THE BROWNS BOARD

Nate Burleson SIGNED

LBC mike

He picked Cleveland over Miami, which should make him a hero if he plays even marginally well.

So did Ray Farmer. We are building an team of Anti-Lebrons, taking their talents to North beach.

Zombo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This signing is great. The only thing we were missing in our WR corp more than talent, was a veteran who could:

A - Mentor the young guys

B - Be trusted on 3rd down, and in big-time situations

Gordon / Hawkins / Burleson / Benjamin ... we're getting there

I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

I think you underestimate veteran leadership. Before some of these guy were brought in, we lacked that, especially in the receiver meeting room.

How much cap space do we still have? Are you writting the checks? Then I don't understand why people are complaining about a one year deal that likely isn't even worth that much to bring in a guy who is a proven leader and productive WR. He had what, 500 yards receiving when he played only half a season last year? Even if he drops off, like I expect he will, he is going to be a positive presence and a good contributor.

He's certainly not going to hurt the team in any way, so I don't know what all the bitching is about. Yay, veteran mentor...now how long until the draft?

There will always be people who hate on everything. They will be out in full force come draft day.

One year contract, probably cheap, and guys are bitching?

Its no different with dhb. People are crying and if the steelers cut the guy it will cost the team 65k. If he comes in and produces hes a steal.

Archived