Roy.E.Munson

What to Do With the RB Position?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Say good bye to Jamal Lewis and Start Harrison
    • Say Goodbye to JL and Draft a RB
    • Say Goodbye to JL and Sign a RB through FA
    • Keep JL and Simply give Harrison more Carries
    • Keep Harrison... Ditch JL... And let Harrison split carries with the newbie

I for one would like to see Harrison take the role of a Warrick Dunn or Brian Westbrook! But i feel that If we give Harrison 15-20 carries a game we need to Draft a hard nosed RB to take the "up the gut" plays and take the rock about 10 - 15 Carries per game.

Maybe Greene... I dont know where he will fall but... I would like to hear what the more intuitive members have to say!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ATENEARS

Has Harrison ever even proven he can run between the tackles yet?

I'm for keeping Jamal around (although at a reduced price), and bring in a RB to compete for the workload with all RB's on staff.

I would say he has.... that run .... you know the one... it was our last offensive TD.... well that wsa between tackle guard. at least i thats the way i remember it!

Not to mention the many runs for 3-4 yards up the gut that he has had!

So if he averages 3-4 yards up the gut and breaks 3 or 4 a game for 10+... ide say that was a good day!

Not to make the Comparrison... but ... Barry Sanders wasn't exciting on every play... but every now and then... damn!

I think Harrison could be very productive if he is given the carries! He has never been used right! And that includes alowing the Guy to get in a groove with 15+ carries.

Remember Quinns first game when Harrison steped on the field and Was eating up yards 7- 10 of them a carry!... I think thats what he could Bring to the Table!

By the way ... NYG Defence was not bad if i remember!

I'm for keeping Jamal around (although at a reduced price), and bring in a RB to compete for the workload with all RB's on staff.

no, harrison hasn't proven himself a capable between the tackles runner yet, which is why i think we need a big back who isn't on the downside of his career to go with him.

we've seen formerly great feature backs like shaun alexander and ladanian tomlinson absolutely fall apart in the past few years, and they've all been completely ineffective once they hit the same wall that lewis did this past season. he's just taken too much punishment to continue to be effective. his once great speed is as depleted as his run power is.

plus, we can open up some cap room to fill our other needs by getting rid of him if he won't take a pay cut.

Guest ATENEARS
My Bad... It was a designed pitch left and he cut it up!

But damn... he just shot up in there and he was gone!

http://browns.fandome.com/video/106456/Jer...ns-MNF-TD-Burn/

A surprise blast on an obvious passing down and digging out tough yards when everyone in the stadium knows your getting the ball are completely different things.

Hanging in there and picking up Mack trucks blitzing, and pounding it inside and still having the second gear to bust a couple of big ones is the type of player we need. Harrison has done some of that in spattered duty. The position is definately up for grabs ... moreso than this poll that lists JH in every scenario.

A surprise blast on an obvious passing down and digging out tough yards when everyone in the stadium knows your getting the ball are completely different things.

Hanging in there and picking up Mack trucks blitzing, and pounding it inside and still having the second gear to bust a couple of big ones is the type of player we need. Harrison has done some of that in spattered duty. The position is definately up for grabs ... moreso than this poll that lists JH in every scenario.

I only list him so much b/c i feel that we all have waited long enough for him to get a true CHANCE at it! Not two plays a game where he get you two first downs and then pull him! let the kid stay on the field and lets see what he has got!

At this point i guess the only fair thing is to say this: From what i have seen of Harrison, I feel that he is an Intreging player that should see an increased number of carries. He has proven that given the chance he can make big plays, so lets see if he can carry a load.

you must agree that he has never been given a legitament Shot at prooving he can carry this team!

Guest ATENEARS

Harrison reminds me of the Patriots Kevin Faulk and perhaps that is the role Crennel had for him. It could also be the best role Harrison ever finds himself in ... it works both ways.

I saw Harrison get a shot early on as a rookie and couldn't believe how easily he came down on shoe-string tackles. I believe he has bulked up since then, but doubt he is all of a sudden gonna take the league by storm.

Frankly, I have higher expectations for our RB position than to grant some token carries to Harrison because he's been a good boy.

Harrison reminds me of the Patriots Kevin Faulk and perhaps that is the role Crennel had for him. It could also be the best role Harrison ever finds himself in ... it works both ways.

I saw Harrison get a shot early on as a rookie and couldn't believe how easily he came down on shoe-string tackles. I believe he has bulked up since then, but doubt he is all of a sudden gonna take the league by storm.

Frankly, I have higher expectations for our RB position than to grant some token carries to Harrison because he's been a good boy.

Nothjing more to say... Agree to disagree.. after all neither of us has a real say in the matter!

I am in your boat...I don't know I want to just get rid of Lewis until i know we have someone who can replace him. I don't know if Harrison is that guy or not.

At minimum I would like to see some vet brought in as a reliable back-up to Harrison.

Harrison clearly needs to get more carries. I don't think anyone can say otherwise. Who should we look to draft? That is arguable. Honestly, I think Green or Jennings are the best options without drafting Beanie in the first round...and we have too many other needs to look at RB with #5.

I would throw Marlon Lucky into the equation...he can be had lower rounds and has proven he can run..and will be 2yrs post injury come this fall. He is also a great pass catcher out of the backfield.

I'd say we have to keep Harrison and see what we've got when the kid gets 10-15 carries a game with a bruising back to split the load with, which, we would draft in either the 2nd or 4th (or the pick we get from DA wherever that would fall).

We've discussed which backs, so I'm not going to ramble on over who.

Can you really keep Lewis at $6.4 million for next year when you need that money to fill so many other holes.

He will come in in great shape. But, he has lost the quick first step, that burst into the hole. I would be willing to keep him if he would rework his contract. I think we could draft or sign a better FA for way less of a cap hit.

Can you really keep Lewis at $6.4 million for next year when you need that money to fill so many other holes.

He will come in in great shape. But, he has lost the quick first step, that burst into the hole. I would be willing to keep him if he would rework his contract. I think we could draft or sign a better FA for way less of a cap hit.

i agree completely. marlon lucky, who'll be available in later rounds, is more than an adequate replacement for lewis if we don't go RB in the second.

Archived