THE BROWNS BOARD

Nate Burleson SIGNED

LBC mike

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is about a C or C- WR. If you bring him in....or any other the others out there (Sidney Rice, Santonio Holme, Danario Alexander, Miles Austin, Austin Collie, Deion Branch etc.) you are probably saying Sayonara to Josh Cooper and Greg Little.

Josh Cooper is a practice squad level talent.

Who can catch just about everything thrown his way....and usually get open in the seams.

If we had a WR that combined Greg Little and all his other skills, and Josh Coopers mitts, we would have one hell of a WR.

Josh Cooper is a practice squad level talent.

There is a strange board (several boards for that matter) fascination with Cooper. I don't see it. He is very average at best. He may have "great mitts" compared to Little but overall again very average. The number one reason he got a look by the Browns was Weeden. His best chance to keep getting a paycheck in the NFL is to head to Dallas.

There is a strange board (several boards for that matter) fascination with Cooper. I don't see it. He is very average at best. He may have "great mitts" compared to Little but overall again very average. The number one reason he got a look by the Browns was Weeden. His best chance to keep getting a paycheck in the NFL is to head to Dallas.

The fascination with him is that the motherfucker gets open and catches the ball...unlike a lot of guys we have had here (MoMass, Robiskie, Little etc.). He has that Brian Brennan, Wes Welker feel about him. The feel that, no, he is no superstar WR like a Gordon could be, but that he is highly functional and useful.

i like the veteran leadership angle but not at the cost of upgrading in the draft. i mean how deep does a team's WR corp have to be?

One of Pettines mantras is that you must overpopulate as many positions as possible in order to create competition and make the 1st string players feel like someone is breathing down their necks waiting for their opportunity. So Burleson has little impact on the draft.

63% completion rate, 17 catches, 166 yd, 0 TD, 1 drop.

The one drop is generous, he dropped two in one game that PFF isn't counting.

Real world beater right there.

I agree some fans overvalue him because of a couple good catches.

We haven't seen enough of him really, and we probably won't assuming we draft a guy behind Gordon, Hawkins, Draftee, Benjamin, Little.

63% completion rate, 17 catches, 166 yd, 0 TD, 1 drop.

The one drop is generous, he dropped two in one game that PFF isn't counting.

Real world beater right there.

When was he ever used as a red zone receiver? Like, never. And surest handed receivers are going to have a drop once in a while. As for completion rate.....look who he has had for a QB.

Name me any receiver on this team that has surer hands.

He just has not been used much...as someone said.

Probably more of a locker room signing than anything else. Vet who can teach some of the younger guys how to be a pro.

I don't agree and love what this group is doing. They looked at our crop of WR's and said "Crap! We've got only one worth a damn, let's keep Josh, move Little to a back-up WR, forget/cut the rest, pick up a new slot receiver and another back-up WR in FA, and draft our starting WR#2. This FO wants to make sure we have a solid, competitive team while still building for the future. If Watkins is there at 4, we will have changed the second weakest part of the team into a real strength. And it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted two WR's in May. Go Browns!

Archived