/article/20140408/SPORTS/304080002/Costner-calls-Draft-Day-next-classic-sports-movie I like this guy.

So, if Costner did hold the title of Cleveland Browns general manager for this draft, would he be interested in Johnny Manziel, Jadeveon Clowney or Sammy Watkins?

“I don’t know, you had a quarterback who looked like he was emerging last year and he was hurt,” Costner said. “Obviously you want a quarterback but it’s not a quarterback problem.

“You have a guy (Brian Hoyer) who showed he can play. Listen, I think the whole league wants to see Cleveland win. I’d like to see them win, and I think they will win. It just would be nice to see you guys make the playoffs.”

When pressed a little bit more to make a pick, Costner — just like a good GM prior to the draft — did his best to avoid answering the question.

“You should just keep going for defense because I think you have some good offense players, I really do,” Costner said. “I think if you’ve ever played, the one thing you hate is to have people in your face. And if you create a defense that’s in your face, there’s nobody that’s going to want to play the Cleveland Browns.”

I am curious as to who Costner's favorite team might be. He is from Southern California but moved around a lot over the years (mostly in various places in SoCal). He maybe could have been a Rams or Raider fan, but I don't know if he has much allegiance to either of them.

I am curious as to who Costner's favorite team might be. He is from Southern California but moved around a lot over the years (mostly in various places in SoCal). He maybe could have been a Rams or Raider fan, but I don't know if he has much allegiance to either of them.

He will be on Rich Eisen's podcast next week and I'm sure they'll talk about who his favorite team is on that. He lives in Colorado now I think so he's probably a Broncos fan.

It was probably not part of the Red Barn fast food chain. That went out of business decades ago. That may have been a place that was able to use the Red Barn name even though not affiliated with the former chain.

right. after researching it more i realized the difference between the franchise fast food places started in mid-ohio and the place i visited years ago was the red barn steakhouse chain.

right. after researching it more i realized the difference between the franchise fast food places started in mid-ohio and the place i visited years ago was the red barn steakhouse chain.

Was The Red Barn started in Central Ohio? I didn't think so. As noted, their national HQ was in Ft. Lauderdale.

Wendy's was started in Central Ohio right? Columbus, by Dave Thomas?

Screen_shot_2014_04_09_at_9_36_22_AM.png

started in springfield, OH where ever that is.

Wow, I had no Idea they were headquartered right under my nose here in Dayton. There were several in town. No surprise they went out of business- the burgers were pretty bad.

back to the movie. Moviefone trailer number 1.

00:20

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/draft-day/10123424/main

right after the line someone comes out looking like a donkey. Doesn't that look like Brandon Weeden?

WSS

Steve, if Haslam wants art to imitate life, or life imitate art- he should have Costner announce the first pick May 8th.

Wow, I had no Idea they were headquartered right under my nose here in Dayton. There were several in town. No surprise they went out of business- the burgers were pretty bad.

Per the article, the "Big Barney" actually predated the Big Mac. The Big Mac was a ripoff of the Big Barney.

I don't recall the burgers being any worse than any other chains.

I am organizing the Naples Browns Backers to go see it as a group.

I hear Jennifer Garner shows her bush.

Zombo

Z, if yall have room for one more, I'd be grateful. Let me know when. It would beat going solo, for I doubt any of my "associates" here would be willing to sit through a Garner movie. I'm also on paid vacation till October, so I'll happily buy you a beer or few. Something about swine flu, a coma, and not being allowed to swim anymore.

I went and watched it last night. It was ok, I'll say above average. By all accounts a good movie, but I left with a small feeling of disappointment because of how it was being hyped as the best sports movie ever made. I wouldn't even say it's the best sports movie Costner has ever starred in. When it came down to draft time and everyone was on the clock it was cool, but there is a love interest which, in my opinion, completely pulled away from the movie, and I also felt like some pieces of the back story were cheesy. Plus the first overall pick belonged to (SPOILER.... but not really a spoiler because you figure this out in the first 5 minutes of the film) the Seahawks. Who we all know actually won the super bowl this year. I figure that decision came down to where it was cheaper to film, but still. They could have shoved Buffalo in that spot (a team that appears in the film) and used the Seahawks else where.

I'll give it a 7 out of 10. I was planning on seeing it again this afternoon, but I was just underwhelmed enough to wait to see it again when it comes out on Blu Ray.

I really enjoyed this movie. There was a scene towards the beginning that gave me goosebumps about how Cleveland is a sports town, and we all bleed the colors of our teams, especially Brown and Orange. We don't have the hot babes, the nice weather, or the wealth of other cities, but we have our sports teams. Overall this was a great movie in my eyes... MANNN that Browns' GM was ballsy haha.. I'd definitely recommend it.

I only saw two people in there with browns gear, my buddy Viktor (Derek Anderson jersey lol) who came with me, and a guy who sat in front of us (William Green jersey)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/01/kevin-costner-nfl-nixed-scene-of-fans-hanging-him-in-effigy/

I read about this in a Bleacher Report somewhere - and thought this was a true representation of the fans we have, and now cut out of the film....

from the comments - "Wouldn’t want the delicate, left leaning folks to feel uneasy" right woody?

BTW the "Barnbuster" is a Whopper rip-off.... or is it the other way around?

The movie theater in Canton, OH- Tinseltown, is where we just got home from watching it! It was sold out. It was the hottest I've ever been in a movie theater too, I'm blaming it on all the hot blooded browns fans there! Nearly everyone was decked out in Browns gear and there were "Here we go Brownies, here we go- Woof, Woof!"

We all laughed at the funny stuff and cheered when they showed the Hall of Fame!

We all loved the movie, I just hope we can live up to it in less than a month!

I'm out of it on burger joints I guess. Typically I have to go local mom and pop around here to get a good greasy burger. When in Cleveland, I've been to Red Robin several times, and was at a Brown Bag Burger once. Never been to Five Guys but they more recently opened one up in the Youngstown area. In-and-Out Burger...first time I heard of them was when I was in LA. Didn't get a chance to go though. I've not seen any of those anywhere in Ohio.

From the Youngstown area? I live on the southside across the way from struthers. As far as burgers go, I dig five guys, just not the overkill with the grease they ar famous for... I'm not up on my burger joints though, not a whole lot to choose from in the yo.

Archived