THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuyahoga County Sin Tax

joebialek

ah, the party! Hey woody why don't you show your ignorance even more and list the vile beliefs stated by the Tea Party. I'm guessing you don't know jack shit and will have to go to a left-wing website to find some examples of egregious behavior.

WSS

I know what the majority of Americans think based off of national polls. I know what some general tea party stances are. I know, based off of polls, there is a split building in the Rep party, especially between old and young Republicans on certain issues.

More widely accepted stances on social issues will need to be held by a president for them to be elected.

I would be willing to bet that someone affiliated with the tea party will not be elected. No matter how much money is thrown into the political system on their behalf.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, and the entire universe was made in 6 days, lololol.

How many of the 10 commandments are even remotely laws?

You, and others on here, seem to have a poor grip on the whole freedom of rekigion, separation of church and state thing. Christians have been the majority for so long that any evening out of that power is seen as an attach. That's fucking stupid.

Forcing private institutions to stat open on Sundays is just stupid. They can do what they want. I hate religion, but individuals still have their rights

Well according to other theories the entire universe sprang forth from nothingness in the blink of an eye so six days sounds pretty conservative

Well according to other theories the entire universe sprang forth from nothingness in the blink of an eye so six days sounds pretty conservative

The earth took somewhere around 9 billion years to form - the universe didn't just spring in to existence overnight (whatever a night would have been back then).

I know what the majority of Americans think based off of national polls. I know what some general tea party stances are. I know, based off of polls, there is a split building in the Rep party, especially between old and young Republicans on certain issues.

More widely accepted stances on social issues will need to be held by a president for them to be elected.

I would be willing to bet that someone affiliated with the tea party will not be elected. No matter how much money is thrown into the political system on their behalf.

so you have absolutely no idea. As I suspected. Just parroting what you heard folks on the Left say. I don't even think you are that much of a leftist, more of a contrarian. From what I have heard from the Tea Party I would be surprised if you were vehemently opposed to it.

Maybe you should practice what you preach and actually find out before you bitch.

Otherwise you are just regurgitating be bullshit from the fringe pundits.

WSS

How long is a day in the biblical sense? Only Woody knows for sure.......

God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. - Genesis 1:5

So a day in terms of creation is one earth day, presumably. I know some people have tried suggesting that one 'creation' day is thousands or millions of years (presumably in an attempt to fit in with an observably older universe?) but I think that's pretty clear cut from genesis.

As with reporting, (everything before the but is bullshit), didn't everything change after the New Covenant? If so why waste so much time arguing over the Old Testament?

WSS

Yeah Jesus came along and basically said "forget the old testament, it's rules are pretty rubbish, follow what I say" - hence why christianity doesn't worry so much about pork, mixed cloths and tattoos (while judaism does). Not sure why the old testament is still printed with the bible if that's the case, though?

God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. - Genesis 1:5

So a day in terms of creation is one earth day, presumably. I know some people have tried suggesting that one 'creation' day is thousands or millions of years (presumably in an attempt to fit in with an observably older universe?) but I think that's pretty clear cut from genesis.

I guess that would just be religion's attempt to try to remain somewhat plausible as we learn more and more about the universe around us

so you have absolutely no idea. As I suspected. Just parroting what you heard folks on the Left say. I don't even think you are that much of a leftist, more of a contrarian. From what I have heard from the Tea Party I would be surprised if you were vehemently opposed to it.

Maybe you should practice what you preach and actually find out before you bitch.

Otherwise you are just regurgitating be bullshit from the fringe pundits.

WSS

lol, alright think whatever you want then. It seems like what I type doesn't matter anyway...

I wasn't talking about the earth Chris. I was talking about the universe. Is that not one of the principals of the big bang theory?

I'm confused - you were talking specifically about the earth in your post, mentioning the six days, so that's how I answered. The bible doesn't specifically address the creation of the universe, as far as I'm aware?

woodypeckerhead is a sin. A travesty of alleged intelligence. A poor speller, inept thinker,

and a pantywaist bigot, to boot. Must be tough to be too stupid to repent.

It's not that confusing woody said the earth was created in six days lololol ok, right? But then the universe was created from nothing by an explosion of nothing in a nano second. Totally plausible right?

Your argument is that the earth is nine billion years old. Ok, that's actually pretty reasonable. But as for how long it took to be created? No one knows. Six days is as good a guess as any. Might be conservative since the entire universe was created in a blink.

Yeah Jesus came along and basically said "forget the old testament, it's rules are pretty rubbish, follow what I say" - hence why christianity doesn't worry so much about pork, mixed cloths and tattoos (while judaism does). Not sure why the old testament is still printed with the bible if that's the case, though?

I've heard a theory that it was the Romans who came up with the New Testament in order to make Christianity more palatable to the Roman population. I suspect this is not a widely held belief.

It's not that confusing woody said the earth was created in six days lololol ok, right? But then the universe was created from nothing by an explosion of nothing in a nano second. Totally plausible right?

Your argument is that the earth is nine billion years old. Ok, that's actually pretty reasonable. But as for how long it took to be created? No one knows. Six days is as good a guess as any. Might be conservative since the entire universe was created in a blink.

What are you considering the creation of the earth?

4-5 billion year old earth, the universe existed for 9 billion years before the earth. But as woody says, it depends on what you consider the creation of the earth - if it's the formation of a rock roughly the size of the earth, or the development of an atmosphere, or life, or the continents as we know them, or some other milestone of your choice. Either way, 6 days is just really not even close, a few sites I've glanced at quickly are suggesting 100 million years for the rocks to come together in space as a single planet.

4-5 billion year old earth, the universe existed for 9 billion years before the earth. But as woody says, it depends on what you consider the creation of the earth - if it's the formation of a rock roughly the size of the earth, or the development of an atmosphere, or life, or the continents as we know them, or some other milestone of your choice. Either way, 6 days is just really not even close, a few sites I've glanced at quickly are suggesting 100 million years for the rocks to come together in space as a single planet.

No one has the first clue. Some planets aren't even composed of rock are we going to speculate based on nothing how long it might have taken to create Jupiter?

And, yeah, I read it on the internet so it has to be true

Also if the rock just accumulated by happenstance why isn't the earth a lumpy mess of all the rock which would certainly have accumulated since its initial formation? Shenanigans.

The answers to your question exist, but I don't have time now. Do some research, and post your findings? I'd be interested in the results.

I've heard a theory that it was the Romans who came up with the New Testament in order to make Christianity more palatable to the Roman population. I suspect this is not a widely held belief.

that's how I see it. What better philosophy for the people you have conquered than to not worried about it understanding that in the next world they will be victorious.

WSS

Archived